Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

What do you think are the chances this will arrive on PC?

• 55 results
    TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you think are the chances this will arrive on PC? (715 votes)

0% 89%
    30% 8%
    70% 2%
    100% 2%

Seeing as it's from the Killzone dudes, I'm thinking 0%, sadly.

What do you think? Does the shared hardware architecture mean almost everything gets a PC version today, or nah?

P.S. it doesn't matter when the PC version arrives after the initial release.

• 
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ezekiel said:

Console sales this generation are lower than the previous. People are losing interest. Yet the gamer PC market is bigger than ever. We can only hope the mainstream console becomes redundant and in ten or twenty years Sony will distribute their games on PC, perhaps through their own store.

This is just completely wrong.

• The PS3 sold just over 30 million units in its first 3 years (2006-2009)
    • The Xbox 360 sold 28 million units in its first 3 years (2005-2008)
    • The PS4 has sold 53 million units in its first 3 years (2013-2016)
    • The Xbox One has sold 26 million units in its first 3 years (2013-2016)

That works out to 58 million sales of Xbox and Playstation in the first 3 years last generation and 79 million sales of Xbox and Playstation in the first 3 years of this generation.

Yes, the Wii sold 67 million units in the first 3 years last generation to about 12 million Wii Us in the first 3 years, but using those numbers to try and paint the console market as a dying industry is incredibly disingenuous. The Wii numbers are an anomaly because people who don't play video games were buying the Wii and those same people didn't even know the Wii U existed. The removal from the market of those non-gamers that bought Wiis to bowl and play tennis is not remotely indicative of the health of the console industry.

Right, I find this whole notion of "this is the last console generation" completely nuts - clearly there is demand for consoles. Yes, it is evolving and changing with these new, more powerful versions coming out "mid-cycle", but that's just a way to solve what we knew as backwards compatibility issue. I am glad PC gamers are happy with more powerful hardware, but to me it looks like even people like me, who are more console focused, are happy at the moment and have more options than ever, generally speaking.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0% chance of that.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sinusoidal

We need a .1% chance option. It seems pretty damned unlikely, but never say never. A few years ago who would have thought we'd ever have a decent selection of JRPGs or a Metal Gear Solid game on PC?

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if they put PS4 games on PS Now.

glointhadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the state of PS4 emulation? Without checking I assume its not too hot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.