Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Most satisfying AA use?

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wubb

In your opinion and/or experience what is the most satisfying use of an AA?  Jetpack ninja, duping an opp with a hologram and landing an assassination, shedding a plasma stick via armor lock... ?

For me:
    Hitting an enemy with a grenade stick and then armor locking when they try to give you a death hug.  

I've just recently started using armor lock more and there are lots of little things you can pull with that AA that are fun to do when they work out.   I generally go with either sprint or armor lock, but I'd like to play around with hologram and active camo more.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By zidane_24

Armor Lock has been my go-to in modes these days. I play split-screen more often than not, and a lot of our best team efforts come from me armor locking and distracting while my flatmate flanks 'em.  

Best kill to date is armor locking to blow up a ghost. The ghost was going full speed, and I armor locked right as I was about to get splattered, so it looked like I punched the ghost's hood and it went flying over my head. 

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sitoxity

Gotta be armor lock as well for me. Only because in one game of Invasion (or Big Team Battle on Spire) I killed around 5 Ghosts just with Armor Lock. Oh yeah, it was glorious. I wish I didn't keep forgetting to save these films.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wubb

I try to wait until the ghost is at ramming speed as most people are smart enough to not attempt to splatter you after you reveal that you have armor lock.  Too bad Warthogs and Revenants just glide over you, often not even flipping.  I've heard Revenants can sometimes smash against an armor locked player, but I've never had it happen.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By audiosnag

I armor lock smashed a Rev. It happened on hemmorage, was so awesome.
    It happened just as the match ended so it didn't count unfortunately but it was still awesome.

Reizarvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reizarvg

I'm going with blowing up Ghosts and Revenants with armour lock. So far I've racked up nearly 60 kills with. I think to destroy a Revenant it'll have to be damaged a bit already.

Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Kermity

Also gotta love going into armor lock, then popping out and pummeling the person who thought it would be a good idea to wait right behind you. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BraveToaster

I was surrounded and I armor locked while one of  my teammates lobbed a plasma grenade in my direction.  That was effective.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By FrankWeidner

Nothing about Alcoholics Anonymous is satisfying.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Fosssil

The correct answer is Evade. All of you who are answering "Armor Lock" are part of the problem.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By ReyGitano

Armor Lock has been the most helpful. Blocking grenades, negating damage, blowing up ghosts, locking and then going into a melee... yeah, Armor Lock is the way to go right now, especially when you go up against other people who use armor lock that really should be.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thejamster

definitely evade, sticking someone then diving away before the explode into bits feels so badass!  also, getting out of a vehicle and immediately evading to get away from a wraith mortar that's about to hit you is so much fun.  OH and dodging ghosts at the last second frustrates people so much!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Jetpack is awesome in Firefight.
    Can't tell ya how many times I saw Hunter/Sword wielding Elite go batshit and charge me and I could barely jetpack out of the way xD

I also enjoy the use of Sprint to catch up on fleeing opponents, camo to jam the opponents radar ( especially when they're camping in corners with power weapons ), Armor Lock to do many of the already mentioned above things and Evade is just awesome.

Saw a red dot appear on my radar suddenly behind me, I rolled backwards and instantly assassinated my would be assassinater...
    Fuck yeah!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.