Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

No offense

tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By tydro456

no offense to any Sony fanboys (I like the PS3 just as much matter of fact I play it almost as much as my xbox, xbox has better online services!) but bungie better not bring halo to any other consoles other than xbox it would just feel wrong and out of place with this Activision merger/whatever! I think there new IP also better be good because unless its a RTS I am buying it!

tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tydro456

no offense to any Sony fanboys (I like the PS3 just as much matter of fact I play it almost as much as my xbox, xbox has better online services!) but bungie better not bring halo to any other consoles other than xbox it would just feel wrong and out of place with this Activision merger/whatever! I think there new IP also better be good because unless its a RTS I am buying it!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

Microsoft owns the Halo IP, not Bungie.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sopranosfan

I am pretty sure even after the Bungie breakup that Microsoft has the rights to Halo and that another company will work on Halo and Bungie will be working on a new IP.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By zombie2011

MS owns Halo not Bungie.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By august

Halo will be on PS3 around the time Mario Galaxy 2 is.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't 343 industries take up the mantle? 

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crono11
    @CitizenKane said:
    " Microsoft owned the Halo IP, not Bungie. "
    This. So you don't have to worry about it.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Three0neFive

no offense to any Sony fanboys

Attempt to get people riled up by using the word "fanboy"

(I like the PS3 just as much matter of fact I play it almost as much as my xbox, xbox has better online services!) 

Trying to deter people from calling you out on your BS

but bungie better not bring halo to any other consoles other than xbox it would just feel wrong and out of place with this Activision merger/whatever!

Subject/main detail

I think there new IP also better be good because unless its a RTS I am buying it!

Unnecessary details to conceal post as legitimate

Overall 2/10, could use a less generic formula.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By august
    @masterpaperlink: Yep.
    tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tydro456

I know Microsoft owns the Halo name but they don't own Bungie's games so what I am saying is I am sure there is a loop hole they could find or something such as royalties Bungie could give to Microsoft . By the way I am not a professional journalist and this was not trying to make people get offended! Obviously the subject or name of the article is "No Offense" for a reason!

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sopranosfan
    @tydro456 said:
    " I know Microsoft owns the Halo name but they don't own Bungie's games so what I am saying is I am sure they is a loop hole they could find or something such as royalties Bungie could give to Microsoft . "
    Nope the only thing they could do is make another shooter with the feel of Halo but I guarantee if it gets close to Halo at all they will be sued.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm betting activision wants bungie to take another look at old franchises like marathon or myth.

I'd love to see a new myth game.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By august
    @tydro456: They owned Bungie until recently and they own everything Bungie has created from Halo 1 - Reach. The publisher owns the ip about 95% of the time, because they have all the power and all the money. It's a minor miracle that they let Bungie buy their independence back. Usually they just run studios into the ground until the people who founded it and made it good up and leave, then when the studio stops producing hits they close it down.

The only developer who owns their own ip I can think of off the top of my head is Valve.
    Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Dogma

What are you talking about? First of all you clearly stated that "  but bungie better not bring halo to any other consoles other than xbox". Then how can you say afterwards that you know that Microsoft owns the Halo IP? That sounds like backpeddeling to me. 

And second. Do you even know what royalites mean? How can Bungie give royalties to Microsoft for something they don't own?

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emkeighcameron

Periods. They're helpful, look them up.

Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jikla

Halo for other platforms than xbox? I would love some Halo for my DS liek metroid hunterz style omfg lulz! But I don't care that Halo is an xbox exclusive since I got an xbox 360 as well as an ps3. 

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Three0neFive said:
    "

no offense to any Sony fanboys

Attempt to get people riled up by using the word "fanboy"

(I like the PS3 just as much matter of fact I play it almost as much as my xbox, xbox has better online services!) 

Trying to deter people from calling you out on your BS

but bungie better not bring halo to any other consoles other than xbox it would just feel wrong and out of place with this Activision merger/whatever!

Subject/main detail

I think there new IP also better be good because unless its a RTS I am buying it!

Unnecessary details to conceal post as legitimate  Overall 2/10, could use a less generic formula. "
    Yep.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brunchies

MS owns Halo so your entire argument is moot.

tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tydro456
    @Dogma:  do you normally reply to ecerything you see offended if the first thing you see is no offense?
    Oh and obviously Bungie would give money to Microsoft for the use of there game's name so quick answer I know what a royalty is!
    I was just speaking my mind, as I have said not a professional writer or journalist, and I was not trying to be proper with grammar or punctuation marks OK!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why people want exclusives to consoles. The more multiplatform games the better.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ryanwho

Dumb opinion. No offense.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jasonofindy
    @masterpaperlink said:
    "

Doesn't 343 industries take up the mantle? 

"
    Yep.  However, does anyone know if 343 industries plans on building up an actual development studio?  My impression is that they are simply a planning/marketing/IP holding entity that Microsoft created to grow and use the Halo brand.  I had assumed that the plan is to subcontract actual game development to other studios.   
    Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jasonofindy
    @TripMasterMunky said:
    " I don't see why people want exclusives to consoles. The more multiplatform games the better. "  

I want exclusives because they give developers the ability to code the games in such a manner that they take complete advantage of the quirks and capabilities of the hardware usually leading to a much more optimized game.  Multiplatform development often involves compromises or the use of suboptimal middleware to ease the cross platform development process.  I don't particularly care which platforms have more exclusives as I own all three, but exclusive games usually are among the best on each system.    

At the same time I can't blame 3rd party studios for wanting to recoup their costs by developing and releasing multiplatform.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @TripMasterMunky said:
    " I don't see why people want exclusives to consoles. The more multiplatform games the better. "
    Not really.  Exclusivity means competition.  Competition means better games.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sanryd
    @tydro456 said:

" I was not trying to be proper with grammar or punctuation marks OK! "

Yeah, but they make it easier on the eyes. Maybe you should get into the habit.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter

Bungie's new activison game will 100% be on both consoles maybe even WII 

tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tydro456

People I know this is an exciting blog and all! but you guys need to read my forum topic under general discussion about Alan wake and a ghetto women please!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @TripMasterMunky said:

My thoughts exactly.

@MAN_FLANNEL:  How  does the exclusivity of a certain franchise to a particular console promote competition between 3rd party game developers?
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By Bennyishere

@tydro456 said:

" I know Microsoft owns the Halo name but they don't own Bungie's games so what I am saying is I am sure there is a loop hole they could find or something such as royalties Bungie could give to Microsoft . By the way I am not a professional journalist and this was not trying to make people get offended! Obviously the subject or name of the article is "No Offense" for a reason! "

It's like you knew that I hate the phrase "no offense" and just wanted to annoy the fuck out of me. Well, mission accomplished! Writing "No offense" is one of the most conceited things you can do, since you assume that people actually care enough or value your opinion highly enough that they become offended. I don't even have anything to say to your actual post, you didn't actually post any arguments for your view.

Oh, this thread is two weeks old too? I could have missed this thread entirely without that last bump, but now I have to go to bed seriously pissed off.
    tydro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tydro456

Oh well thanks everyone who posted there opinions, i respect them but you still shouldn't talk shit on something you don't really have to reply to! Get a life and stop trolling. By the way the oh so funny joke about me not spelling correctly is out of place for one I use firefox and that has spelling correction by default so learn to read because I know, I know how to spell!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.