Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

Coil Compatibility Question

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Yo so I got some rad epic coil but it won't equip with any of my weapons. Is there something that tells you what type of weapon a coil is compatible with?

Thanks duders

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

What level are your weapons? (i.e. Green, blue, purple) It's possible that it can only be spotted in a very rare weapon. Also some modifications are for your outfits.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

All mods can go in certain types of gear. Some can go in more than one, but very few. I'm guessing the coil you're talking about goes into the gun weapon, which I still haven't touched myself

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ares42

The frame around the coil shows what kinda slot it goes into. If it's circle with 3 "ties" in each corner it's for weapons, if it's a braided circle it's for armor. You can also see the type in the bottom right corner when you select the coil. Also, if it's something like a +fire damage coil it can only be slotted into weapons that can do fire damage.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ares42: I don't think that's entirely true: I have definetely equipped mods to a weapon that does not support one of the damage types (when the mod was still the best for one of the boosts it gives).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.