Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Reviewers Kayne and Lynch review quoted in Hitman? (Spoilers)

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

So I was at he gunshop level and already ran into Kayne the mission before. Now I run into lynch at the firing range.

While selecting my gun to compete. I here the guybat the counter talk to the staff member asking for shotgun ammo. Staff guys says that crazy guy has been useing it all up. lynch he is talking about. And how he is curseing all the.

Now somthing resonates with me that a reveiwer was quoted here. Saying every third word is a swear word. Its as if he is trying to be mature....its just childish.

While my first thaught was Jeff ( would it be an insult? an homage? an apology?) I checked the written reveiw not close. Checked the video reveiw and Jef fdoes say roughly "Every third word is a swear word" then says " not to say swearings bad. it can be great if used right.The swearing in the writting is just lazy."

So maby Jeff is being paraphrased. However I am certain I read somewere at the time the exact words. As I was a fanboy of IO and couldnt beleave what Jeff said at the time of K and L damned him for it....(only to realise it was true. only 4 years later become a paying member of his site and hang on his opinons and trust him) I researched alot at the time.

Anyone else hear this and have any thaughts?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

@Akyho: May I ask where you're from and what your first language is?

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Phoenix778m

I don't understand what you you are asking or trying to say.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By buft

It was a common complaint for the game that the swearing was too obnoxious , rather than paraphrasing Jeffs review i think IO are simply parroting the complaint back and poking fun at kayne and lynch

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alexpiercey

I don't really think its a reference to Jeff, but just those characters being those characters.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

Doesn't sound like a reference at all.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By AssInAss

Well, that's a reach. I thought Jeff's review of Kane and Lynch was printed on some newspaper in the game's background :P

Making a joke about how much they swear doesn't have to do only with Jeff's review.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Crash_Happy

@Akyho: When I heard it it put me in mind of the other characters in Absolution. There's a surplus of swearing by some of them and I wondered if they were commenting on Birdie.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sasnake

@Baillie said:

Im going to start by letting you know he has dyslexia, and you're an absolute douche bag.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By papercut

I think it's being more self aware and has nothing to do with Jeff's review.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Should have focused on its own flaws.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sambambo

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

Im going to start by letting you know he has dyslexia, and you're an absolute douche bag.

How is he? It became unreadable, and he asked a question to find out if there was any reason for this.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By beeftothetaco

@Baillie said:

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sasnake

@SuperSambo said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

How is he? It became unreadable, and he asked a question to find out if there was any reason for this.

Because he is, and no, he was being a douche.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sambambo

@SASnake said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

Ah, sound reasoning.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#16  Edited By audioBusting

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

Don't be so harsh, it's a valid question as us foreigners would be the last people to know when we're being incomprehensible.

Anyway, swearing in action video games and films has become such a common cliche that it's pretty unlikely that they're referencing any specific reviews.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Shady

I thought it would be about how shitty Kane and Lynch were as games. Both of them. Especially the second one.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sasnake

@audioBusting said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

Don't be so harsh, it's a valid question as us foreigners would be the last people to know when we're being incomprehensible.

Anyway, swearing in action video games and films has become such a common cliche that it's pretty unlikely that they're referencing any specific reviews.

You are right, my apology's to whoever it was I insulted, I cant even remember.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By KarlPilkington

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

ahaha

Chumm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chumm

@SASnake said:

my apology's

Is this dyslexia too?

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Fearbeard
    @buft

It was a common complaint for the game that the swearing was too obnoxious , rather than paraphrasing Jeffs review i think IO are simply parroting the complaint back and poking fun at kayne and lynch

This. I doubt they are referencing a single review.
    hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hoossy

@SASnake said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

um... not really. I was thinking the same thing, and not from a condescending standpoint - just curious.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Akyho

All right it seems clear to me that the last few threads I have made have been too dyslexia induced to to be read. I am Scottish and Dyslexic with an ever constant hardship over literacy. As most of my threads start with someone making fun of me, or asking seriously what is my native language which has happened to many fucking times now. Then i say I am dyslexic and then two sides form, one side belittling me the other side overly sympathetic resulting in the thread becoming pointless

So OK folks learned my lesson no more threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Akyho: Why don't you put as much effort into your threads as you did that post? Just wondering.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Akyho

@NinesSC2 said:

@Akyho: Why don't you put as much effort into your threads as you did that post? Just wondering.

I am Dyslexic not illiterate. Dyslexia is neurological and throws curve balls, it is to do with perception and the act of processing written information.

I read my original post and it makes sense, I understand it. Other people do not seem to be able to, It is a simple fact of my thought process being different and the expression of that is not the norm.

There is no constant it is random.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@Akyho: You can still make topics, just start with a preface; "Hey I'm dyslexic, so this may be hard to read." Then anyone who reads the thread wont get confused.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wampa1

@Akyho: I actually thought the reigned the swearing in, Kane doesn't really swear at all and Lynch? Well Lynch is mental..

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Kerned

@Akyho: Don't let people discourage you. Your post was fine. Keep writing, don't give up because of some people who don't understand your situation. Rise above that shit.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thedj93

@Akyho: i think IO was just having some fun at their own expense, considering how bad those games reviewed, letting the world know "yeah we heard the critics, we get it, we get it blah blah blah"

ANYWAY. it's pretty cool that they had that little easter egg in there.

Does this mean Kane and Lynch and Hitman occupy the same fucked up universe? hm...

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Jace

@SASnake said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

This just in! Asking why someone types as if their first language is not English is now grounds for being a "douche bag."

Our stories up next at 10: "Why are there so many sensitive pricks on the internet?" Followed by: "Hypocrisy, an inside look."

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bigsmoke77

@Akyho: Like the others I would encourage you to keep starting topics just try your best not to have spacing problems between words. i.e. in your first post you have ("guybat") in the 2nd line, now it looks like the ("b") is suppose to be a space. The natural reaction to reading this is to say "what the fuck is this guy talking about" instead of seeing you missed a space. Im no expert in dyslexic but I find when I read over my writing I think it makes sense but it doesn't because Im reading it too fast and missing mistakes or i need to read it out loud to see mistakes. and don't just read it over once usually have to read three or four times to find all my mistakes. Try to take each sentence and see if it makes sense i.e. your last sentence in the 2 nd line is ("And how he is curseing all the.") There is nothing wrong with that sentence expect for the fact you forgot "time" at the end and as a result it makes no sense and you look like a crazy person lol. I have taken english classes all the way through to university and I still don't know what the fuck Im doing so don't get discouraged and by the looks of your replies you have the capability to create some good posts.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sasnake

@Jace said:

@SASnake said:

@SuperSambo said:

@SASnake said:

@Baillie said:

This just in! Asking why someone types as if their first language is not English is now grounds for being a "douche bag."

Our stories up next at 10: "Why are there so many sensitive pricks on the internet?" Followed by: "Hypocrisy, an inside look."

You sir, if you had replied to me FIRST, with this exact comment..would have won me a bet..but you didnt, you suck!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UnrealDP

@Akyho said:

All right it seems clear to me that the last few threads I have made have been too dyslexia induced to to be read. I am Scottish and Dyslexic with an ever constant hardship over literacy. As most of my threads start with someone making fun of me, or asking seriously what is my native language which has happened to many fucking times now. Then i say I am dyslexic and then two sides form, one side belittling me the other side overly sympathetic resulting in the thread becoming pointless

So OK folks learned my lesson no more threads.

Dude, don't stop making threads just because dudes on the internet like to fight. You shouldn't stop trying, also just ignore the fighting internet men and keep doing your thing! Seriously, you really shouldn't stop!

Oh, and to be on point, I think that they weren't being self aware of Jeff's review and were in fact just cursing up a storm because that's just how those characters are. If you need to convey the feel of those characters in just a short cameo then you need something cheap like a bunch of cursing. I dunno it's weird.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baillie

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By TheHT

Hah, could be. I never really read other reviews for the game, so the overswearing thing could have been a widespread criticism.

Seems more likely that it's just a reference to the actual game being cursey, rather than criticisms of the game being cursey. That's at least a simpler explanation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.