Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Is Halo better than Call of Duty 4

• 176 results
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think the single player is better and online is just as fun. i love vehicles in online gameplay. its really annoying that resistance 2 supposedly has no vehicles online. thats an awful decision, especially with 60 players

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By BiggerBomb

If by better you mean worse, yes.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Subway

Halo to me is the deeper and more fun game. COD is so repetitive I can't stand even thinking about playing it again.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By gamer_152

These 'most people on COD 4 who say Halo is rubbish' are better known as COD fanboys. I don't want to be dragged into any kind of argument but in my OPINION Halo 3 is the better game.

Teanah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Teanah

COD4 FTW.

nastybutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nastybutler

Yes and it takes skill to play and like it to rank up. COD4 is for people that suck at halo3. COD4 is just who ever has the best gun or first one to see the other person.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By DarthMaul

No. Halo will never be better than any Call of Duty game. Ever.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Rowr

cod 4 > halo 3

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By TomA

Haven't we had enough of these fucking threads already

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SpikeDelight

Halo 3 is a much better game. It is based on skill to kill someone whereas CoD4 even the biggest noob can kill someone in 1 or 2 shots if he's lucky. I think that the fact you need to take 4 or more shots with BR or more with other guns and usually need to use teamwork in Halo 3 makes it better, although a lot of people see that as a weakness. CoD4 never really requires much teamwork beyond telling everyone to put up a UAV or to try not to get killed because youre about to lose, but in Halo 3 the whole MLG community is based on how much teamwork Halo 3 actually requires. I think most reviewers like CoD4's multplayer better also because they don't get much time to play a game and are obviosuly going to like the one you can get instant gratification in better than the one you really have to practice at. Everyone respects Halo 3 but if you actually learn it you realize that it is much deeper and better than it looks from the outside. Everyone starts with the same weapons and skills and the only thing separating you from your opponent in a BR Battle is raw skill. That's the way I like it!

tl;dr: CoD4 is better if you're a noob. Halo 3 is better if you want a challenge.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pause422

Uh....no. If you want a challenge play against veteran CS players of UT players..halo is pathetic compared to them in terms of a challenge, also to the fact that its on a console to begin with except the first halo. This is a topic of opinion whch everyone should know....so no one is right or wrong in saying what they prefer. I prefer Cod4 to halo 3 because halo has mostly stayed the same besides raping a few of its better features since the first game, where as Cod4 even if the gameplay pretty much remained untouched, going modern from WWII was a big change, as in all of the halo games you felt like you were going through the same places over and over again. Halo 3 on the other hand has the most aim assist I've ever seen in a game before its called 'auto-aim' which is a real turn off, you can't even disable it either which is rediculous.

Also, Spike and fanboys alike, don't bother quoting me and trying to properly 'correct' me, as I stated before, this is a topic based on opinion, just like 99% of every other topic, so these are my opinions, just like you have yours, only thing that isn't an opinion is that halo 3 has the craziest amount of aim-assist that makes the game too rediculously easy to aim.. to do good at that game, it isn't peoples aiming, its just people memorizing pickups and timing them etc...not the way a game should be. Like I said, if you want raw competiton, try CS or UT/Quake , get your ass handed to you, then go back to halo 3 and really see how easy you have it.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62  Edited By zyn

Personally, I like Halo 3 more than CoD4.

I like having vehicles in the fight and I like Halo 3's weaponry more than CoD4's.

Halo 3's Single Player isn't great but neither is CoD4's.

I played a couple of rounds in CoD4 multiplayer and, it just didn't interest me as much as Halo 3.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SpecTackle

Halo is one of the most bland FPS franchises ever. None of the 3 are even as good as CoD3, and CoD3 was terrible.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Bartiemus

when your playing by urself the online on cod4 is better but i u have a mate over halo 3 is better because u can do split screen online which a lot of games you cant do it in

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#65  Edited By wefwefasdf

Yes in my opinion.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pirate_republic

Halo is much more crazy and casual, COD4 is totally intense and hardcore. I switch between them, depending on my mood.
    They tie.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By DARKIDO07
    pause422 said:
    "Uh....no. If you want a challenge play against veteran CS players of UT players..halo is pathetic compared to them in terms of a challenge, also to the fact that its on a console to begin with except the first halo. This is a topic of opinion whch everyone should know....so no one is right or wrong in saying what they prefer. I prefer Cod4 to halo 3 because halo has mostly stayed the same besides raping a few of its better features since the first game, where as Cod4 even if the gameplay pretty much remained untouched, going modern from WWII was a big change, as in all of the halo games you felt like you were going through the same places over and over again. Halo 3 on the other hand has the most aim assist I've ever seen in a game before its called 'auto-aim' which is a real turn off, you can't even disable it either which is rediculous.

Also, Spike and fanboys alike, don't bother quoting me and trying to properly 'correct' me, as I stated before, this is a topic based on opinion, just like 99% of every other topic, so these are my opinions, just like you have yours, only thing that isn't an opinion is that halo 3 has the craziest amount of aim-assist that makes the game too rediculously easy to aim.. to do good at that game, it isn't peoples aiming, its just people memorizing pickups and timing them etc...not the way a game should be. Like I said, if you want raw competiton, try CS or UT/Quake , get your ass handed to you, then go back to halo 3 and really see how easy you have it."
    FACT: Call of Duty 4 has far more Auto Aim/Aim-Assist than Halo 3, there is so little auto-aim/assist in Halo 3.
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SpikeDelight
    pause422 said:
    "Uh....no. If you want a challenge play against veteran CS players of UT players..halo is pathetic compared to them in terms of a challenge, also to the fact that its on a console to begin with except the first halo. This is a topic of opinion whch everyone should know....so no one is right or wrong in saying what they prefer. I prefer Cod4 to halo 3 because halo has mostly stayed the same besides raping a few of its better features since the first game, where as Cod4 even if the gameplay pretty much remained untouched, going modern from WWII was a big change, as in all of the halo games you felt like you were going through the same places over and over again. Halo 3 on the other hand has the most aim assist I've ever seen in a game before its called 'auto-aim' which is a real turn off, you can't even disable it either which is rediculous.

Also, Spike and fanboys alike, don't bother quoting me and trying to properly 'correct' me, as I stated before, this is a topic based on opinion, just like 99% of every other topic, so these are my opinions, just like you have yours, only thing that isn't an opinion is that halo 3 has the craziest amount of aim-assist that makes the game too rediculously easy to aim.. to do good at that game, it isn't peoples aiming, its just people memorizing pickups and timing them etc...not the way a game should be. Like I said, if you want raw competiton, try CS or UT/Quake , get your ass handed to you, then go back to halo 3 and really see how easy you have it."
    Um, yeah you try to get a Four Shot consistently in Halo 3 and then report back here. Aim assist is hardly noticeable in Halo 3. Anyway, it's easier to kill a guy in CoD4 than in Halo 3 anyway, because it takes like 2 shots to do it.
    jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jrabbit99

I agree

marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By marbig

Halo 3 is terrific to play with friends, you can have four folks on your console playing with other you know online. CoD4 does not have that, and is more fun to play with just you, IMO.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By William

YES

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Milkman

The games are much too different to compare. Though, they are both great for different reasons.

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tmontana1004

Call Of Duty 4 is a complete rehash. You people must have never played games like BF2 to say that COD4 is a good game.

mr_korean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mr_korean

Prefer COD keeps me coming back while Halo gets a wee bit boring after a while

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think, once you reach a certain point of quality game design, you ought to be able to say "my preference is based entirely on my opinion." 

For that reason, I don't think these "Is X better than Y" threads are fair.  They just start flamewars.  Though, I'm quite proud of how civil the Giant Bomb forum has kept this discussion.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By clubsandwich

both are the same repetitive trash, I despise both of them.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PureRok

Call of Duty 4 is definitely better than Halo 3. Of course, I'm biased against anything Science Fiction. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the story (from the books, not necessarily the tiny one in the game), but I just prefer more realistic things to the floaty, laser gameplay of Halo.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By crunchUK

the funny thing is everyone who says halo is crap/overrated/generic/other is also terrible at it.

*cough*jayge*cough*pause422*cough*giyanks22* :P

you might not like halo but it has practically everything over cod4

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By xplodedd

different experience...
    halo is a lot more laid back then cod4

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Kazona

I personally prefer CoD 4, but I honestly think that comparing these two games is like comparing apples with oranges.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By crunchUK
    xplodedd said:
    "different experience...
    halo is a lot more laid back then cod4"
    other way round. mind you it depends on WHAT you're playing. like level 40s MLG, team doubles, lone wolves, SWAT are so unbelieveably tense whereas there's things like infection and rocket race which are just things whwre you can have a good laugh. variety like this is just another thing missing off cod4s list
    whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By whyzenheimer

I only play Halo single-player, or co-op with a friend.   I sign on and play COD as much as I play TF2, which is quite often.

Halo multiplayer has become the proving ground for kids who fail at life.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zebadee

COD4 on the pc is amazing.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By crunchUK
    MisoRonery said:
    "I only play Halo single-player, or co-op with a friend.   I sign on and play COD as much as I play TF2, which is quite often.

Halo multiplayer has become the proving ground for kids who fail at life."
    and cod is what all the COOL kids play amirite? ¬_¬
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#85  Edited By Vinchenzo

COD4 > Halo 3

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By guiseppe

Not even close. Not in single player, nor in multiplayer. Although, I guess you have to give something for the co-op inte Halo 3.

mg66368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mg66368

If you mean Call of Duty 4 single player is better than Halo 3? Then yes it is and Call of Duty 4 single-player is superiour to Halo 2 as well but I prefer Halo Combat Evolved campaign over Call of Duty 4 by a bit. However Call of Duty 4 rivals with the Halo series in terms of multi-player.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By xplodedd
    crunchUK said:
    "xplodedd said:
    "different experience...
    halo is a lot more laid back then cod4"
    other way round. mind you it depends on WHAT you're playing. like level 40s MLG, team doubles, lone wolves, SWAT are so unbelieveably tense whereas there's things like infection and rocket race which are just things whwre you can have a good laugh. variety like this is just another thing missing off cod4s list"
    true, but COD4 multiplayer on the PC is just so well done, it doesn't need variety...
    everyone likes it the way it is..
    and there are more people playing laid back halo then super serious, COD4 just seems like a more intensive game
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BigBoss1911

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK......................no

Cymatics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Cymatics

As a complete game? CoD 4 isent very good. As a pure multiplayer game, its excelent. Halo 3 is the better game tho. A lot more to do, more features. For MP, pure gameplay? I find them both to be good, with no clear winner.  CoD 4 is fun, but 40% of that fun is the ranking system, Its fun once, not as fun the 2nd time, and it continues. But anyways, both are really good games. But Halo 3 is much better as a complete package. IMO

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By crunchUK
    dartendaspartan said:
    "

I think Halo 3 is a much better and more well rounded experiences and this is why:
    - In Halo 3 the weapons are a lot more balanced meaning that it's easy for even newbies to get kills. In CoD you often get matched with people who are a higher level and have a better weapon, which brings me onto my next point.
    - In Halo 3 the matchmaking system is a billion times better than the one in CoD. 9/10 times in Halo the games go right down to the wire, in CoD it’s a different story.
    - Vehicles. CoD has no usable ones whatsoever.
    - As much as I enjoy the CoD campaign, Halo 3's campaign is longer and has vehicles, making it a better experience. Halo 3 also has a variety of types of encounter, in CoD you're generally at close range and only occasionally at long.
    - Halo 3 is the best playing FPS of all time, no buts and no excpetions. CoD is only so popular because of the iron sighting, infact if you think about it CoD gunplay isn't that amazing, even if it is fast paced and frenetic.
    - Forge; the variety of Custom games you can make with forge is infinite.
    - Save Films; someone say Machinima?
    - Halo 3 requires more skill. You may debate this as much as you like, but it does. For anyone who plays at a high level, e.g Commander or above, knows how important Battle Rifle control is and people might argue that sniping is difficult in CoD, but frankly, I think it's a lot more difficult in Halo (people move faster). CoD4 on the other hand requires very little skill or intelligence, there's no grenade deflecting, no equipment, little radar watching; knives kill in one hit, and you can kill a person with most weapons in about a half a second burst. This does make CoD easier to get into than Halo in some ways and the skill of players in Halo does sometimes work against newbies. But I say persevere.
    - Medals; possibly the best thing ever in a game; there's nothing better than hearing the announcer say "Overkill" (except when he says "Killtacular").
    - The map design in Halo trumps CoD4 significantly; CoD4 map design is pretty lazy I tend to think, with many of the maps being cut-off parts of the single player game, whilst doesn’t necessarily detract from the fun; in my opinion it adds to the balancing issues. In Halo 3, however all the maps are excellent and well crafted (even Isolation, especially Isolation). Any Halo player who hasn't downloaded the Legendary map pack do it now! Avalanche is possibly the best big map in Halo history and Ghost Town is surprisingly good. It goes without saying that I love Blackout. The maps that shipped are also pretty good. Guardian and Valhalla are probably the pick of the bunch. Other maps like the Pit and Construct are also pretty darn awesome, not to forget High Ground!

So there you go; there are my reasons for liking Halo more than CoD. That and the fact I've played through all the Halo games a Billion times. Most people playing Halo online right now are people who have played the prior games in the series and loved them and most people who play CoD haven't given Halo much of a chance. This whole rant or whatever you may call it doesn't mean I hate CoD. On the contrary I do still play CoD4 relatively often and have enjoyed almost all of its prequels; I just find the shooting so much more repetitive than Halo’s.

"
    *swish*

and you're all forgetting bungie actually LISTENS to the community. the MLG playlist, magnum secondaries, the team SWAT playlist, epitaph and snowbound without shield doors were all community ideas. as well as comparing stats
    shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By shotaro

Personally I prefer CoD 4 - never really enjoyed Halo

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#93  Edited By albedos_shadow

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By crunchUK
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zebadee
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By crunchUK
    Zebadee said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "albedos_shadow said:
    "ABSOLUTELY NOT."
    says the guy with the worst k/d ratio i have ever seen in halo 3
    http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=albedosshadow"
    Haha, I love how people have been using Halo 3 stat pages to insult people lately... it's pathetic."
    i'm not using it to insutl i'm just saying that if you have played a grand total of 10 games and haven't touched the campaign it's kinda obvious that you really can't judge halo and that you are just hating because you suck at it whereas in cod4 you can get satisfaction in losing because you gain exp anyway and unlock stuff whereas in halo you just... die alot and can't get anywhere being bad
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zebadee
    crunchUK said:
    "Zebadee said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "albedos_shadow said:
    "ABSOLUTELY NOT."
    says the guy with the worst k/d ratio i have ever seen in halo 3
    http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=albedosshadow"
    Haha, I love how people have been using Halo 3 stat pages to insult people lately... it's pathetic."
    i'm not using it to insutl i'm just saying that if you have played a grand total of 10 games and haven't touched the campaign it's kinda obvious that you really can't judge halo and that you are just hating because you suck at it whereas in cod4 you can get satisfaction in losing because you gain exp anyway and unlock stuff whereas in halo you just... die alot and can't get anywhere being bad"
    To be honest I think 10 games would be enough for someone to decide whether they like it or not, Halo 3 doesn't exactly have much depth, sure you got your map editor and things but if someone doesn't like the base gameplay then they won't care about something like that. You seem to assume that because someone isn't very good at something they don't enjoy it, I suck at Snooker but I still like playing it.
    By the way I'm not saying COD4 has more depth, it probably has less to be honest I just personally prefer it's gameplay.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Karmum

It is a matter of opinion, to be honest. I enjoyed both the singleplayer campaign of Call of Duty 4 and multiplayer aspects more than the Halo 3 SP and MP components.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PJ

No Halo is not better then COD4 since its 6 years older. But the MP in Halo 3 is better then in COD4. But the SP is 100time better in COD 4

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By crunchUK
    PJ said:
    "No Halo is not better then COD4 since its 6 years older. But the MP in Halo 3 is better then in COD4. But the SP is 100time better in COD 4"
    um halo 3 is like a month older than cod4? and if you really think that halo 3 plays anything like halo 1 then lawl you are rather far off

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.