Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2018

A medieval open world RPG focused on period-accurate fighting and technique.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Game Discussion

• 161 results
    Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@snakeeater321 said:

[...] Taking on more then 2 people at once is quite a challenge, and there is one quest I had to get creative. I was supposed to kill 2 bandits in an abandoned camp. When I went straight up into attack mode, they kicked my shit in. I tried to focus on one, and the other would beat me up like crazy. So what I did was scout out there camp and see what they did.

There was one bandit who wasn't armored but had a sword that he was absolutely deadly with. The other bandit was armored but only had an axe. I waited till the sword wielding bandit sat down, snuck up behind him and choked him out. Now there was only the axe wielding bandit to deal with rather then both of them. I destroyed the armored bandit with my mace like he was nothing. Smashed the head in of the knocked out sword wielding bandit. Took their loot. The day was mine.

It's hard to describe how truly good this game really is. But once it clicks, it really does. This game is something else.

One of my favorite things about the game so far is how many ways you can go about getting things done. For example, I was in the same situation as you were in the quote above. I couldn't fight both of them at the same time. I snuck up on one and choked him out, but wasn't able to defeat the other before he woke back up. I tried sneak attacks with a bow. Then it dawned on me that I wasn't alone. I came out here with a group of guards. I went back to where my group was, told them about the bandits, and they proceeded to absolutely destroy those two bandits! It was a hilariously one-sided affair. It was also very inspirational because even though I hardly know which end of the sword is the pointy end at the moment I do know that eventually I'll be able to fight just as well as those guards. It's going to take practice, training, and better equipment just as it would in real life.

I love the fact that I'm just a blacksmith's son who was completely outclassed by those two bandits. I'm a nobody from nowhere with nothing, and that is super refreshing. Most video games are a power fantasy where the player is the center of the universe, but not here. I'm sure that with time my social standing and martial prowess will improve, and that's when the power fantasy aspect will kick in. The difference here is it wasn't just given to me by the devs, or expected by the npcs. I will have earned it.

Also, I just want to say that I'm very glad that finally there's a game developer who isn't afraid to make it dark outside at night. Like proper dark. Like bring a torch or you're going to have rough time dark. The lighting in this game is so good.

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@sethmode said:

I have watched some people playing this game and the writing seems kind of...not good, but it's hard to tell with this stuff. Give me honest opinions, is there a good story here or is it a good open world story?

I've played about 25 hours and haven't done a ton of the main story, but it seems to branch pretty significantly within each portion of the quest - the typical pick this one option and get locked out of another and events associated etc. There's also instances where it isn't an explicit choice, if you forget to talk to a person before continuing, it reacts with dialogue or events later. The actual writing hasn't rubbed me the wrong way, there's been times where the choice of responses has been weird, as if they didn't hear what you just said, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Some of the side quests have been pretty surprising too. I feel like a broken record in comparing everything to Witcher 3 but they've reminded me of those in how the quests twist and turn and aren't just 'go here and kill a thing'.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did something similar with the bandits. I happened to find them as they were getting ready to sleep, so I just waited a bit more, knocked them out in their sleep and killed them while they were unconscious. I also enjoy the slightly goofier moments. The Uzhitz priest, obviously, but also Sir Hans in the bathhouse. If anyone hasn't looked at buying horses, there are two you should absolutely look at. One is at Merhojed, and the other is at Neuhof. Just talk to the stable boss and they'll show you a list of the horses.

Side note, but it's kind of cool how recognizable the towns are, even today. Here's a Google maps view of modern Rattay.

No Caption Provided

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mavs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mavs

@sethmode said:

I have watched some people playing this game and the writing seems kind of...not good, but it's hard to tell with this stuff. Give me honest opinions, is there a good story here or is it a good open world story?

Man, I've been watching some of this game and I was thinking the exact opposite. The writing seems uncommonly good? Compared to any open world RPG, not just a Kickstarter game. Like almost Witcher 3 good. Am I crazy? I wonder if the rest of the game delivers, I've only seen early stuff.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SnakeEater321

@user_undefined: Holy shit, that's crazy that I recognize every road and area on that map just from playing this game. That's a crazy attention to detail on the devs part.
    For a second there I actually thought that was just an in-game screenshot of an aerial view of Rattay

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mavs: I can attest that the writing and voice acting is top notch. On par and in my opinion even better then the Witcher 3. It's the best writing I've seen in any RPG and the story is the best I've seen in years. Uncommonly good is a really great way to put it. I never even expected how invested I would be in this story, but here I am.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mavs: Lol you might be a bit crazy but I definitely think it's solid for the most part. There's very obvious budget and technical constraints on display that force the writing to have stilted interactions with NPCs quite often but for the most part I think what they've got is far from bad.

This game reminds me a lot of The Witcher 1, it's full of a lot of cool things that have budget/technical limitations surrounding them. The success of this game will hopefully lead to another studio blowing up like CDPR did. This game is also significantly more successful than TW1 was as well where as CDPR had to wait until TW2.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: I like your posts because they reference the Witcher games and thus I can understand them. Joking aside this helps me to get a pretty good grasp of what I'm looking at here, because I was having a little trouble buying that it was on par with the Witcher 3 after some of what I saw. Thanks, duder!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: Heh, talking about The Witcher is something I fall into often. Singular characters have more depth in TW3 than probably the entire cast of this game and the voice performances are very inconsistent (like TW1) it also nearly falls into 'sex cards' territory at times but not quite. It's definitely a game you need to go into acknowledging budget constraints, if you went into it basing your expectations off the price and comparisons to other games in that price region you will come out disappointed.

If you're on the fence about this game still and you're good at waiting 100% wait, this game needs an enhanced edition or at least a price drop. I'm personally pretty good at acknowledging shortcomings but not letting them hinder my enjoyment but a lot of people aren't that type of person and prefer to save there money so there's that.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: 1st: Ahhh sex cards. The halcyon days.

2nd: I am definitely on the fence, if only because my PC can't handle it and my lifestyle is one that doesn't really enjoy potentially replaying large swaths of game because of bugs. So, I'll at least wait for what I heard was the save patch thing. I'm also still waffling on principles, which I obviously don't want to make thing of for fear of ANOTHER thread closure haha. I definitely appreciate your feedback either way.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My initial impression of this game is pretty terrible. I control the least interesting man in the world, there's a bad save system I had to mod away, an even worse lockpicking system that I had to mod away. There are constant loading screens that make me want to avoid talking to anyone in in this RPG. I had to experiment a lot to get graphical settings that I liked and every single alteration to that results in a 3-5 minute load as it applies everything. My first combat encounter was the worst fist fight I've ever seen implemented in a game.

The 10 minutes or so I've been allowed to play around in combat with an actual sword felt pretty good at least.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this is only my experience but combat with multiple enemies turn out in. "how long can i kite this dude with a bow so i can take out the other guy in a 1vs1 fight ?" cause after clearing multiple bandit camps this seems to be the most viable strategy. Cause rapidly switching between enemy's feels odd and unresponsive.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: Multiple enemies for me is how long can I walk backwards while parrying until I end up in a nice open field where I can properly manage the fight. Saying that having three guys surround you and you just riposte one of their attacks killing them instantly is great. The one on one combat is really excellent though.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: If you're on PC get an SSD man, it's really needed for decent load times in PC games now.

I hate saying this because there is absolutely no need but it isn't a game for everyone. All those things you've mentioned (bar the technical issues) I think are fine, good even. This game won't hold your hand.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Efesell

Oddly compelled by this grindstone and would secretly just play the game where I continue to work in a smithy and not go on elaborate revenge quests.

@picky_bugger: I wouldn't say it's an issue of hand holding, I don't think the game is being harsh on me I just think those systems feel really bad. Lockpicking feels awkward and tedious and the save system is oddly archaic in a game that actually has plenty of other modern conveniences.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: At first i hated the grindstone minigame but it grew on me. It's super relaxing and a neat way to fix your blades. To bad i am mace user, even the visual feedback is well done, hope to see this thing dive up in more games.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 45 hours in I'm still sticking to the vanilla save system. It just isn't as bad as people make it out to be considering you can save any time you sleep under a roof for an hour. I also have quite a bit of money at this point, so stocking up on Savior Schnapps is not a problem. Lockpicking was much harder to get through, took a LOT of practice on easy locks, but I think I "get it" now. Still, it's harder than it needs to be, many people hate lockpicking mini-games period, so that aspect should be toned down.

Overall, my impressions are pretty positive. There's plenty of variety on how to do things, which I always welcome. Combat is not flashy, feels technical and at times stressful, especially against multiple opponents, as it should in a game going for realism. I like the dorky nobody protagonist for a change, and there's some great writing, although the dialogue seems a bit too "modern" at times. I'm slightly disappointed there's no big city in the game, the towns are all kinda small. Probably era-appropriate, but it would be cool if you could go to Prague or something, as a separate off-the-map location. Now what really needs work is the UI and player feedback. The tiny bar for your enemies' health\horse stamina is just placed so awkwardly and looks ugly. Also, for the love of God let me easily compare my equipment pieces, there are more types of equipment to wear in this game than in any other I've played to date, so it can be a real hassle.

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I still really hope for a QL I mean Im personally enjoying the game just love to see the duders give their honest impression on it. About 35 hours in and still loving the game so far.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#71  Edited By armaan8014

I don't really get much time to play games these days, because of work and stuff. Earlier I'd spend maybe about 5 hours a week playing games. Checked my stats for KC:D, apparently I've played it for 21 hours in 5 days. Jeez!

Absolutely loving it. I'm not too far into the story because I keep walking around in the woods! And taking photos... and videos...

Afael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Afael

Finished the main story earlier today. It gets somewhat inconsistent near the end, and loses steam by constantly giving you chances to go get side stuff done.

Spoilers ahead, be warned: And then it doesn't even conclude the story. You basically finish Henry's character arc, but the larger story only got over its first act. You don't deal with big bad, never meet the German again, and the game even makes fun of it with the sword. Which you never get back.

The combat is neat, but, in my opinion, really breaks when you have to deal with multiple people. Not just in a fair "You'll get mobbed, 3v1 is a bad idea" way, but just because switching between enemies seems pretty unresponsive. You end up being locked in on one person and can't do much else.

Or it breaks the other way - the AI seems pretty slow to react to you unless they had a drop and doesn't do well outside of the "locked on" situation. So if you have a good enough weapon/enough stamina, you can just rush an enemy and hit them in the head before the game locks on and they can block. Then you sprint away a bit, turn around and repeat the charge with another enemy. Its especially amusing in bigger fights where you have back up. The best strat is to charge ahead, run behind the enemy (who will ignore you) and then end the fight in 20 seconds by stabbing them in the back.

Judging by the way the story ends up and the amount of bugs, glitches and various performance issues, it feels like the game needed another year or so of development. It almost gave me an Early Access vibe. Forests look real great though. If nothing else, this game delivers on what Oblivion wanted to look like.

P.S. The alchemy system is amusing. Buuut it also breaks economy like it did in Skyrim - potions cost you nothing to craft and sell for a lot, especially once you can start churning them out on auto-pilot.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mavs said:
    @sethmode said:

Man, I've been watching some of this game and I was thinking the exact opposite. The writing seems uncommonly good? Compared to any open world RPG, not just a Kickstarter game. Like almost Witcher 3 good. Am I crazy? I wonder if the rest of the game delivers, I've only seen early stuff.

This was originally supposed to be a part 1/part 2/part 3 thing.

It got so big they merged part 1/part 2. But it's still a part 1/part 2 missing part 3 type thing, so the ending is a bit not there. To the point it might as well say "To be continued in 2024.".

yaxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is freaking amazing...

I have been playing video games for 20 years and I never enjoyed a game as much as this one.

A week ago I didn't even know this game existed...

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I need a full Vinny playthrough of this game STAT! Politics aside, this game is legit amazing and took most of us completely by surprise. It deserves some coverage.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing: All else aside, Vinnys antics would be so ruthlessly punished by the game that it would be kind of a non-starter I think.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

@drzing: All else aside, Vinnys antics would be so ruthlessly punished by the game that it would be kind of a non-starter I think.

This guy (extremely popular Twitch streamer who usually plays Overwatch) has been playing Vinny style from the start. It's pretty entertaining

https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DrZing

@confideration: Good call, he's hilarious. Within the first hour he managed to get trapped by buggy doors in not one but two buildings, never gave up and found the right console command to escape in low-gravity mode. 10/10

This game is actually not very streamer friendly, throwing up those tutorial screens full of text and arrows pointing every which way. Guy is a pro for powering through it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Let's get this back on track, I really do not want to have to close the only remaining topic on Deliverance where people are actually trying to talk about the game.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does the game treat its Romani, Turkic and Jewish characters?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897
    deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else getting really overpowered? I'm wearing full plate armour and a longsword and I am crushing entire bandit camps in seconds. I'm level 14 I think

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegame983: From the streams of this game that i have seen it seems that you just get super overpowered by the end and can wipe out any enemy when wearing full plate armor.

SgtExo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SgtExo

@jonny_anonymous: None of those really, the different ethnicity that are present are Chezch, German, and Cumin. I do not know how the Jewish population distribution of 1400 Bohemia was, but it takes place in a rural area that is really out of the way, so maybe that is why there are no Jews. It is strange that there are no Romani people, but being nomadic, it would not surprise me that they would GTFO as soon as large pillaging armies arrive in the area. And for Turkish people, you are pretty far from the Ottoman empire, so other than not having Turkish merchants (which the towns are on the small side for international trade) I would not expect to see any.

Also other than having the Cumans as the only visible ethnic difference, there are maybe 20 shared character models for the NPCs that are not important characters. Could be that was as much a financial decision as anything else.

The way the story ends, it leaves it in a good place to visit larger and/or different parts of the HRE or go to Hungary, and use the money they made to expand the world, both physically and culturally.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegame983: @owack6: I haven't reached that point yet myself, but I've read about it from several sources. I wonder if becoming that strong fits the realistic nature of the game? It makes some kind of sense that a well trained and equipped fighter could do a whole lot of damage to a few underequipped bandits who might not have much, if any, formal training.

Even if it does fit, it may not be the best design decision from a gameplay point of view.

SgtExo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SgtExo

@bane: You find bandits that are as well armed and armoured as you and they can kick your ass if not careful, but you do not really encounter them in the main quests for the most part. Just watch out for bandit leaders with maces or axes, as they can wear down your armour really fast.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Haven't encountered any, but there's a Codex entry on Jews in the Middle Ages. It mostly talks about their role in the society at the time, where they lived (mostly Prague, it seems) and notes the pogroms and segregation policies of the era.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Iron_Tool

@drzing said:

I need a full Vinny playthrough of this game STAT! Politics aside, this game is legit amazing and took most of us completely by surprise. It deserves some coverage.

Agreed, yet not even a mention from the GB team (other than Alex once mentioning the real sword that some high level backers got, and Abby's embarrassing retweet of a now deleted tweet)

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Anyone else getting really overpowered? I'm wearing full plate armour and a longsword and I am crushing entire bandit camps in seconds. I'm level 14 I think

I'm not even close to 14 and don't have full plate armor yet but I do feel like a boss. The last few fights I've been in I haven't even taken a shred of damage. A Cuman bandit attacked me on the road and I managed to best him getting solid chainmail and a full helmet which has basically made me impervious to any encounter so far.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing said:

Agreed, yet not even a mention from the GB team (other than Alex once mentioning the real sword that some high level backers got, and Abby's embarrassing retweet of a now deleted tweet)

A small red light begins flashing in the corner..

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897
    deactivated-5ed7db3f7c897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead: Just Northeast of Neuhof there is a camp on the side of the road with a chest containing suberb armour. You need a high carry weight to wear it all though.

Also, my charisma is through the roof. Any crime I commit I can talk my out of

yaxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegame983: I can confirm this. They need to work on the balancing in the late game. I have spent 50 hours just doing side quests and hunting and in the process I have leveled up to lvl 14. My character is basically Superman by now which kinda breaks the game since you only need 1 or 2 hits for even the strongest opponents.

Luckily I saw a tweet from Warhorse this morning where they confirmed that some re balancing will be included in the upcoming patch.

Still the best game I ever played!

r3k1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Woken up by the red flashing light in the corner Mike is suddenly filled with dread, he knew this day would come but he didn't expect it to come so soon. Slowly, he gets up and grabs the lock ready to use it at a moments notice

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By bybeach

@sgtexo said:

@jonny_anonymous: None of those really, the different ethnicity that are present are Chezch, German, and Cumin. I do not know how the Jewish population distribution of 1400 Bohemia was, but it takes place in a rural area that is really out of the way, so maybe that is why there are no Jews. It is strange that there are no Romani people, but being nomadic, it would not surprise me that they would GTFO as soon as large pillaging armies arrive in the area. And for Turkish people, you are pretty far from the Ottoman empire, so other than not having Turkish merchants (which the towns are on the small side for international trade) I would not expect to see any.

Also other than having the Cumans as the only visible ethnic difference, there are maybe 20 shared character models for the NPCs that are not important characters. Could be that was as much a financial decision as anything else.

The way the story ends, it leaves it in a good place to visit larger and/or different parts of the HRE or go to Hungary, and use the money they made to expand the world, both physically and culturally.

Because of an earlier post about the Cuman, I did a little bit of research on Wikipedia about them. Granted, all this can be wrong. But the earliest Cumin were described as 'blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin'. However, they were of a Turkic culture. That does not surprise me, where many tribes in the distant past rubbed shoulders, say in Siberia/Mongolia and other areas.

As for Romani, I read this long ago, but I seem to remember them as transplants from India and other cultural and ethnic groups, during the Middle ages. I should really consult something before saying anything more.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.