Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Has 4GB slim coop been addressed?

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
    EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EndlessObsidian

Hey duders, I seem to remember a news story when Reach first came out about 4GB slim owners not being able to play coop due to "lack of a hard drive". I've been googling around but I fail to find any news on whether this issue has been addressed or fixed. Can anyone confirm the status of this? This will decide whether or not my friend will buy the game.

Thankssssssssssss.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

halo.xbox.com is where you will find all news on Halo and they recently stated that the game will be  patched to allow you to play online without a hard drive. That should fix the problem with not being able to play with the 4GB model. 

The quote button doesn't want to work right but here it is taken from the latest Halo bulletin:

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD. 

Soon those without an HDD will be able to experience all the Xbox LIVE features of Halo: Reach, including Co-op Campaign and Firefight. Bam, said the lady!  

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Not till the update in mid September.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

nope

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By ez123
    @big_jon: It says the update is targeted for October on Major Nelson.
    Avatar image for endlessobsidian
    EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EndlessObsidian

@ShaneDev said:

halo.xbox.com is where you will find all news on Halo and they recently stated that the game will be patched to allow you to play online without a hard drive. That should fix the problem with not being able to play with the 4GB model.

The quote button doesn't want to work right but here it is taken from the latest Halo bulletin:
    Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

Soon those without an HDD will be able to experience all the Xbox LIVE features of Halo: Reach, including Co-op Campaign and Firefight. Bam, said the lady!

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

You are a gentleman and a scholar. A million thanks!

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

They took ages to release this update, good job at supporting one of your flagship franchises MS. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

@ez123: Im just going by what 343 said at PAX.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Fosssil

@ez123: The update itself will be released later this month, but the Matchmaking playlists that take advantage of the new gametype options being added by the TU won't be added until October.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By jeff

@DonPixel said:

They took ages to release this update, good job at supporting one of your flagship franchises MS.

Notice that the update isn't happening until after 343 takes control from Bungie. I'd guess there was some amount of behind-the-scenes struggle involved.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Jeff said:

@DonPixel said:

Notice that the update isn't happening until after 343 takes control from Bungie. I'd guess there was some amount of behind-the-scenes struggle involved.

Dude. You should like... Work in the industry or something... You are like a knowledge wizard.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel

@Jeff said:

@DonPixel said:

I do raise eyebrown a balance hotfix would've ease the comunity, It's been a year of broken Armor Lock - not cool.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superfriend

As much as I like Reach.. Bungie and MS kinda dropped the ball on that game. I wouldn´t call any of the parts "broken" but a lot of little things should have been adressed in a title update.
    This didn´t happen (there were NO title updates at all for Reach).
    Compared to the massive support Halo 3 got after launch, this is a joke. 1 Real mappack and 1 "mappack" (who the hell wants ANOTHER firefight map?) and no updates at all..
    Almost a year later the game is still plagued with horrible framerate issues that make sniping on some maps.. lets just say "interesting". The campaign still bogs down to a snails pace in some spots. Forgeworld still has random framerate problems.
    Oh and the balancing- they should have at least done something to prevent armorlock-spam a long time ago (just add a cooldown and everything will be fine) 
    Don´t even get me started on the arena stuff or the unlock-progression (warrant officer DOES take too long, no matter what you say)

Bungie sure went to great lengths to piss MS and everybody else involved off. Guess it was some kind of re-retaliation for the stunt MS pulled at the planned ODST reveal?

And to the guy who still plays his 360 without a harddrive: You´re doing it wrong (And I hope you don´t plan on buying Skyrim)

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaneDev

The reason for this could be either MS never wanted people who bought the new Xbox and Reach to play online unless they also bought a new style hard drive for the console and not go with the cheaper 4GB model. Now that it's been a year maybe they see more sense in letting people play online without a hard drive because the hard drive sales have slowed and they want more people to pick up Halo Reach this year as well since Halo HD and Forza is all they have.  

On the other hand it was probably because Bungie were in charge of the running Halo and never spent the time figuring out how to make it work. It's much more likely since, like the poster above me said Bungie haven't done anything significant to Halo Reach at all. They picked out some community maps and that was about it. The DLC maps were all made by Certain Affinity or 343 themselves. I am glad that 343 are doing something even if I don't think there changes are all that great. At least they are finally doing something about Armour Lock which has been completely shit since the game came out, it's the most overpowered, game ruining piece of crap ever made.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.