Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jak and Daxter Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

A PlayStation 3 and Vita HD compilation of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3.

Why no Jak X?

Gordy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Gordy

Kind of surprised Jak X isn't included in the collection. Maybe it was too much trouble to work on the multiplayer component? That was a pretty big focus for that game, I guess.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

They're saving it to bundle with Uncarted.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

I guess they just wanted to go with the main trilogy

I think that's a huge bummer, I loved Jak X, it had some fun cart gameplay and a very interesting and different story for a Jak game

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ssj4raditz

Too bad it isn't being included, I never got around to playing Jak X.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BasketSnake

I've only played Jak 1 when it was released. I loved it and collected everything. I probably will play this HD collection.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ABritishNerd

@LordXavierBritish said:

They're saving it to bundle with Uncarted.

I see what you did there.

OT: I don't know, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't include it. I'll buy it regardless but it would have been nice.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

They might be waiting for a "Jak and Daxter Collection Vol. 2", including Jak X, Daxter, and The Lost Frontier.

Which I would totally buy, just because my PSP has seen better days and Daxter is a great game.

On the other hand, I'd like to ask where the hell the Ratchet and Clank collection is. They've never announced it and that series is ripe for such a thing. Is it too much to ask that they include 1, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank? The latter two suck but it would be nice if they were included.

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By craigbandicoot

@believer258 Love the idea of J&D Vol. 2!

I think it was the multiplayer mode that was probably abit too much effort then required to get it on disc.

Gordy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gordy

@BasketSnake said:

I've only played Jak 1 when it was released. I loved it and collected everything. I probably will play this HD collection.

eeeeeehh.... You might be disappointed. I loved Jak 1's classic platforming gameplay too. Jak 2 and Jak 3 are nothing like it. For one, they added guns. You ended up shooting and driving a lot more than platforming, though there was still some of that.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By landon

@Gordy said:

@BasketSnake said:

eeeeeehh.... You might be disappointed. I loved Jak 1's classic platforming gameplay too. Jak 2 and Jak 3 are nothing like it. For one, they added guns. You ended up shooting and driving a lot more than platforming, though there was still some of that.

Jak 2 is pretty much a GTA rip off. You can steal cars, you shoot people, to go to specific sections of the city to take on missions. But despite this, it has a great story and awesome gameplay. The best of the trilogy.

Just_Endless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Just_Endless

It's worth noting that Jak 2 is COMICALLY difficult at times. Broken difficult. That and the first Kingdom Hearts are probably the only two games I've ever quit due to feeling cheated or whatever. It certainly has some quality to it, but it's pretty damn awkward at times, not a smooth transition from 1 AT ALL. I'd actually argue 3 is more solid, it's a bit more of a balance between lighthearted and dark, Jak 1 and 2, platforming and GTA kinda stuff.

That said, I love these games. True modern classics, the first one for damn sure.

Gordy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gordy

You are totally on point there. The first time you have to pilot a missile as Daxter barely hangs on was a recurring nightmare for me. I sold the game at one point, never having gotten past that. Then I eventually bought it again, and I think I still never got past that point.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

Jak 2 is a nightmare in places, I wouldn't want it any other way. As for Jak X it's kinda a shame as the story stuff is great in that game, Probably the only reason to play it... it also has some annoying difficulty spikes in the later races.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.