Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 08, 2009

This WWII-themed flight simulator features six major European air battles from the perspective of allied fighter-aces. As the first console game in a series known for its historically accurate, realistic simulations, Birds of Prey provides a more accessible experience by offering three levels of difficulty and realism.

Il-2 Sturmovik on consoles...anyone know anything about this yet?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

I was just browsing the upcoming releases and I saw this Birds of Prey game supposedly coming out for consoles next month, but the wiki article is pretty thin. Anyone know anything?

I'm specifically interested in what the multiplayer and co-op aspects of the game are going to be like, if any.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

There was a demo, that's all I know.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

There's a demo on the Playstation Store. I wish I could tell you more, but I accidentally deleted the demo off my PS3 before I got a chance to play it. It was 1.7GB so I wasn't interested enough to download it again.

There's a NeoGAF thread with some pretty positive demo reactions. I remember quite a few people said it was really good.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
    Birds of Prey includes a simulation mode that is no different than the most strict simulation mode of the original PC title. Really. The flight model has not been simplified in the least for the Xbox 360, even though it was a challenge to make it work with the Xbox 360 controller. But it also includes an arcade mode that might appeal to people not used to simulation games. In arcade mode, the game is more similar to Blazing Angels. The flight model is more forgiving, though you can easily throw yourself into a blackout or redout state. You’ll also have a lock-on camera at your disposal, as well as a radar like marking system that indicates where planes are in the sky and whether they’re friendly or not.

There is multiplayer. Supporting eight players over Xbox Live, multiplayer will feature a couple of modes, some of them involving more strategic types of play than just regular old deathmatch. But there will be a deathmatch-type mode as well for those who just want to start a massive hairball in the sky.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mike

Is there any sort of co-op? Or is it all just adversarial multiplayer?

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Keyser_Soze

I saw pics on it on Xbox Live, looked like shit.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond

No, it's definitely amazing looking.  I didn't like how it played though, mission objectives weren't especially appealing to me.

I'd say best looking flight game ever, miles above the Ace Combat stuff, better graphics features than Flight Sim X with mods, and definitely the best looking IL-2 game so far.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

I didn't even know there was a demo available, I'll have to check it out. I found this in some random article:

" In the multi-player available through Xbox LIVE, gamers will have the option of choosing to play 4 different modes, including Dogfight, Team Deathmatch, Ground Strike, and Capture the Airstrip, each expected to allow hours of co-operative and competitive game play."

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
    @MB: From what I have heard there's no co-op just adversarial multiplayer and objective based multiplayer.

Edit: And you have quickly proven me wrong, sorry about that.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamond

Just gave the demo another chance because of this thread and it has grown on me a little bit.  I still think they have bombers being shot down far too easily, but it's still fun.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mike

The early reviews for this game are looking somewhat promising, I'm thinking about picking it up this week. Anyone buy it or rent it already?

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Kr3lian

This game is great!  Except I can NOT land on Sim mode.  I swear I touch down perfect every time, but then I can never stop the plane without crashing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.