Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPod

Object » linked to 9 games

The iPod is a media player manufacturer by the Apple Corporation. In video games the iPod has been featured as a working audio device and even as a collectible that unlocks audio tracks.

So my iPod just red-ringed... Wait. iPod? What the fuck?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

No Caption Provided
    So, I got out of my last college class for the day, plugged my iPod into my cars music player, hit 'play,' and am greeted with this screen. After checking around on various support pages and forums, it turns out that, yep, it's fucked. I think. Any suggestions? Ugh... I got that thing for Christmas, man. It had 60gb of music on it, and 25 episodes of Endurance Run... this sucks.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

That looks haunting...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah... that discoloration at the top of the screen is from where my dog tried to eat it. It's my fault for putting it in such a delicious leather case. It just cracked the screen, though, and that was 3 months ago.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By raven_squad

Sorry about your luck. That sucks majorly. :( Unfortunately, I have no advice to offer. 

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

you should try to sell it

seriously you would be surprised how many idiots  think that they could fix it... 
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Kick it. When my old iPod broke, I'd just hit it against the wall, and it would totally start working again. Sure, it only worked for about 10 minutes, and then I had to hit it again, but at least it worked for a bit.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK

umbrella corporation has seized up your ipod

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Gmanall

Welcome to the next generation of Red Rings (Note: Micorsoft may not be held responsible for the wide rang spread of this red ring out break and if it takes over the world they will not give refunds Now run an scream in horror)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

Have you tried connecting it to your computer and restoring factory settings?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus
    oldschool said:
    "Have you tried connecting it to your computer and restoring factory settings?"
    Yeah, the computer won't recognize it. I tried to put in to disc mode as well, but the only command the iPod will recognize is "restart."
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By subject2change
    ZombieHunter said:
    "you should try to sell it

seriously you would be surprised how many idiots  think that they could fix it... 
    "
    You do realize that an iPod is fairly easy to fix right? The Hard Drive in one of my 60s broke and I replaced it easily with an As-Is hard drive off of eBay for 12 bucks...i've also replaced the face plate on scratched to hell iPods as well...

You'd be surprised how many idiots pay big money to corporations for easy do it yourself jobs...

And to the OP, I assume your Hard Drive went on you or something. The Sad Face was the icon for the older models and I assume the red X is the new thing; if you got it only 6 months ago call up Apple they should be willing to fix it for free.

Quick google search; http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:xpsZoaJyBqcJ:www.topix.com/forum/gadgets/ipod/T1RBA1SD8AS3BFJFD+Red+X+on+Ipod&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Let it discharge completely and recharge it. Or let it sit charging for a bit if that doesn't work.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus
    Subject2Change said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    "you should try to sell it

"
    You do realize that an iPod is fairly easy to fix right? The Hard Drive in one of my 60s broke and I replaced it easily with an As-Is hard drive off of eBay for 12 bucks...i've also replaced the face plate on scratched to hell iPods as well...You'd be surprised how many idiots pay big money to corporations for easy do it yourself jobs...And to the OP, I assume your Hard Drive went on you or something. The Sad Face was the icon for the older models and I assume the red X is the new thing; if you got it only 6 months ago call up Apple they should be willing to fix it for free."
    Yeah, I'm going to have to do that. However, I hope they don't refuse based on the dog bite marks. It's just cosmetic damage, but they might be dicks about it.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus

Hey, now that 3rd party apps on iPod Touch are legal, do they still need to be jailbroken?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change

If you didn't see my link; let the battery run out and then just recharge it to full again. That should fix the problem. So just leave it running for a bit and hopefully the backlight is on all the time or stays on for a bit to help drain it faster lol.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, I saw it. The backlight shuts off after 15 seconds of me hitting the circle button, so I'd have to be pressing it constantly.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Rowr

wrap it in hot towels for a day and then call ipod about a warranty

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By subject2change

Eh don't bother touching it and stuff, just leave it alone for a day and it should die out.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Alexander

I'm going to assume all the music you had on there is backed up right?

Also, don't bother trying to fix the problem, get a replacement under warranty.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toowalrus
    Alexander said:
    "I'm going to assume all the music you had on there is backed up right?"
    Yeah, I've got it all super-organized. That's not a problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.