Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

What Factions Weapons do you Prefer?

malakith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Through the Halo games I have always favored the UNSC weapons, even more so with the addition of the SMG with Halo 2, but since Halo 4 I have much prefered the Promethean weapons over all. They seem to feel slightly different then I remembered them in Halo 4 but playing through the campaign in Halo 5 I would grab the first Light Rifle and Suppressor that I could get my hands on and not look back. Anyone out there think the same or even like the Covenant weapons more, outside of the Carbine I don't like them very much.

-Malakith

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human guns are by far my favorite but I love the Plasma grenade.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ry_Ry

SMG & Plasma Pistol is such a great combo.

Overall I prefer human weapons though.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UNSC>>>>>>>Promethean>>Covenant

I enjoy just about every UNSC weapon save the submachine gun and find many of the Promethean ones fun, but the only Covenant weapons I've ever really liked are the Plasma rifles, Carbine, and Particle Beam Rifle, though it's hard to fuck up a sniper rifle.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up and through Halo 4, Human weapons all the way.

However, with Halo 5, I've found they have made some little to big changes on various weapons to change my ranking. The Storm Rifle destroys shields in PVP now, so I've found myself using that when I find it. Also they made the Promethean weapons way better. The Light rifle is a powerhouse, and the Suppressor is freaking amazing. They even made the Assault Rifle not horrible! I can't really say one faction is better then the others now, each one has a weapon type strength, compared to the others.

For my favorites, I'd probably go as follows:

Humans - Heavy Weapons. The Rocket Launcher is still king of explosives.

Covenant - Ranged Rifles. The Carbine in 5 is so god damned overpowered, in PVE and PVP

Promethean - Auto Rifles. The Suppressor and even the Bolt shot make for deadly, quick firing, spray and pray weapons.

I don't really like any of the shotguns currently, so I don't really rank those. I'm sure people who use them more have opinions on who has the best shotgun (and in my mind, Energy Sword is the Covenant's shotgun)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Carbine is still the best rifle, period. For everything else, I prefer human but there just isn't much ammo for human weapons in the campaign.

MaxMischi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MaxMischi3f

Human weapons, with no exceptions.

The covenant storm rifle and carbine are ok, but I'd still rather have a DMR or SMG in both cases.

I *hate* the promethean weapons, although the light rifle is ok. It's neat that the pistol and suppressor projectiles track a little, but doesn't really make up for not being hitscan. The grenades are fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like someone has yet to write a truly comprehensive history of the weapons across the Halo games. The Battle Rifles and DMRs of that universe continue to see changes from game to game while the Covenant Carbine remains this completely under-acknowledged world-killer. I mean, since Halo 2, it has either matched or surpassed both of the human precision rifles without much outward recognition.

Generally, I lean UNSC for my armaments. But, obviously, there's a use case for everything, especially in Halo 5. The Promethean weapons feel more significant this time around, including the Lightrifle, which has graduated from being a poor-man's DMR to full on power weapon status.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Human weapons are easily my favourite. Covenant's are garbage, and Promethean's are mostly garbage too. Sticky grenade is awesome.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

UNSC for most stuff, but the Carbine is nasty as shit this time around, so much so that it's considered a power weapon in Warzone. That thing will rip apart a battle rifle or DMR user no problem, I don't remember that being the case in the previous Halos, not that the Carbine was terrible in the previous ones, but it was no where near this good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.