Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatred

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 01, 2015

A controversial, dual-joystick shooter from Polish developer, Destructive Creations.

anyone want to actually play this?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I think im willing to give it a try as long as there are actual enemies that fight back.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If it's going to come to consoles (which, given the subject matter I'm doubting), and it plays well enough I might, actually. I'd be up for it. I wouldn't spend $20 on it though, maybe $10 at the most.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nah, I'm cool.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hero_swe

Sure, if you buy it for me I'll gladly play it. I enjoyed Postal 1 so I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy this.

Now even if I had money I'm not sure I'd spend it first on this game.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not in the slightest.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd play it. I don't know if I'd like it. My unconscious morals mind get in the way by the end of it but I won't morally disregard it initially.

I wonder if they decide to apply some positive message to it all at some point. That's all that people seem to need to enjoy, gameplay wise, something like this.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I respect it's right to exist, but nope. Not at all.

facktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, that trailer really creeped me out. I'm glad its allowed to exist, and I'm allowed to stay the fuck away from it.

flamingsombr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too precious it a whirl out of curiosity, doubt it would hold my interest for more than half an hour though, if that. Looks like the developers are going to try and fan the controversy flames to raise its profile ala "Hooligans" all those years ago.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

I'm not opposed to trying it out, no. Probably wouldn't want to pay more than a fiver for it, though. As it is it looks rather... simplistic.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like stupid, juvenile garbage. So no.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. That trailer left a very rotten and very wrong feeling in my guts.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can exist and I respect that even if I think it's gross that it does. And I'll probably end up playing it eventually cause I like playing new games regardless of quality or subject matter. (whether I'll go about procuring the game in a manner that gives these guys money remains to be seen).

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. Because I don't want to pretend to murder civilians. Don't care if it's "Art" or not. If Picasso painted a portrait of someone massacring innocent people, I wouldn't look at that willingly either.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would if it ends up being something other than what the trailer and developers have said it is. Who knows? Maybe these guys are secretly subversive, Kaufman types that are actually making a meta-commentary on reactive media and an overtly violent culture.

I mean, it's totally not going to be that, but I'd play it if it were.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might play it. All the destruction in the trailer looks pretty cool and they're making a big point about it, so that looks interesting. Also interested to see if it keeps the same tone from the trailer throughout. But the dev's track records don't look so good as far as games go, so I'm not sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not one bit.

flamingsombr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By flamingsombr

Maybe someone could release a mod to give everyone a Nazi hat.

doltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a guy who got a stomach ache part of the way through "No Russian" I don't think so...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I want to play this game and then write about it since gaming "journalists" seem to want to ignore it out of dislike of what it seems to be instead of being curious what it's intent and purpose is and then discussing it's merits.

Whether or not this brings attention to a horrible game is not something that should be concerned with when it comes to discussing stuff like this. It should still be discussed and to do that you have to play it first.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like someone in the other thread mentioned, there aren't really a lot of games with mundane, everyday settings. so it got that going for it, until you get to the part where you're a mass-murdering psychopath. So no, probably not. Unless they at least in theory allow you to get through the game without killing anyone like in postal 2. So maybe yes if it's basically an open carry simulator?!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

Sure why not. You're not automatically a scumbag or something for playing the game. I've never been grossed out by ethics, or the lack thereof, in videogames - but maybe I'm just a sociopath.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like the edgiest and most pretentious game ever, so no. They just seem to being trying to stir up shit to cover up the fact the game probably will be garbage.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I have no desire to play a game where you just run around murdering civilians.

I have no real problem with violence in games, I play and enjoy games like GTA, Call of Duty, Hotline Miami, etc. However, I cannot get behind the idea of just playing some crazy, piece of shit dude that just wants to kill innocent people.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind that it exists, but as a game it looks laughably terrible.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hell no.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Nope don't think I wil play this, but then I think the developers don't really care wether people play it or not. They've already reached their goal, which was to make people talk about their game. In some weird way this almost sounds like a game that was made to be brought up in the video games are bad discussion, that pops up every once in a while.

Since I'm not really in the mood to watch the trailer, maybe someone could answer this question: What's the goal of this 'game'? How do you advance? What's the challenge?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cornbredx

@mx: It is legitimately horrifying to watch- especially in the context of the fact that this is the person you will be playing.

The trailer is a teaser and solely appears to be created for easy controversy. The teaser itself shows no merit which is why so many are quick to write it off as "not worthy of discussion", but I would counter that this makes it more so worthy of discussion.

It shows a man in a trench coat preparing a lot of weapons. Man steps out of his home and then begins to massacre civilians (and cops). That is literally all it shows.

It is legitimately horrifying to watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would probably be put on some list on some underground server somewhere if you buy the game #FollowTheMoney

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By development

I really want to play it just to satisfy my curiosity. Is there a hidden theme? Is it really that horrid or is there an attempt at satire? I have found I really can't trust people to answer that for me, so I wanna try it out myself. The problem, though, is that if it truly is just horrid then I'd feel like a total scumbag giving them money for it.

I remember getting legitimately sick to my stomach playing Postal, which was ostensibly a comedy game (not because of the violence, but because it all felt so... awful, from the voice-work to the "comedy"), so I'd like to see how it compares.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Postal when I was a teenager. I'd play this if I was still a teenager.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, and I don't get why so many people are prefacing their "no" with the fact that they believe it has a right to exist. I haven't actually seen anyone say that the studio should be immediately shut down or anything. If the rest of the game has the same stupid, angsty writing as the trailer, I might watch a video of someone playing it though.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for murder, but that game doesn't look like it will play very well.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Killerfridge

No! It just looks dumb and that trailer made me queasy. I'm all for dumb violence in video games, but playing as a psychopath who's only goal is to kill innocent people is just going a bit too far. I get that that's their intention, but it doesn't mean I want to play it.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BluPotato

The whole '2 angsty 4 u' feel of it really turns me off to it. At any given moment I expected the guy to start shitting bats and crying blood.

At least Hotline Miami had style.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RonGalaxy

No. I'm not against ultra violent games (hotline Miami is fucking awesome), but this sounds... Misguided.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides all the gross stuff about the theme/story, I just don't think the gameplay even looks that interesting.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If I find it in front of me, I'll play it. I'll gladly follow coverage of it, though, and read the inevitable discussions that come up surrounding it.

It just feels wrong to spend any money on a game where the protagonist's stated goal is to murder as many innocents as possible, innocents that are also begging for their lives and crying to be spared. In games like GTA or even Hotline Miami, the player character themselves never takes pleasure in murdering innocents, and if they do, it's to create uneasiness in the player. This game has none of that. It's just gross.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fleabeard

It the game plays well, sure why not. I've played through worse games.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No. I love me some violence in all forms of media, but this is just fucking lazy and lame and helps bring us down as a species.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbradley1992: are you making a very clever joke or do you not know the subject matter of Picasso's Guernica?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hayt: Been waiting for someone to catch it for hours.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can do pretty much everything in this game that you can do in any openworld game, I think the fact that the focus on the game is the massacre is the most jarring. Has anyone here seriously not gone on a gta killing spree?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
    deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spyder335: We all have done that. And many of us have played postal. I dunno, after watching the trailer I feel like there's no way in hell they're taking themselves seriously. But even so, it's really gross. I've been struggling all day about if I would ever actually play it.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

I have no future intentions of shooting up a high school, so I think I'll pass.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made me want a Warhammer version, because everything is super brutal about that universe.

But nah, I've never been much of a twin-stick shooter person and this kinda seems like it would get boring. It's not like GTA forces it on you - you can always do other things. Like jump and ragdoll into buildings, trees, fences, pools...or do sick stunts on vehicles.

...I just realized I haven't biked around the map in GTAV. Always meant to do that. I did walk up Mount Chilliad as my first action in GTAO.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

I'll say exactly what I said in the other thread.

As someone who cops to having what most would consider pretty uh, I guess juvenile tastes, I gotta say this looks like it could be some dumb fun in my book.
    I can see why average Joe would find it objectionable, the same way I understood why they found Manhunt or Postal and other similarly controversial games objectionable.
    But won't stop me from playing it, also probably liking it to some degree and I'm sure there's a niche group of others of a similar mindset that'll get a kick out of it.

There's an audience for everything.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It just feels wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't look like a good game. I'm not going to play a game that doesn't look fun just because it's controversial (or trying to be). Unless they show some decent looking gameplay, I'm not going to waste my time. The game will get a lot of press for being offensive, and probably be profitable.

I'm not personally offended by this (it's Postal without the bad attempts a humor). I just want to play fun games. This doesn't look like a good game. That's where I stop thinking about it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: That's what they want you to think. Really this is a government ploy to pick out the freaks and wierdos. As soon as you install this game it'll phone home and the FBI will swarm your house!!

Follow the money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.