Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

"Event Mode" patch released today makes "balance" changes

• 106 results
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By FUN
    @Yanngc33 said: @ricetopher: Yeah but if you remove X-factor, Phoenix is basically useless.  "

No way, she'd just be reasonable to deal with when Dark Phoenix comes out.

Remember when she was announced and 95% of the people just went "lol freenix?"  Don't be fooled again.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Ulong

As a sometimes phoenix user, I think I'd like phoenix alot more if they increased her health by a large amount, turned dark phoenix into a level 3 super that only lasts say 10 seconds or whatever, and made it so dark phoenix doesn't restore her health at all, but got rid of the health drain too. Maybe weaken the benefit she gets from X-factor a little bit too.
    She'd be less intimidating as a super bomb that you're scared to kill, at the same time she'd be more fun for phoenix users cause you wouldn't lose her the moment you made one tiny slip up once.

Edit: Also, event mode is one of the most horrible implementations of an idea I've ever seen. Whoever was in charge of that should be ashamed :(

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By FUN

I play Phoenix a lot, and I (and pretty much every other Phoenix player) thinks Dark Phoenix with X-Factor is too powerful.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By TwilitEnd656

X-factor untouched? I figured they'd get on that quickly... I mean, keep it there, it's fine with the negated chip damage, rapid cancel (whoa, talking Blazblue now) and such, but that damage boost(!) is just ridiculous; it changes x-factor from a tool used to alter the momentum to an instant "get out of trouble quick" panic button.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By BBQBram

X-Factor needs to stay, whatever happens. This shit is what makes fighting games fun, the unexpected carnage card that you can play at any time. Both players have it, and you can still play smart and avoid almost all set-ups and wait for it to tick out. Nerfing individual characters (within reason) or scaling their specific X-Factor buffs down is fine, just KEEP X-FACTOR IN THE GAME. I'm preaching to the choir though, Capcom loves it as much as I do.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Dallas_Raines
    @BBQBram:  

Dude, the hardcore fighting game fans don't give a shit about fun things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.