Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

No Halo 3: ODST Achievements

Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

Alright, so I did the midnight launch party at EMP in Seattle... went to my local gamestop and grabbed my copy of the game at midnight, proceeded to go home and pop it in the machine... here i am now some odd days later, beaten it twice (once on normal once on hard) good game and I enjoy it a lot... only problem is I HAVE NO ACHIEVEMENTS FOR IT!!!! There are no scratches on disc, and when I play local co-op with a friend he gets achievements.... can anyone explain what to do for me?? I tried deleting the Halo 3: ODST achievement thing off my achievement tab and deleting the saved game data.... please help me

Nick

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Weird... I've got 870 without any issues... I don't know what the problem is, man. Bummer.

Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

Still not getting achievements... any suggestions?

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By unsolvedparadox

This isn't based on experience, but I would suggest playing another game until you earn an achievement and then immediately trying Halo 3: ODST again without logging off. Maybe it'll free up something that is stuck?

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vidiot
    I had the same problem.

The only thing I could figure out was that I wasn't connected to Live while playing. I have no idea why this was an issue, or if this was the issue, but I practically played until half way into the game without anything unlocking. 

I did everything, but it wasn't until I was logged on (and changing my online status to "online", versus "offline") and was 100% on the internet did stuff start to unlock. There are dialog boxes that will fill while playing, counters, that should fill up when doing things associated with achievements. You start to see these appear, you know your in the gold. 
    I have no more problems with this game now, tested online and offline. Good luck.
    Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

i am online while playing, and i see those tings (like killing enemies with the visor on and what not) but when they finish getting capped out (10/10 and such) no achievement even though i should get it....

when i got on my achievement panel and look under ODST there arent even any achievements showing up... 

sigh

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Nickolas_Moore: Sounds like a problem for Bungie. Might want to go to Bungie.net and start sending e-mails.
    Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

i have the same thread going on their forums, no replys on it sadly

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By PerryVandell

Looks like it's only on certain people's games, since I have 900 something on mine. Although I will note I was connected to xbox live.

Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

hmm it's still not working... here are some pics of what i see, maybe someone can help...

when im on the dashboard this is what i see

No Caption Provided

and when im in game i see this

No Caption Provided

any ideas?
    Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

Still doing this... any ideas?

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nukesniper

I had this issue with bust a move for xbla. I had to load up the game and sign out of my profile and then sign back in in order for that game to know what the hell was happening. That was it. When you hit your guide button in game and slide left does it say your gamerscore is zero? That is what Bust a Move did for me. Thats my only idea though.  

Other thing you could do, clear that game's achievement history (highlight the game on your guide button menu and hit X i think ) and possibly delete all your local content. It's not like it is going to give you all the achievements once it starts working for you. So you will probably have to start over.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

As Halo is part of microsoft I'd get on the Xbox official forums &/or contact their tech support. Might be someone else in 360 gaming community that might have had it, if nothing else I'd try there as I know many people who haven't had any problems playing ODST.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.