Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Halo

James2327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By James2327

So how many of you gamers out there play any halo games? I have played them all so I want some feed back on what you all liked in this game series.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

The multiplayer mostly, I spent many a hour playing on the original Xbox, and it transitioned to the 360.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I like the singleplayer, played through Halo 2 maybe twelve times. 

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cdfishman

I'm a campaign fan aswell, I am not great at online multiplayer. 

I also liked farting around with forge a lot aswell though.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Damien

I never got into Halo as I only had a 360.  I couldn't grasp Halo 3 but I think I'm gonna be into Reach.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Short version:
    The first Halo had the best campaign. Halo 2 had the best multiplayer.

Long version:
     I only played the first Halo multiplayer with people I know, and very rarely, so I don't really count it.  Halo 2's multiplayer made Xbox Live as far as I'm concerned. I played the shit out of it, and loved it, glitches and all. I still remember the first game of Halo 2 I played on Xbox Live. Now, Halo 3's multiplayer is kinda fucked. I really hate what they did to the battle rifle. Leading shots is terrible, and saying that it takes more skill is just an excuse for bad gameplay. I seriously don't feel like I'm hitting anything with this gun, and it takes me several games to get used to every time I put Halo 3 in. Also melee doesn't feel as integral to the game as it was in Halo 2, but that's a minor point. I would be fine with it if the BR worked. ODST didn't have multiplayer, and firefight doesn't feel right because of button lag.

As I said the first Halo's campaign was the best. Everything felt right, and it was like playing the perfect dirty sci-fi world game. Even playing legendary was a lot of fun, because it wasn't cheap about it. Halo 2's campaign was pretty good, and I enjoyed driving warthogs in crazy places throughout the level, where you clearly weren't supposed to be driving. Brutes were annoying, definitely not as badass as elites. Although, the design they have for elites now feels sorta cartoony. They're still not quite getting what was good about elites in the first Halo. Halo 3 added online co-op,  but it didn't really work all that great. I hate button lag. 3's campaign was alright, but they could have done better. Most people agree that they should have explicitly told the story in those hidden data stations (forgot what they're called), instead of having you find them. And last, ODST was the worst. The characters were straight up annoying. Their animations were over the top at some moments. Nothing was subtle. It's the only Halo campaign I didn't complete on legendary, because I seriously didn't want to play it again. 

Reach:
    I guess I might be too traditional, but the armor abilities seem cheap. I don't really like them in multiplayer. I might come around later though. At least the new battle rifle feels right. I'm hitting exactly where I'm pointing, and can do so at range too. I can actually battle a sniper, and win with this gun. This also opens up the possibility for large maps again in multiplayer, which I really hope they do.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

halo

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @James2327: I have played and hate all but two, two was fun for a little bit, hell they all were fun (for a bit), bit 2 gave me the most enjoyment
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

I liked forge a lot, but I disliked the extremely slow run speed, it made multiplayer boring as hell. Campaign co-op was great too.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I playz ta Hal0z.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.