Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Battle a dictator's forces in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago in this follow-up to the popular series from Avalanche Studios and Square-Enix.

Hot Damn, Just Cause 3 Is Coming

• 102 results
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kennybaese

I played probably half of Just Cause 2. I think I still "own" it from when it was a PS+ game a while ago. Maybe I'll redownload it.

doltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm playing 2 on psnow right now, and it seems to work well!!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved 2 quite a bit, looking forward to this.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By arbayer2

I don't know, I'm pretty excited for it. Granted, it'd be nice if they fixed some things from JC2 (and, unrelated, did a hell of a lot to fix JC1 for PC in their spare time, because that was a terrible port in my opinion) but I'm still excited. I want to get my fix of grappling an aircraft miles above a ridiculously large and gorgeously-rendered map, the verticality of the JC series is pretty impressive. I think with this new entry they can add more NPC animations and beef up the gunplay, though, sure. And hopefully, again, the PC port, I'd hope, will launch with fewer bugs this time, I still get the "blood spatter streak" visual glitch after multiple patches on Steam.

For those convinced on the micro-transactions thing still, someone earlier posted this that you may want to read, it's positive news right from Avalanche Studios' website, take it or leave it: http://avalanchestudios.com/news/just-cause-3-unveiled/

"...Following last week's rumours and speculation, we also wanted to take the opportunity to address a few misconceptions. Those leaked screenshots were taken from an ancient version of Just Cause 3. Like most games, this one went through an exploratory phase where we looked at different control schemes, different technologies, different business models. Those leaked screenshots show aspects of that process, and in no way reflect the game we are making today.

To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions.

Does that mean we'll release the game and call it quits? Nope. Beyond launch, we are likely to look into DLC packs and items as part of our ambition to support Just Cause 3 and its players for many years to come, but until that time we’re completely focused on making the best Just Cause game we possibly can. Rest assured it will be a huge, fully packed and extremely rewarding experience right out of the gate..."

-Christofer Sundberg

For what it's worth, I'm getting sick of micro-transactions and DLC for its own sake as well, but this is a better indication of intentions than a lot of AAA developers put out before release so I'm inclined to not discount it as easily.

Also, hey, first post. Thanks to the Giant Bomb staff and community for making an awesome gaming news/information site I've been lurking on for a while. Subscription was totally worth it, it's straight diesel

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh yeah!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By FesteringNeon

Yes!

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Just Cause 2 was awesome. Looking forward to part 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.