Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Things that I love about Halo

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By nohthink

I'm not a big Halo guy. I acknowledge the fact that game has revolutionized the console shooting, multiplay component, blah blah blah. 
    I get it. But truth be told, I never was really good at Halo and I did not enjoy being called gay or any other things by a 12 years old kid.  
    As a matter of fact, you may even call me a  "Halo hater." I'm not gonna try to convince you that I am not. 
    But despite my dislikes toward the Halo series(or Halo fanboys), there are a couple of things that I love about the Halo series.  

1. Story 
    Even though it is a simple story(a tail of a last survived hero saves everything type of story), I like the story because of its simplicity. Yes, it follows a set formula but there is a reason why this kind of formula works; it is easy to understand. I'm a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid series but you know what? Not every game needs to be complicated as hell. I also like the one dimensional character of Master Chief. Again, not too complicated but it is enough to drive the story. I like the struggles that Master Chief goes through and the dynamic between him and Cortana.  A simple sci-fi, and the great ending on Halo 3. And the story of Reach. I love it. I only play single play of Halo. That's how much I love Halo's story.

2. Soundtracks. 
    Well... to be exact, just one soundtrack that I love, which is called "Luck." It's that one piano part that always gets me. I think it is one of the most frequently used soundtracks because it seems like they play this soundtrack in every single trailer. Which brings up my next favorite thing about the Halo series, which is.... 

3. Trailers. 
    I think Halo has some good trailers. They're not the best trailers I have seen but they always get me excited. Maybe because I just love that one soundtrack a lot... But whatever. I actually did not like the "live action" trailers that they started doing in ODST, which why I was I did not really play it. But I love the Reach trailer. Here are my favorite Halo trailers. 

Starry Night

Well... this is not really a trailer per se, but I remember Microsoft using this as a promotion. It's Halo 3 intro but whatever, I still like it(purely because of the soundtrack...) 

And last but not least, the live action Reach trailer. The only live action trailer that I like. 

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nohthink

I'm not a big Halo guy. I acknowledge the fact that game has revolutionized the console shooting, multiplay component, blah blah blah. 
    I get it. But truth be told, I never was really good at Halo and I did not enjoy being called gay or any other things by a 12 years old kid.  
    As a matter of fact, you may even call me a  "Halo hater." I'm not gonna try to convince you that I am not. 
    But despite my dislikes toward the Halo series(or Halo fanboys), there are a couple of things that I love about the Halo series.  

1. Story 
    Even though it is a simple story(a tail of a last survived hero saves everything type of story), I like the story because of its simplicity. Yes, it follows a set formula but there is a reason why this kind of formula works; it is easy to understand. I'm a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid series but you know what? Not every game needs to be complicated as hell. I also like the one dimensional character of Master Chief. Again, not too complicated but it is enough to drive the story. I like the struggles that Master Chief goes through and the dynamic between him and Cortana.  A simple sci-fi, and the great ending on Halo 3. And the story of Reach. I love it. I only play single play of Halo. That's how much I love Halo's story.

2. Soundtracks. 
    Well... to be exact, just one soundtrack that I love, which is called "Luck." It's that one piano part that always gets me. I think it is one of the most frequently used soundtracks because it seems like they play this soundtrack in every single trailer. Which brings up my next favorite thing about the Halo series, which is.... 

3. Trailers. 
    I think Halo has some good trailers. They're not the best trailers I have seen but they always get me excited. Maybe because I just love that one soundtrack a lot... But whatever. I actually did not like the "live action" trailers that they started doing in ODST, which why I was I did not really play it. But I love the Reach trailer. Here are my favorite Halo trailers. 

Starry Night

Well... this is not really a trailer per se, but I remember Microsoft using this as a promotion. It's Halo 3 intro but whatever, I still like it(purely because of the soundtrack...) 

And last but not least, the live action Reach trailer. The only live action trailer that I like. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

You almost sound ashamed to like Halo. Fuck that shit. Nice write up, but be proud.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nohthink
    @Claude: lol I actually did not mean that way. I guess my intention was somewhat misguided.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

Damn I loved that starry night trailer. I remember rewatching it to get pumped for that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.