Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Franchise »

The Hitman games are a series of stealth action games, in which players are encouraged to use stealth and disguises instead of raw firepower (not that this isn't an option) to complete a level.

Rupert Friend is Agent 47

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Homeland star to replace Paul Walker in new Hitman film

Just saw these news a while ago and I had somehow completely forgotten about Paul Walker being cast as the new 47 in the upcoming reboot of Hitman. Of course it could've been just because I wanted to forget about it...anyway, haven't seen Rupert Friend in anything myself, but I guess he might still be a better choice than what Walker was? Naturally there's still the chance that the movie will be as terrible as the first one, what with Absolution at least not being good sign of the direction they took with the franchise, but anyhoo!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

After the last movie, and game..I just want to forget.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wjb

I don't know him from anything other than Homeland, but I like his performance on that show.

Well, until...(Homeland spoiler) His character randomly started having possible feelings for Carrie Mathison. I haven't seen the finale for season 3 yet, but I dislike it when shows believe the main cast are the only people on earth and everyone needs to be in love with everyone else in the cast. I mean, Clarie Danes has always been an attractive person, but her character is a fucking mess.

I actually didn't mind the Timothy Olyphant version, but maybe that's because I have a crush on him. As long as they get rid of that fucking barcode on the back of the head; this isn't the 90's anymore.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb: that wasn't random at all, it was alluded to in his very first appearance

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No opinion on this, as I haven't seen any of his work. Looks nice and scrawny though, at least in the face. Kind of matches the more skeletal structure that 47 has in some of the earlier games. Glad he isn't a big brute. Really, I just miss Paul Walker. That's the only thing I gleam from all of this.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wjb said:

I actually didn't mind the Timothy Olyphant version, but maybe that's because I have a crush on him. As long as they get rid of that fucking barcode on the back of the head; this isn't the 90's anymore.

Yeah, this is 2014; It should be a QR code.

Or an AR code... he could get the AR code from the dominoes pizza boxes to make Hatsune Miku dance on them.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good casting call IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.