Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

My personal thoughts on LP2

AzureDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AzureDemon

http://www.giantbomb.com/lost-planet-2/61-25413/user-reviews/?review_id=14595

This is my first review on a game.  Why did I decide to do this? Because I was tired of hearing people complain about silly things.
     Im gonna quote someone who said a smart thing:

" lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it."  - PufferFiz  -

This is the summary of my review.  The game is unique and people are NOT used to having a game play differently from today's shooters.

Leave your thoughts, no flames (if possible)

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#2  Edited By Jazz

Familiarity is welcome to some,  while others like to be challenged.   
    Its a strange world where both cannot exist simultaneously. 
    Nice quick review. Keep it up.

AzureDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AzureDemon

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho
    @AzureDemon said:
    " Im gonna quote someone who said a smart thing:

" lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it."  - PufferFiz  -  "
    Your "smart thing" sounds like some sour grapes grasping at straws and the foundation for it is blanket statements. Kind of pathetic bro. Enjoy your boring game without shitting in the mouth of people who don't care for it.
    AzureDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AzureDemon

You seem to hate the game for no particular reason beyond it not playing like other shooters, quite childish.
     I am enjoying my game, I find it hardly boring. Im guessing you hate Monster Hunter as well?

And I have yet to make sense of half your post to be honest. What's so pathetic about a different mindset?

AzureDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AzureDemon

You are entitled to your opinion.

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By theredcoat24

The reason I hate the game is becuse simpley it's not well made, it's not fun at all, and it's like smashing your head against the wall. Once a game stops being fun and starts becoming a chore it's not longer fun.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @AzureDemon said:

" lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it."  - PufferFiz

No. This is just a poor excuse for bad game design. I played LP2 for an hour and couldn't stand the damn thing, it was a horrible game. It actually reminded me of the Avatar movie game, no fucking joke. I am all for innovative ideas, and new and interesting gameplay mechanics... but that is not what this game is offering. It looks pretty, but that is it's one and only redeeming factor.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By spaceturtle

I think it's funny how this debate has progressed since it began with Brad's apparently "BAD" review of the game. The only thing I've heard from people actually liking this game is; "You guys don't get it. LP2 is like Monster Hunter, it's just different". Well I don't know, but my original understanding of the meaning of the word different, is not shitty. And if a game is supposed to be different, then it better be. And then it should be unique and original as well. There is nothing different about LP2 and cannot be compared to Monster Hunter. So I don't understand this so-called "smart" statement. 

When people who actually enjoy LP2 are ready, can they come out and tell me what makes this game so different? Cause I usually do like "different" games. Hell, I'll chop my legs off for a couple more of these "different" games, there is just too few of them. LP2, in my opinion, is not. Clunky controls does not make a game different. Nor does it make it good.

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By theredcoat24
    @creamypies:  Dude I did the same thing, got it from Gamefly and sent it back before I beat it I hated it so much
    csma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By csma

people always dismiss this game after playing it for a while, expecting it to be a single player campaign like gears of war or something, well this game is different, this focuses and multi-player campaign and matches, many  people get turned off of the game type where playing the entire level and a single location, making it a arena felt type of level, and this is carried through out the game. 

my opinion is expect something different for this game to enjoy it 

Lost Planet 2 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.