Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jason Bourne

Character » appears in 1 games

Jason Bourne was originally a character in Robert Ludlum's "The Bourne Identity." Since he has gone to star in a major film trilogy, and recently in his own game "Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy"

Who here liked the three films?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

And are you at all interested in the new upcoming one starring Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross/Kenneth Gibson? So I wasn't really that interested in either the novels (I never even read one), or the loosely based films, but we're here to talk about the films a little bit. I saw the first, I thought it was alright, nothing special other than some cool stuff happening, I don't quite remember Supremacy, I'm not sure if I even saw it, I think I did though, and I don't think I saw all of Ultimatum, but I did watch a lot of it, it was all OK, but ironically shouldn't be enough (for me at least) to even make a thread about it, but I still am.

Oh, and I got the game on 360 for my birthday, I thought it was pretty great with shortcomings. It's one of those games that if it had a little more going for it, it could have stood out. Anyways, I want to get to my point. When I saw the trailer for the new film, I was just thinking it was a reboot, and I kind of laughed at the moment it shows a picture of Matt Damon, 'cause I actually thought Jeremy Renner was playing Jason Bourne this time, I was wrong. I kind of want to get interested in it all now, and I'm hoping this new film will be good. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here I guess... Ha ha. Is anyone else interested in the Bourne series here?

I just want to know more about the movies, and if it's worth getting into. I'm also listening to the soundtrack from the new Bourne film from James Newton Howard, and like my opinion on the previous films, it's OK. I know John Powell did the previous ones though. I've got one of those AMC Gold Experience tickets, and I was thinking this could be the film to use it on. I've already used two other ones so I could go see The Dark Knight Rises (again), since my friend hadn't seen it yet. It would be this or Total Recall I guess. I don't know.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tim_the_corsair

The second movie was the weakest, but they are all fine spy thrillers and definitely worth a watch.

The new one looks interesting, and I'm glad it's not a reboot but rather something that is running alongside/as a sequel to the Bourne movies.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

I like the Borne movies, but they all run together for me. Perhaps its because he is always running. Or because the girls all look the same. I don't know, but I never got into the books. My Grandfather did, he read all of them before he died. The fourth one wasn't out before he died. But he read the first three.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Also, should I buy the Bourne Trilogy on blu ray? Or The Ultimate Bourne Collection? I don't know which one to get, I always like the one with the most content and best quality.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By audiosnow

The Bourne Identity is a fantastic movie. The action is clean and probably the most realistic western hand-to-hand fighting I've seen to date in a film. The camera work is gorgeous in its simplicity; it was back before they threw away all of the steadicams and forgot how to keep their distance.

The following two were mediocre action films. The continuation of the story wasn't bad, but the action and camera (you know, the other two pillars of intrigue films) were terrible.

That much bad film between the first and the new one, and the replacement of Matt Damon leaves me completely indifferent about it. I probably won't even RedBox it.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maajin

I sure did TRY a lot to like them.

Identity I've watched at least twice and all I can remember is the scene where he fights some guys on his apartment and then something with stairs at the end?

Both Supremacy and Ultimatum I've tried to watch so many times... And never finished either. It totally seems like my cup of tea but I don't know what happens... Perhaps I should try again.

That said, I really like Jeremy Renner, so I'm up for it once again.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
    AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

I think all three are very good action/spy movies. The first one is by far the best. personally i am excited for the new one

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strife777

I like all three. Yes the first one is by far the best, and say what you will about the shaky-cam of the sequels, but I found that they all have a couple of great moments. I thought the fight scene in The Bourne Ultimatum where it ends in the bathroom (don't know how to better describe it) was one of the best fight scenes in a movie, at least for the more realistic kind.

I'm definitely going to go see the next one. Not even necessarily for the name, I just like Jeremy Renner, he's on a good streak.

Edit: I would also like to mention, I might be stupid, but it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to open that blu-ray trilogy box-set a the time. I definitely felt stupid.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By TehFlan

I enjoyed all three. Looking forward to the new one; hopefully it will be as good.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

I really enjoyed the first one. It was like an indie film with these short sharp bursts of violence every so often. The second did absolutely nothing for me and while I kinda like the action in the third film I really didn't care about the story at all. I'm curious about the new one though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@Strife777 said:

I like all three. Yes the first one is by far the best, and say what you will about the shaky-cam of the sequels, but I found that they all have a couple of great moments. I thought the fight scene in The Bourne Ultimatum where it ends in the bathroom (don't know how to better describe it) was one of the best fight scenes in a movie, at least for the more realistic kind.

I'm definitely going to go see the next one. Not even necessarily for the name, I just like Jeremy Renner, he's on a good streak.

Edit: I would also like to mention, I might be stupid, but it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to open that blu-ray trilogy box-set a the time. I definitely felt stupid.

I just read someone had that same problem on Amazon's reviews. I want to know which is the best version of all the trilogies out there. I might buy one, but I want to know which is the best quality, and has the most content. Quality and quantity.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strife777

@NTM: I believe the quality is the same for all, meaning they're just the same discs. I also think The Ultimate Bourne Collection might just be the same thing as the other, but for Europe (I say that because of the rating logo on the lower left corner.) I might be wrong though, it could have some additional features.

If you want a review of the V/A quality for the ones that come with The Bourne Trilogy set, just go on blu-ray.com. It's a good site if you like to know if movies are of good quality, technically speaking

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched all of the movies in the trilogy but I cant remember anything about them.  Im not even sure if I enjoyed them or not.  For some strange reason Jeremy Renner bugs me for some strange reason.  I dont even know why.....  

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones

You used to be a frequent poster on screened didn't you? Nothin wrong with that you just seem to make lots of threads about movies. Anyway I like all 3 films but 2 is definitely te worst. I'd probably put 3 over 1 but it's close

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

Huh, it just occurred to me that I have the first Bourne film on HD-DVD, I thought I had the third too, but I couldn't find that. I think I'll watch this tonight.

@Strife777: Yeah, that's what I expected from the quality, but I am more interested in which has the most content, if there is one that has more than the others. And alright, thanks for the site, I'll check it out later if there ever comes a time when I think I need it. Or I'll check it out now.

@Sackmanjones: I went on there, but I wouldn't say frequently, or, I at least didn't post frequently. And I believe I make just as many film threads as I do game threads, or more games threads, it's just more apparent here because this is a game site.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @NTM I gotcha. Not saying its a bad thing, I do love a good movie. But anyway I am really pulling for the new one. Like I said before I really enjoyed the first three films and Reiner is pretty awesome. Also Edwars Norton... Sold me there
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By PerryVandell

I like the first one the best, but they're all capable spy thrillers. Love me that shaky cam!

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedRoach

I really liked them, but the shaky cam really, REALLY ruined the 2nd two for me. Glad to see that the new one is straying away from it. And I like Jeremy Renor so I'm excited to see it for sure.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I thought they got progressively better despite the shaky cam being rough in the 2nd. Lots of people copied that style but left out the actual brutalism of the Bourne series. I'm kind of indifferent towards the new one, though moments in the trailer intrigue me. I think I'll wait for some reviews before shelling out theater tickets, at least.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

@Sackmanjones said:

Reiner

@RedRoach said:

Renor

I don't want to be negative about it, 'cause that's not why I'm pointing this out, I just thought it was funny how both are spelt wrong, and completely differently. Ha ha.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Hunter5024

I really like the first one but after that the story totally lost me. This seems to be treading more along the path of the sequels, so I'm not that interested.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I absolutely hate the shaky cam stuff in the films. Was it put in there to make it seem like there was something going on; to make the action seem more intense? 'Cause it doesn't help.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince

I liked all three. Also am looking forward to Legacy.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love them to death. First is probably my favorite, but I absolutely love them all.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

Well I just watched the first one all the one through, it was alright, I'd probably give it in between a three and three and a half stars out of five. I do remember most of it. I think it's the second one I remember least, I just remember the beginning or whenever where the girl in the original dies by getting shot as they're driving away from someone or something.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Vexxan

Not a big fan, mainly because they all look the same to me.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By AssInAss

One of the most consistent and best movie trilogies. Great way to end it. Bourne Ultimatum, SO GOOD!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By DeF

I know I liked the first one enough to at least watch both sequels. I even bought the combo DVD of the first and second one but never bothered to buy the third (apparently I didn't care that much).

Cool spy action movies, that's that. I don't get too invested in these kinds of movies, though I like Jeremy Renner (<hipstermode> liked him before he was cool when he guest starred on Angel in Season 1 :P</hipstermode>) so I will end up watching the new one at some point.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29  Edited By zyn

I didn't watch the first films but will watch the new one, because it stars Jeremy Renner and not Matt Damon (with Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton).

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Arbie

For some reason I didn't think I was going to like them but then I watched them and loved them! I'm not exactly exited for the new one but I'll most likely end up watching it. Oh wait, if what the above poster says is true and Rachel Weisz is in it I will definitely watch it because I love her!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I know I watched all 3, but I can't remember shit about them. I suppose that says all that needs to be said from my perspective.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Still haven't seen the third but loved the first two. I really like the fight scenes, there's no flash or exaggeration, it's just quick an brutal. Matt Damon was awesome, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jeremy Renner does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt Matt Damon was to baby face to be a action star I still don't buy him as one but hes a ok actor I have more interest in this series since there's a new Bourne guy now.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By probablytuna

I'm definitely looking forward to The Bourne Legacy. I'm a big fan of The Bourne Identity, not so much a fan of Supremacy and really liked Ultimatum although Identity is still my favourite. The writer for the first three films, Tony Gilroy is directing as well as writing Legacy so I'm interested to see if he is as good a director as he is a writer. Also I really like Jeremy Renner ever since The Hurt Locker so yeah I'm going to see it no doubt. Unless it's shit, then I guess I'll just wait for when it's on cheap Blu-Ray.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zombie2011

I've seen all of them probably twice but i couldn't tell you which movie is which.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.