Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Franchise »

The Hitman games are a series of stealth action games, in which players are encouraged to use stealth and disguises instead of raw firepower (not that this isn't an option) to complete a level.

Hitman newb, where should I start?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Chris2KLee

So I'm interested in the new Hitman, but I've never played one before and I'm not really interested in playing all 3 games. Blood Money was the most recent, so I figured I'd just play that one, but I was wondering if there was a lot of stuff carried over from previous games. Would I be missing out by skipping the first 2 Hitman games, or will Blood Money pretty much set me up on what the series is all about, and who the major players are?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

just get blood money, that's the best

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

@Laketown said:

just get blood money, that's the best

Cool, it's on sale on Steam, I was just mulling over if I should get the collection or not.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The most story is in Hitman codename 47, you see how Hitman got his start and who made him, it eventually leads to a really bad ass ending. That being said, the game is really old, the AI wasn't that great even when it came out, the voice acting can be God awful and finally the graphics make my eyes bleed, but i still love it due to nostalgia. 
    Hitman 2 is where Hitman really picked off, it shows another side of 47 as he tries to retire from the world of contract killing, the graphics aren't too bad, the AI is descent and its still a pretty good game.
    Didn't play Contracts i heard most of the missions where recycled from the first two games  so I'd advise you to skip that one.
    And Blood money is the most recent one, it follows the downfall of the agency and a secretive organization known as the Franchise that's trying to kill Hitman, gameplay and graphics wise its the best one to date, but i found the story to be lacking. 
    So, you wouldn't miss out by not playing the first two, but if you really want the whole story you should play them. 
    For more info click the links
    Hitman Codename 47
    Hitman 2
    Hitman Blood Money

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arebuckle

The general consensus is that Blood Money is the best. But I've always felt that 2 had much better missions, mind you I would only recommend it if you can put up with some at times unforgiving  AI and unfriendly shooting mechanics. Mind you that's all from my experience of the PS2 version, don't know how it is on PC.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By iDarktread

Yeah, $7.48 for Blood Money, Silent Assassin, and Codename 47. I'm going to do some looking around the internet to see if there are any real technical problems with the PC version. If not, I'll be picking these up myself.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Kyreo

Blood Money is the best one. The game can be tough and random though, but the Hitman games are great.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By FreakAche

At first I thought this thread was about the Giant Bomb user HitmanAgent47.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Simulacrum

Just get Blood money and you'll be set.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FreakAche: RIP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.