Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Rockstar Releases First L.A. Noire DLC, Explains Why the Rockstar Pass Is Actually Worthwhile

• 158 results
    Scoozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Scoozi

Hmm, I was thinking to get this game soon but now I guess I'll wait for the ultimate edition that will come along eventually and have all this extra stuff included.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Blair said:
    @Hunkulese: I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion.
    Your avatar points to a perfect example of why it's a good thing. I would have played all of the Fallout 3 DLC if I could have paid a reduced price at the start and gotten them all. As long as they keep the option to buy things separately there really is no downside.
    Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By Farley_Lives

So I bought my copy at Bestbuy which came with a $10 gift card. I consider that free DLC my friends.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Branthog said:
    They need to be more fucking clear about this bullshit. I saw them advertising this on the dashboard lastnight and ignored it. "I don't need the Rock Star Pass", I thought, "because I bought the game new".  There is nothing about the way they present it that makes it clear that it is something different than one of those "EA Project $10 Milk Money Out of Your Paying Users" bullshit.  Also, I hope that you can use the DLC even after you've finished the game, since unlike other Rockstar games, you can't finish/100%/etc the game after you have beat the final case (it goes to credits and if you try to play more, it just starts the final case over in the middle of a chase).
    Aside from the fact that there is no online mode and no code in new copies for a Rockstar Pass.

Also, you've played the game right? You choose cases from the main menu. And if the rest are anything like the A Slip Of The Tongue case, they will have a place in the story cases that automatically trigger if you come to that point while playing the campaign; and give you a prompt to skip them if you've already beaten from the Cases menu.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SomeJerk

I thought this would be free to the original purchaser, with this as an option to buy for those who don't have those redeemable codes..? Since this is typical already rolled out gone gold 108 kilobyte "DLC" people are getting bummed in the gob

ladnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By ladnar

Awesome, man I read it as if Reefer Madness was coming out on my birthday which would have been too perfect.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By Branthog
    @somejerk said:
    I thought this would be free to the original purchaser, with this as an option to buy for those who don't have those redeemable codes..? Since this is typical already rolled out gone gold 108 kilobyte "DLC" people are getting bummed in the gob
    Not only is the content on the disc already, but the achievements for the DLC are not included in the DLC. They're included in the primary game's achievements. That makes it sound VERY much like it was included content until the very last second and then they yanked it out. I actually spent a few minutes after I beat the game, looking at the achievement list and thinking "wait, where the fuck are these two cases that it says I haven't finished? Did I miss something? Do I need to go back and play through differently to get to those? What the fuck did I do wrong?". Now I realize that they were just taken out of the game.

It's not like the game didn't have a ton of content already. It had enough content to keep me busy for two long sittings before beating it. That doesn't make it any less shady, though. And yeah, I know they had to cut out a ton of content and reduce the quality of the existing content (on the 360, at least) to keep it in under the limit on three discs. Production/console limitations really aren't my problem - as the consumer - however. That's their problem.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Blair said:
    Here we go, the start of the "season's pass" sales trend.  The more this sells, the more monetized the video game finances become.  No bias either way, just pointing out a clear shift in video game sales mentality.  We're on the brink of a new philosophy if this succeeds.
    Isn't it better than releasing them all separately? A ton of DLC is business I never like dealing in, but if they're going to do it anyway, isn't this better for the consumer who may want all that?
    dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By dvorak

They can just keep rolling this shit out and I'll keep buying it.

Avatar image for ravengunslinger
    RavenGunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RavenGunslinger

Not feeling it. Hope they do some awesome Halloween DLC though.

RareCheshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By RareCheshire

Not sure if I will get dlc for this game...

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rockstar said before release that they were going to sell all the pre-order DLC eventually, but I didn't expect it to be this soon.  This whole thing seems kind of weird, but I'm willing to pay $10 to get all the content that's currently out there, plus two additional cases.   

This was discussed on the Bombcast a few weeks ago, but you have to wonder how much DLC is going to be released, given the cost and time commitment involved with getting the cast into a studio.   

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By unsolvedparadox

The pass seems like a great deal, I'll pick that up for sure.

Babymauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Babymauler

It took dlc to teach me that I can get a shotgun from the trunk of my squad car.

Avatar image for arrested_developer
    Arrested_Developer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just got about 500 free msp from being part of that Microsoft Rewards program so I'm up for this.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Phr4nk0
    @Branthog
    The achievements may be in your list, but they are not part of the games disc allotted 1000 points. The game has a total of 1200 gamerscore if every achievement would be unlocked, thus you're not missing out on any of the points you are supposed to be able to unlock from a retail disc. They are treated as DLC so they get away with it.

As for it being a 100kb download to unlock something on a disc, I'm usually super pro DLC and the entitlement a lot of people seem to have when it comes to DLC released after the fact is sickening, however this being on disc is quite shadey but I guess they were ment to be a preorder incentive so they gated it away. I never preorder games so I'm happy I even get the choice to access the content.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By fjordson

Bitch bitch, moan moan. 

I would have paid even more for the bonus cases, so I'll bite. Good on ya, Rockstar.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By RobotHamster

Sounds good to me.

Marlowefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Marlowefire

Sweet more cases

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#121  Edited By golguin
    @Phr4nk0 said:
    @Branthog: The achievements may be in your list, but they are not part of the games disc allotted 1000 points. The game has a total of 1200 gamerscore if every achievement would be unlocked, thus you're not missing out on any of the points you are supposed to be able to unlock from a retail disc. They are treated as DLC so they get away with it. As for it being a 100kb download to unlock something on a disc, I'm usually super pro DLC and the entitlement a lot of people seem to have when it comes to DLC released after the fact is sickening, however this being on disc is quite shadey but I guess they were ment to be a preorder incentive so they gated it away. I never preorder games so I'm happy I even get the choice to access the content.
    Except the content is NOT on the disk. The pass allows you to download the content for free. The two cases combined are over 500mb.
    Avatar image for reptheplantdawg420
    RepThePlantDawg420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im fukin stoked fo this

Avatar image for p_pigly_hogswine
    P_Pigly_Hogswine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if the Playstation Store is up and running before the price goes up, I reckon I'd go for the Pass. But at this rate, I I should maybe add it to my Christmas list.

Marlowefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Marlowefire

Also wish Alex formatted this so it was easier to read the content and how much adds you'll get for 10 bones. Right now it is just blocks of text. Cmon Alex. Don't let bloggers one up you.

Jigswag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Jigswag

Rockstar's approach to DLC is becoming pretty status quo. They tested a few things out with GTA IV and smoothed the wrinkles out in Red Dead Redemption. I'd expect an L.A. Noire DLC bundle to hit the marketplace sometime in the fall...

Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Bumbuliuz

This was an instant buy for me for my Xbox 360. I own the game on PS3 and I'm thinking about getting this there also. 

I kinda like it how Rockstar is doing this with the DLC.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Daroki

Not sure about this one.  On one hand the $10 season pass sounds great, on the other hand, I already have two pieces of DLC for LA Noire I can't use since the store's not back up yet.  $10 to get you $20 is good, $10 to get you $16, shoot, still good.  Maybe I'll just get the pass and offload the voucher to someone on GB.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By admordem

season pass sounds perfect

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#129  Edited By Brackynews

Eh sure. But realistically I'll be picking up the game for $10-15 cheaper than $60 anyway. I'm still not cool with a brand new game and all its content costing me $75+ unless it comes with an extravagant figurine.

And could we have an editorial ruling on which price goes in the parenthesis throughout an article and which one gets absurd-money-name of the week? I suppose I'm just upset there aren't more occasions to say "Nintendollars".

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Damian
    @louiedog said:
    @Damian said:
    No, thanks. Seems a fair price and all, but I'd rather pay $10 for one big DLC package along the lines of Undead Nightmare or some of the Borderlands offers. And you have to know that they have something bigger planned after mid-July. I'm'a wait for that, and hope I still care when it comes.
    Rockstar has stated that the DLC announced today is all of the planned DLC for the game.
    Well, then, here's to hoping they start planning something else. Perhaps something more like this.
    TinyGallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By TinyGallon

It's ironic, but all the DLC and pre-order garbage only serves to devalue their game and increase demand for cheaper used prices

I bought this game new foolishly thinking the "Rockstar Pass" would be included.... Shoulda stuck with my original plan of getting it used for $20-30 so I could afford all the DLC.. As is stands now, I don't feel like upping my investment in this game to $75. 

...And try to imagine for a second how fragmented the next GTA is going to be. Ah, video games

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#132  Edited By DarkbeatDK

I'm all up for some reefer madness.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By xyzygy

Getting the pass. I'll be getting 3 DLC packs and eventually save 160 MSP on it so it works out good.

Shaymarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Shaymarx
    Well I received slip of the tounge dlc plus the sound track when purchasing the game from play. Was then given naked city with the badge pursuit challenge as a gift from game station, not sure what the plastic negatives are for though, but if you can download the badge pursuit challenge now I'm guessing theyre just for fun. Either way it makes the pass a little redundant for me.
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#135  Edited By recroulette

Hell yeah, more time with Roy Earle, can't wait!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TwoOneFive

so sick of 360 getting dlc first. its fucking stupid.  

but on the other hand, the ps3 version is superior in terms of graphics and of course the amount of discs (lol). 

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Roger778

Sounds good to me.  I plan to sign onto X-Box Live this summer, and my parents will probably help me out. (I don't live with them, just to let you know) 

Plus, those two new cases will hopefully be awesome.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#138  Edited By elko84

i'll get the rockstar pass

Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Bumbuliuz

Also I wanted to add, that in the Country I live in and is born in, game shop almost never have any pre-order stuff. Games are rarely even offered to pre-order. So for us this Rockstar Pass is a nice way to get pre-order and other DLC content that we maybe wouldn't be able to get.

ghost23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ghost23
    @TwoOneFive: umm this is not a timed exclusive.... 
    It's Sony's fault that PSN Store is still down. Has nothing to do with Microsoft. 
    Avatar image for slainbythebrain
    SlainbytheBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#141  Edited By SlainbytheBrain

Also wish Alex formatted this so it was easier to read the content and how much adds you'll get for 10 bones. Right now it is just blocks of text. Cmon Alex. Don't let bloggers one up you. 

Blocks of text? You mean paragraphs? Yeah, those things are super complicated. I would have preferred if the post were made entirely of pictures or a youtube embed so I didn't have to read.

Thank you, Alex, for continuing to provide informative and enjoyable prose rather than succumbing to bullet points.

*dismounts high horse*
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#142  Edited By EightBitShik
    @UlquioKani: I don't think you got the quest...?
    fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By fraser

So the "free community unlock" of the Chicago Piano gun was my preorder bonus, which I still haven't managed to download through the store, for obvious reasons.

Not sure whether I should be annoyed or not.

radioactivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By radioactivez0r

Since the penalty for not getting this soon is all of $2 in price increase, I can wait until I pick up the game down the road.  If it was $15, I'd consider getting it now.  Want to play, but got enough to get through for now.  

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Phr4nk0
    @golguin

I was talking specificaly about the two cases offered for pre-order incentives, which according to the first line of Branthog's last  post; "Not only is the content on the disc already" is on the disc already. I myself havn't played the game yet but plan to soon, so I don't have firsthand knowledge. I guess it's my fault for not checking facts gleamed from randoms on the interwebs.
    MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By MySpaghet

Still waiting for LA Noire to arrive in the mail, cant wait to see how it plays.

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#147  Edited By wintermute

I think I'll wait for the GOTY where all of this stuff is just built in.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By nail1080
    @TwoOneFive said:
    so sick of 360 getting dlc first. its fucking stupid.   but on the other hand, the ps3 version is superior in terms of graphics and of course the amount of discs (lol). 
    oh yuch posts like this make me cringe....

GAMESPOT ----------------------->
    Semantix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#149  Edited By Semantix

I enjoyed L.A. Noire but not enough to buy the DLC. I'm not fond of having to pay for this pass either. I assumed that it would come with new copies of the game as an incentive to not buy pre-owned. I'm not saying that it isn't a fair pricetag for the content, but I feel like at least some of it should have been offered free to the people who bought this game on day one.

ExplodingTuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ExplodingTuba

I really like the idea of the RockStar Pass. It's the equivalent of Red Dead Redemption's "Undead Nightmare Collection" which included all of the DLC for Red Dead Redemption. That was a steal, and so is this, assuming you enjoyed L.A. Noire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.