Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

If they were to ever make a film, should they base it off-

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

one of the books? I was thinking they never really make great movies off games, but a lot of the time, they do when it's off books, or at least it's good for those that haven't read the novels. I was thinking, this would also be a good way for those that haven't read any of the books to become familiar with the Halo universe in more detail, and more importantly, where John (Master Chief) came from. I mean, you can read a wiki if you're not that into reading the novels, but still, a film would be so much cooler. I'm not really sure if this would be a good idea, but I think if they were to ever make a film, a really great director should read a novel or two and make that into a film rather than start from Halo: Combat Evolved.

There's a lot to the Halo franchise that I think they could either make an entirely new story that fits perfectly into the Halo canon, or take one of the books and make that into a film. They could even go so far as to make six films like Star Wars, I know that doesn't sound great, but I think it could be. I was playing Reach last night, and just in the first stage there are a lot of waterfalls that instantly made me think of the Prometheus trailer. That’s random, I know, but it was something that small that sparked my imagination. I bet there are a lot of people out there that like the Halo universe, but don't care to go as far as reading the novels, though wouldn't mind going to see it presented in film format at the theaters. Anyways, I can go on and on about the potential of a great Halo film, but I'll stop here.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.