Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

I think I'm hyperventilating that was so awesome!

• 107 results
    rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By rawrz

It being more Halo is fantastic to me. It seems nowadays every game copies and rips off Call of Duty so im happy to see Halo keeping its identity since its one of the few shooter franchises left actually still having one. Graphically Halo 4 looked fantastic and the forerunner enemies looked really cool.

emperordahc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By emperordahc

Looked like Metroid Prime and Lost Planet combined. :/

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By pweidman

It looked great. A whole new MC story, new world and some new enemies, all with upped graphics and models. Actually I was surprised there was so much new in that presentation(can't say gameplay, too scripted for the show), in terms of weapons and the 'promethians' I guess. I miss the Chief, and it's obvious 343 is going all out w/production values off the hook for Halo 4. Can't wait.

And yes big_john, I will not watch any more :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a
    deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaneDev: Nah more like the Protoss from Starcraft :s

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By breadfan

Shoot those aliens, yo!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By big_jon

@august said:

@yinstarrunner said:
    I'm just confused. I have no idea what was going on in that gameplay demo. Maybe I zoned out or something. Did they explain who the new enemies are?
    It's a bunch of Forerunner AI tech stuff. It was pretty obvious they were going to go in that direction with the name of this trilogy being The Forerunner Trilogy.

Reclaimer trilogy*

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

I like the new sound of the assault rifle.

That's what I thought too, never been a big fan of that gun but it sounded meaty as hell.

I thought it was overall a pretty kick ass demo, really liked what they showed. Wasn't really blown away by the Forerunner enemy design but they looked cool enough. Cortana going nutso is pretty cool, I liked that they started heading that direction in 3. Really interested to see more, Reach was a real damn good game but I missed MC.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By shiftymagician

I'll say that they are surprising me as I didn't think I would like anything from Halo 4 until I saw forerunner guns. They just looked awesome. Also Something about a giant menacing metal ball of technology going from still to real fast gets me every time.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By zeushbien

Graphically it certaintly looks a lot better, very nice animation, but then small stuff like the unchanged on-screen crosshair, seems kind of outdated at this point, I dunno.. As I said it's small stuff, but it might indicate an unwillingness to change because of bungie's legacy or something. I might be talking out of my ass, what do I know ;P.

Scodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Scodiac

Yeah, it's more Halo(obviously!) and that's a good thing. If you can't understand why people are excited by this then you're probably not a fan of Halo. Pretty simple.

I'm freaking pumped for this game. 343i really continues to show me that they're not just crapping out another Halo. They're truly putting effort into developing the universe and seem to be putting together one hell of a package. Loved the demo today and still I'm champing at the bit for more info. Yeah, it's familiar; it's Halo. They're definitely carrying the series forward well, though.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By McBEEF

I only played Halo 3 but that actually looked pretty badass, kinda excited for it now.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By theveej

@big_jon said:

@theveej said:

of course its more Halo...... its fucking Halo 4 emphasis on the Halo and the 4.

I thought it looked great, I thought reach was great, but fighting elites was getting old. So new enemies, better graphics and Cortana going crazy sounds awesome to me.

I do hope that there is a good explanation for fighting elites again, even in the trailer they said there was peace.

lol i know its the cool thing to hate on the major franchises, but I am thoroughly excited for this.

They are a crazy religious sect of the Elites, not on the side of he Arbiter.

werd, I thought it would be something like that. Hopefully there will be some good elites coming to their aid at some point (Arbiter being there would be pretty rad), that would be really cool and make the game more interesting

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I love me some Halo so I'm excited for this. Looks great.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cloneslayer

Looks sweet but I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed the covenant is back. Think of some new races. seriously.

edit: also having Cortana talking constantly does not sound fun, I'm sick of it by the end of the demo

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By murisan

I personally thought the orange skull on the Forerunner AI enemy was incredibly lame. Other than that, I'm interested in playing for the story, but I'm donezo with Halo multiplayer.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @big_jon said:

@yinstarrunner said:

I'm just confused. I have no idea what was going on in that gameplay demo. Maybe I zoned out or something. Did they explain who the new enemies are?

Forerunner defence AI's.

OK, thank you.  The only thing I could think about was Crysis 2, for some reason.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By Enigma777

Mmmmm, those sweet Forerunner guns!

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ExplodeMode

That enemy reminded me of the lightsaber robot from the starwars prequels. Sorry for reminding you of that things existence.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mbr2

What? Your life must be fucking boring as shit if that demo made you hyperventilate. The AI was fucking atrocious, the guns all acted pretty much the same (point at guy, draw line from you to him) and the quality of writing was that out of a kids cartoon.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By big_jon

@mbr2 said:

What? Your life must be fucking boring as shit if that demo made you hyperventilate. The AI was fucking atrocious, the guns all acted pretty much the same (point at guy, draw line from you to him) and the quality of writing was that out of a kids cartoon.

Hey guys, look, it's a douche in its natural habitat.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mbr2

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

Did I hit a nerve? You must be fucking blind not to see how bad that demo looked.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

if this was 2007 i would be right there with you,.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By big_jon

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

Did I hit a nerve? You must be fucking blind not to see how bad that demo looked.

No you're right, everyone should share your opinion on something you dip shit otherwise they're "blind", and that is why it got a huge applause and why 90% of the people who have posted in this thread were happy with what was shown.

It sure must be hard to be so enlightened.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By EXTomar

@masterpaperlink said:

if this was 2007 i would be right there with you,.

Something like that. It isn't that I won't enjoy another "very pretty shooter" but it is another "very pretty shooter".

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mbr2

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

No you're right, everyone should share your opinion on something you dip shit otherwise they're "blind", and that is why it got a huge applause and why 90% of the people who have posted in this thread were happy with what was shown.

Logic. You like Halo so one would think you'd be familiar with fanboyism. Also a big majority of those claps you hear at E3 where payed to be there.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#76  Edited By EpicBenjamin

Absolutely blown away by it, never been this excited for a game before. Though I never understood why people thought this game would be totally different. As someone in this thread pointed out earlier, It's called Halo 4, of course it's going to look and play like Halo.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By big_jon

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

Logic. You like Halo so one would think you'd be familiar with fanboyism. Also a big majority of those claps you hear at E3 where payed to be there.

You must be blind.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78  Edited By FengShuiGod

So basically they rebooted Halo and combined it with Bionicles.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mbr2

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

You must be blind.

:)

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NegativeCero

I missed the demo, I'll have to watch it later, but I'm sure it looks cool though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm excited. Halo fans unite against the oppression!

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also are those enemies the same as in ghosts of onyx?

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By FengShuiGod

@masterpaperlink said:

I'm pretty sure they are Bionicles.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By xyzygy

I really liked the live action stuff, but there was hardly any gameplay. What are you people talking about? There were just flashes of things at the end for maybe 20 seconds.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm not really into Halo.

Scodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#86  Edited By Scodiac

@masterpaperlink said:

Well the flying drones definitely are eh. I noticed them right away. They look exactly like they were described in Ghosts of Onyx. Attention to detail / staying true to the universe's fiction. 343i continues to impress me. They're on another shield world which is what Onyx was so it's all Forerunner tech defense AI.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By EXTomar

As any LEGO fan will attest is that Bionicles have too many custom pieces that don't work in any other set or even other Bionicles! Maybe Halo 4 should be more like Ninjago?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#89  Edited By csl316
    @theveej

@big_jon said:

@theveej said:

of course its more Halo...... its fucking Halo 4 emphasis on the Halo and the 4.

I thought it looked great, I thought reach was great, but fighting elites was getting old. So new enemies, better graphics and Cortana going crazy sounds awesome to me.

I do hope that there is a good explanation for fighting elites again, even in the trailer they said there was peace.

lol i know its the cool thing to hate on the major franchises, but I am thoroughly excited for this.

They are a crazy religious sect of the Elites, not on the side of he Arbiter.

werd, I thought it would be something like that. Hopefully there will be some good elites coming to their aid at some point (Arbiter being there would be pretty rad), that would be really cool and make the game more interesting

I think a lot of this is covered in the Glasslands novel. I'd gloss over a summary before playing this, I guess. I believe the Infinity ship is talked about, too.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

@big_jon said:

@mbr2 said:

Hey, I'd take a fanboy over a douchebag any day.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mano521

meh. not that excited about anything microsoft showed

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Vodun

More Halo looks like more Halo.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Redsox44

Sick of looks like Halo comments. This looks like a freaking amazing game. Better than what EA showed with Crysis 3 and that was definitely running on a PC.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By fjordson

Campaign demo looked fantastic to me. Haven't been this excited about Halo since before 3.

I love chatty Cortana. Her character and the interplay between her and the chief was one of the most interesting things about the first three games for me.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#95  Edited By samfo

i thought the gameplay demo looked very very good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NTM

Oh damn! When I saw this on G4 it wasn't as good really, 'cause it was a bit off, and people were talking over this. I really, really love how they're making Master Chief talk during the game. This looks amazing! :D Fuck, everything so far is so exciting.

goatmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By goatmilk

I imagine if I was 15 I'd have the biggest boner right now but I'm considerably older than that so meh.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Sarnecki

Halo Reach BLOWS THIS VIDEO AWAY. I'll obviously need to see more but not at all impressed. What looks so special about this? Explain it to me defenders. It looks like any other damn shooter.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By EXTomar

@Redsox44 said:

Sick of looks like Halo comments. This looks like a freaking amazing game. Better than what EA showed with Crysis 3 and that was definitely running on a PC.

...but it isn't untrue either to point out that it looks like a Halo game which isn't an insult. And what does it matter what Crysis 3 looks like to point out that this Halo game looks a lot like a Halo game.

Avatar image for deathmachine117
    Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Deathmachine117

As a sucker for good Sci-fi I enjoyed this immensely. The new planet, weapon redesigns, sound effects and enemies made me way more interested than I was. I just need to read up on the story and I will be ready.

What I dont get is why so many UNSC ships end up crash landing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.