Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kickstarter Funded

Concept »

Games that were funded through Kickstarter.

Project Phoenix Indy JRPG by AAA talent (Nobuo Uematsu)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Looks like we will get a new Kickstarter. But this time it sounds really interesting because the people who are doing it are also include Kiyoshi Arai FFXII designer and Nobuo Uematsu and several other until now unknown People. Other members of the team boast credits from works like Final Fantasy, Halo 4, Crysis 3, L.A. Noire, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Soulcalibur V, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryoiki no Deja vu, and more.

Acording to Gematsu they will seek for 100k as first goal and the kickstarter will start in 3days. Here is the full article and more art pictues.

No Caption Provided

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/project-phoenix-a-japanese-indie-game-made-by-aaa-talent

And the site with a 3 day countdown.

http://projectphoenix.info/

This sounds really really interesting so check out the article. I will update this thread in 3days of course with all the info we can get. Release will be PC. MAC, Linux, IOS and Android and they are targeting a 2015 release. I wonder how much this one could bring by such a high class list of people^^

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@darji said:

Other members of the team boast credits from works like Final Fantasy, Halo 4, Crysis 3, L.A. Noire, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Soulcalibur V, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryoiki no Deja vu, and more.

Hopefully, this project draws inspiration from all of these sources.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

AAA talent lol.

Listen, I love Shoji Meguro, but I wouldn't fund a game based solely on him. and I did enjoy XII but it's not matsuno so I don't know exactly what this guy did on the game

though the fact that it's apparently a studio of japanese and western devs alike is interesting.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darji

@animasta: The most people are not revealed yet. But most of them are SE/Blizzard people I would call that AAA talent^^

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

@darji said:

@animasta: The most people are not revealed yet. But most of them are SE/Blizzard people I would call that AAA talent^^

blizzard does nothing for me so I wouldn't? I mean just because it's AAA talent does not make this game AAA (in fact, by definition it won't be)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I hesitate to say anything with such little info available, but from what we know right now, I would be nervous about putting money into this. Just taking into account some of the people involved and the scale that some of the released art seems to imply, I'm concerned that this team is going to have a difficult time maintaining a manageable "indie" scope for this project which could lead to budget and schedule issues.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jimmyfenix

Holy shit Nobuo Uematsu. i want to go to one of his concerts :( he is a hell of a composer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.