Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Cinematic Trailer

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

A new trailer for Hitman: Absolution was released earlier today. I'm not sure what Victoria's connection is to Diana, though my best guess is that she is her daughter. The game's main plot does seem to be taking some inspiration from The Professional.

For anyone wondering, the song used is Roadgame by Kavinsky. You probably know him from his song Nightcall in Drive

On the topic of music does anyone know who is doing the score for Absolution?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Lookin' good! This is the last game left on my shopping list for this year that I'm incredibly excited about. AC3 and Far Cry 3 are up there, too. But Absolution is speeding ahead of both.

Also thank you for reminding me that I really need to give Drive another watch.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Genkkaku

Okay was gonna say that's a Drive ass sounding song.. It came across as wierd for me, it's an awesome trailer but seem to evoke something not so Hitman..

I want to say Jesper Kyd, but that's probably not true..

@Yummylee said:

Lookin' good! This is the last game left on my shopping list for this year that I'm incredibly excited about. AC3 and Far Cry 3 are up there, too. But Absolution is speeding ahead of both.

Also thank you for reminding me that I really need to give Drive another watch.

From this trailer, and Hotline Miami are just telling me to watch Drive again..

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By kimbokasteniv

On the main game page the composers listed are Peter Peter, and Peter Kyed--don't know if they have a record with previous games. Honestly, kind of bummed its not Jesper Kyd.

As for the story, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the girl is Diana's daughter but is also 47's. She used his DNA or some bull crap, thus its his kid...and this girl is supposed to be 47's absolution--not the act of saving her, but her actual self--the only good thing to come from him.

But I haven't really payed that close attention to the hitman story, so whatever.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

@dudeglove: That's kind of a bummer I really like his stuff, except the Crysis soundtrack I don't think that holds up very well as just a soundtrack.. At least all of the music coming out of what they have shown sounds good so whoever is on it, sounds like there doing a good job..

But I wonder who they replaced him with, Is he Eidos or IO's go to guy, I always felt that Jesper Kyd was, at least for one company

johnaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By johnaze

@dudeglove: Jesper Kyd has not even @dudeglove said:

@Genkkaku said:

I want to say Jesper Kyd, but that's probably not true..

Absolution is the first Hitman game Jesper Kyd is not involved with. The only returning figure is the voice of 47, David Bateson, but that was only announced after everyone had a shit fit that neither Bateson nor Kid were going to be involved in Absolution. Jesper Kyd is, however, likely just tied up with the AC franchise (and Borderlands too, funnily enough) and you can only have one guy doing so much, despite his genius.

Weirdly enough AC3 is the first Assassin's Creed game not having music done by Jesper Kyd. He's been busy with Borderlands (as you mentioned) and Darksiders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.