Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Cards you think are unbalanced?

• 109 results
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Is there really any point to Far Sight? It feels like Innervate, except there's a tradeoff of "it randomly decides which card you have to play, whereas Innervate can be spent on something of your choosing", and "Far Sight draws a card for you meaning it doesn't shrink your hand size, whereas Innervate + expensive creature or spell means you're down 2 cards for 1 effect".

Potentially it means you could play out like, an early game Fire Elemental or something, or you could combo it with Violet Teacher or Gadgetzan Auctioneer or something if the Far Sight happens to draw you a spell that gets cheaper, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone play it. I don't know how you buff Far Sight, because if it lowers the mana cost more than the price of Far Sight itself, that's a little too good.

Also, while we're talking Shaman, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone use Doomhammer in Constructed, for whatever reason. It doesn't seem that bad, though obviously it's not ideal for taking on bigger, late-game creatures. Prime target for Acidic Swamp Ooze, I guess, since it takes so long to use up its durability.

Doomhammer with Spiteful is pretty terrifying.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By OldManLight

Don't know about the rest of you guys but i say eff this guy and anyone who has them in their deck. lost too many games to it.

No Caption Provided

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Shadowstep seems OP to me. I used to think Miracle Rogue was beautiful, but now that I know how to play it, it just seems broken. Returning a minion to your hand at zero cost AND having the ability to replay it for 2 less mana is insane.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#104  Edited By StarvingGamer

Is there really any point to Far Sight? It feels like Innervate, except there's a tradeoff of "it randomly decides which card you have to play, whereas Innervate can be spent on something of your choosing", and "Far Sight draws a card for you meaning it doesn't shrink your hand size, whereas Innervate + expensive creature or spell means you're down 2 cards for 1 effect".

Potentially it means you could play out like, an early game Fire Elemental or something, or you could combo it with Violet Teacher or Gadgetzan Auctioneer or something if the Far Sight happens to draw you a spell that gets cheaper, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone play it. I don't know how you buff Far Sight, because if it lowers the mana cost more than the price of Far Sight itself, that's a little too good.

If you get really lucky you could set yourself up for a turn ten Rag > Faceless Manipulator combo

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0v3rt: Leeroy is OP, shadowstep is not.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By C0V3RT

@fredchuckdave: Nah, I think he's fine. 6/2 for 4 mana gives you insane value for the stats you get, but is designed as a finisher. Compare it to an Argent Commander that's likely giving you an 8/4 at minimum for 6.

The whole Miracle Rogue deck is broken and Shadowstep is just the catalyst. I'd be willing to bet that six months from now, we'll all laugh and say, "Hey guys, remember when Shadowstep was free?"

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@fredchuckdave: Leeroy is basically a Fire Ball (deal 6 damage) since the two 1.1s can kill it. He can be buffed but so can the Fire Ball with Spell Power. He's blocked by taunts which the Fire Ball isn't. Sure he's good if you can kill the two whelps, but 2 damage isn't hard to do. And if you kill a creature with him, he's basically a polymorph that leaves two 1.1 whelps (if you use a hero power to kill off one of the 1.1s then it would be the same as a 6-cost polymorph).

So I just think of him as a Neutral Fire Ball.

I don't think he's OP (but I still find him, and Fire Ball, annoying sometimes; especially if they are drawn to win the game - though those decks usually have a bunch of cards that would win anyway).

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BisonHero

@dixavd said:

@fredchuckdave: Leeroy is basically a Fire Ball (deal 6 damage) since the two 1.1s can kill it. He can be buffed but so can the Fire Ball with Spell Power. He's blocked by taunts which the Fire Ball isn't. Sure he's good if you can kill the two whelps, but 2 damage isn't hard to do. And if you kill a creature with him, he's basically a polymorph that leaves two 1.1 whelps (if you use a hero power to kill off one of the 1.1s then it would be the same as a 6-cost polymorph).

So I just think of him as a Neutral Fire Ball.

I don't think he's OP (but I still find him, and Fire Ball, annoying sometimes; especially if they are drawn to win the game - though those decks usually have a bunch of cards that would win anyway).

Leerpy's not OP, but he warps the meta in that literally every aggro deck plays him to stay relevant, no questions asked, which I think is kinda an issue. No CCG is perfectly balanced, but if a card is so good it's not even debatable that you would include it in your deck, sometimes that card gets rebalanced. See also Ragnaros, who fits in basically any deck and is almost a guaranteed two for one, or three for one if your opponent doesn't have a very large creature or the one kill card (Shadow Word: Death, Deadly Shot, Siphon Soul, etc.) that can deal with him.

I mean, Nat Pagle didn't guarantee you a win, but if your first turn was Coin into Nat Pagle, it was fucking stupid, because it's guaranteed a couple turns before you can get rid of him unless you immediately Ironbeak Owl him or something. He was often a zero mana Arcane Intellect. So they nerfed him a little, and he's still perfectly playable, but the card draws are delayed slightly.

The real issue might be that so many of the Legendaries are too gimmicky to be worth playing, so you just see Ragnaros, Leeroy, Ysera, Nat Pagle, Sylvanas, and a couple others over and over and over. Makes the good Legendaries seem more annoying than they really are.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@dixavd: Fireball is one of the best cards in the game period; outclassing literally every other damage spell by a wide margin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.