Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

How much left in the story? (Spoilers inside)

CaptainKoonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainKoonz

So as far as main story, I just took down the Deathbringer and climbed the Faro Labs HQ. I watched the holograms of the woman Aloy is connected to and the head of Faro and then spoke to Sylens(sp?). My next main objective is to go to US Robotic Command.

Without spoiling anything for me, can someone estimate how much main storyline is left for me? I've already climbed all the Longnecks, completed the Hunter's Lodge quest (I won't spoil it but holy shit!) and found all the Ancient Vessels, but I plan on doing all the cauldrons, Bandit Camps, etc. It doesn't seem too difficult to platinum this game.

I know one trophy involves getting every character to ally with me by the end of the game. Is there any chance that I've screwed this up already or do I just need to finish all the side quests and errands to make this happen?

I'm having a blast with this game despite some issues with the resource management and a little bit of open world jank here and there.

Also, can I finish the main story and continue my progress towards the platinum? Or will I have to start over?

Thanks duders!

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

You still have a ways to go I would say but you are nearing the end. Maybe a third of the game left or less? If you are mainlining the story.

I actually haven't finished the hunter lodge stuff so maybe I should go back and do that. As far as recruiting characters I don't know if I got everyone but the way you open world begins after you finish the game makes me think you may have a chance to try again and get people to ally with you. At least I hope so.... didn't know that was a trophy and not even sure if I got it or not.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@captainkoonz: from that point I think it's like 5-7 missions to go. I'd estimate it at about 4-ish more hours to go.

CaptainKoonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CaptainKoonz

@sackmanjones: I would really recommend you go back and complete the Hunter's Lodge mission. Not the Hunting Trials, but the quest line that has you join the lodge after getting the Gold tier (Full Sun Emblem, I think?) on any three Hunter's Trials. After that, it's not too long of a questline and there's some really fun stuff worth doing in there. I had my favorite encounter so far in the game at the end of it. Some good storytelling during that quest, too.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By Kidavenger

You are about 2-3rds through the main story, there are at least 4 significant areas you still have to go through and a lot of audio journals and cut scenes coming up I would guess you have a good 8 hours left.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Shadow

The last thing at the end of the game will tell you in big capital letters that YOU CANNOT GO BACK when selecting to do it. So just don't do that if you want to finish up other stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.