Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Baseball 2K9

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

MLB 2K9 is the 2009 edition of 2K Sports' MLB 2K series.

Any sports game fans in the house?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Edited By JJWeatherman

I was just watching the new MLB 2K9 video put up by vinny and it looks (and sounds) great! Anyways I was just thinking that even though I'm not a baseball fan, I love to play baseball video games. And it's not just baseball, if I go through all the sports I don't like in real life, for some reason I love to play them in video games. For example, baseball, hockey, and soccer are three huge sports that I can't get into for real but for some reason playing them in a video game tickles my fancy. Thats right, tickles. I love making the bone crunching hits and scoring an ever so elusive goal in hocky games. I don't even really know what it is about baseball games, i guess I just like the slower overall pace. Maybe it's how the anticipation builds as you are heading into the final innings and its all tied up. 

I don't know maybe I just have sports games in my blood. Can't get enough of them. But you ask me if I have ever watched a world series, and the answer would simply be, "heck no homeslice!" or something just as delightfully random.

Anyways I was juuuuust bored enough to come on and share my completely irrelevent thoughts with everyone. You're welcome!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I was just watching the new MLB 2K9 video put up by vinny and it looks (and sounds) great! Anyways I was just thinking that even though I'm not a baseball fan, I love to play baseball video games. And it's not just baseball, if I go through all the sports I don't like in real life, for some reason I love to play them in video games. For example, baseball, hockey, and soccer are three huge sports that I can't get into for real but for some reason playing them in a video game tickles my fancy. Thats right, tickles. I love making the bone crunching hits and scoring an ever so elusive goal in hocky games. I don't even really know what it is about baseball games, i guess I just like the slower overall pace. Maybe it's how the anticipation builds as you are heading into the final innings and its all tied up. 

I don't know maybe I just have sports games in my blood. Can't get enough of them. But you ask me if I have ever watched a world series, and the answer would simply be, "heck no homeslice!" or something just as delightfully random.

Anyways I was juuuuust bored enough to come on and share my completely irrelevent thoughts with everyone. You're welcome!
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

I can play madden every so often with friends, but other than that if it's not NHL and it's a sports game chances are I'll be pretty bored with it.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By whackmypinata

I love baseball, basketball, tennis, and somewhat football. I love sports games as well.
    Try the MLB 2k9 demo, it's out! I had no idea until a friend let me know.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    whackmypinata said:
    "I love baseball, basketball, tennis, and somewhat football. I love sports games as well.
    Try the MLB 2k9 demo, it's out! I had no idea until a friend let me know.
    "
    O snap. I read that on the MLB videos comments but I thought they ment the video not a real released demo.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, but  Cricket and  Football are more my thing being a Brit. The last proper Baseball game I played consistently was Baseball Stars on Neo Geo.

Dude, if you have a DS you might be interested in this. It's a cool little baseball sim. There's no western release planned  but if it comes here  you should consider it. The first game is a lot of fun on the evidence of the little I played of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.