Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Quesadilla Burger?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

At Applebees i had a Quesadilla burger, basically a standard burger with 2 tortillas on the top and bottom rather then a bun. Does it Count as a Hamburger?

And If it is a hamburger, can it also be classified as a sandwich or is that going too far?

Because if it is a sandwich then that would mean Tacos or fajitas are also sandwiches because they contain similar ingredients! If Hamburgers are also Sandwiches then Taco Bell is a "Burger Joint" like McDonalds and Burger  king! Madness

P.S. Im sorry if my logic got jumbled ill fix it if it's wrong

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I've actually had that and I enjoyed it, but I thought they could have cut the meat pattie in half.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By maxszy

That sounds rather interesting.

Not sure I would specify a hamburger as a sandwich. Perhaps technically. But, I would never call it such. But perhaps you could stretch your logic that far :-p

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    auspiciousqueue said:
    "I've actually had that and I enjoyed it, but I thought they could have cut the meat pattie in half."

Same here.  I tried one at Applebee's and enjoyed it, but it was a bit messy as a full burger patty.  I make 'em at home now on a Foreman.  All you've gotta do is grill a burger, throw on some cheese and toppings (I like a ton of cheddar on both sides of the burger so the tortillas stick to each other), and then grill it between the tortillas.  With some bleu cheese or ranch to dip it in, it's really good and pretty light for a burger.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikemcn

It is delicious and i could make them at home......  Thanks Sparky

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

No problem!  You can also do variations of this with things like lunchmeat, turkey, and ham.  Like, last night, I basically made a turkey cheese wrap with thousand island dressing mixed in with the cheese.  It was really good, and if you can fold a burrito decently (hint - warm up the tortillas in a microwave for 20 seconds before you try), you can keep them sealed and relatively unmessy.

The absolute best is when you use both a crockpot and a Foreman.  If you put in a boneless skinless chicken breast into a crockpot full of water on Low for about six to eight hours (really depends on the pot), and then shred or chop up the meat and put it into a wrap or quesadilla, I guarantee the meat will be moist and delicious while the shell and cheese will turn out slightly crunchy and all sorts of delicious.  You can also toss in some chopped onion and green pepper into the crockpot too for additional wrap fillings.  It's so good.

I also really love making quesadilla variations.  I like to fill them with hot sauce or salsa, or sometimes fill them with pizza toppings and a little bit of tomato sauce.  They're incredibly messy, but they are seriously some of the most delicious dinners I've ever made.  Foreman grills are all sorts of awesome.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sounds either tasty or nauseating. I need to try it.

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Not_Rage

I consider it a sandwich. A tortilla is basically a type of bread.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MrPerfect

I have been wanting to try that for a while now, Im going to go check it out that the next time I go.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikemcn

You will not regret it!

Seanakin66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Seanakin66

This has to be my favorite item at Crapplebee's, and I must say, I've never had one that wasn't cut in half.  Which is good, since they're quite messy to begin with.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By MeatSim

Yea I have had this at Applebees a couple times it's not bad but I don't know what the hell to classify it as either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.