Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

My love affair with Halo

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Edited By tofford

When Halo CE was released my home console was a Gamecube and I never got to play that game unless I was round at a friends house. When Halo 2 was out me and many of my friends would meet up and play some CTF on Zanzibar all night long. The multiplayer was like nothing I had played before and it was really what got me into gaming. When the next generation of consoles came out I knew I needed to own the platform that would allow me to finish the fight and I was ready when it came out. I spent the weeks running up to the release of Halo 3 playing through the previous games and loving the storyline. Halo 3 was a slight disappointment at the time but I am still playing the multiplayer to this day. After ODST helping to keep me interested in the franchise I am excited on Tuesday to finally play Reach which in my eyes will always be the last proper Halo game. I never consider myself a fanboy but I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the finished product. Thoughts on Halo anyone?

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tofford

When Halo CE was released my home console was a Gamecube and I never got to play that game unless I was round at a friends house. When Halo 2 was out me and many of my friends would meet up and play some CTF on Zanzibar all night long. The multiplayer was like nothing I had played before and it was really what got me into gaming. When the next generation of consoles came out I knew I needed to own the platform that would allow me to finish the fight and I was ready when it came out. I spent the weeks running up to the release of Halo 3 playing through the previous games and loving the storyline. Halo 3 was a slight disappointment at the time but I am still playing the multiplayer to this day. After ODST helping to keep me interested in the franchise I am excited on Tuesday to finally play Reach which in my eyes will always be the last proper Halo game. I never consider myself a fanboy but I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the finished product. Thoughts on Halo anyone?

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bravetoaster

Would you be mad if you walked in on Halo and it was having sex with another person?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BigBoss1911

One of the most well made FPS of all time.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@BigBoss1911:

Halo CE, despite the copy-and-pasted levels, was a masterpiece. The combat, AI, open levels, and weapons reeked with flows and wonders that many shooters wished they had. It also had a story that was in comparison to a lot of great sci-fi novels like Larry Nylund's Ring World.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.