Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Official Team/Character Discussion Thread

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#201  Edited By benpack

I'm sticking with sent. His level 3 X-Factor is just too godlike.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#202  Edited By ricetopher
    BlueBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By BlueBlazer
    @ricetopher: That was my team week 1. I used Deadpool/Chris/Haggar. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So my main team is Wesker, Wolverine and one of Taskmaster or Iron Man (occasionally both and take Wolverine out).  I'm looking to learn a new character, and I'd say my biggest issue is dealing with air, specifically Morrigan.  Right now I use Taskmaster to try and shoot her out of the air, but it's been an uphill fight.  Who should I look into as a Morrigan/flyer counter?  Right now the only mandatory part of my construction is Wesker.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By benpack

Alright. So I keep running into one of the top ranked guys oonline. He's like 2000-300. His team is Magneto on point, with Sent drones and Haggar lariat. I've gotten him down to Sent Haggar but he's handily beaten me at least a dozen times. He falls back and spams disruptor and drones, and if you get close he uses the Magneto blast ult thing and if you manage to make contact he has the lariat to lead into a combo where he puts you back into the corner. Ideas?

BlueBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By BlueBlazer
    @GlenTennis: Bait the haggar assist and punish it. 
    Chaossebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By Chaossebba

Wesker/Chunli/Taskmaster - Team MeleeMasters with slight range options.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By benpack
    @Chaossebba said:
    " Wesker/Chunli/Taskmaster - Team MeleeMasters with slight range options. "
    Why Chun 2nd instead of anchor? Isn't her X-Factor godlike?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#209  Edited By JJOR64

I have a question for you sexy stud muffins in here who are better then me at this game.

What is Wolverine's best assist?  Right now I'm using Y, but I figured that probably isn't the best one.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#210  Edited By ricetopher
    @JJOR64: I don't think any of his assists are particularly great, Wolvie is best on point. None of his assists do anything particularly major like OTG, so I don't think assist choice matters. Maybe Berserker Slash, since I don't think Tornado Claw has invincibility to make it a viable AA assist.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#211  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @JJOR64: Berserker Slash since it will crossup at the right range making it hard to punish Wolverine assist. I've actually had Wolverine's assist crossup my friend's Ryu just as he's about to shoot a Shinku Hadoken but that's like 1/200. Tornado Claw is a garbage AA and Berserker Barrage doesn't have enough active frames to make it useful for most crossup/teleport setups from characters Like Zero and Wesker.

But yeah, Wolverine is pointless as an assist.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#212  Edited By killroycantkill

I offically know what it's like to be a tier whore now. In other fighting games I usually pick the guy I like playing and he/she is not so good. But now in MvC3 there's no avoiding my team of Dante, Wesker, She-Hulk is mega tier. They may only work OK together but I love fighting with all the them. You may now berate me for my top tier picks.

rlhyeung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#213  Edited By rlhyeung

Who cares about tier whoring! As long as you're having fun! :D 

I'm having a bit of trouble thinking about team synergy, and I was wondering if any of you guys had any thoughts. I'm trying out a team of Wolverine / Zero / Wesker, and each character is pretty darn good as an individual. As a team, Wolverine and Zero can DHC trick (I think) with each other with both configurations (Wolverine into Zero, and vice versa). However, I think the team is seriously lacking in assists, particularly a good get off me assist and/or cover assist. Right now I have Wolverine: Berserker Slash, Zero: Shippuga, and Wesker: Samurai Edge. Is this team hopeless, or are there tweaks in the configuration / strategies I'm over-looking. 

Majinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#214  Edited By Majinken

So, I've been rocking a Dante, Dormammu, Tron team and I'm starting to accept it as my "Main Team." I'm liking it so far, with Dante rocking the combos and keeping them guessing, Dormammu totally controlling space and having a sick DHC, and Tron is just ridiculous with her health and Gustaff Fire assist + some easy combos. As far as them working well together... I dunno. With Dormammu in 2nd I never have to worry about whiffing DHC, and having the Tron assist in the back gives him some cover. I'm just musing to myself, though I'll probably lurk some more later and see if anyone has experience/advice with/for this team. They're popular characters, but I don't know as I've ever seen them used together.

UPDATE: I'm finding it much easier to scrub it out with Taskmaster instead of Dante. D: Looks like people are starting to realize how ridiculous Dormammu can be in tournaments...

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215  Edited By FUN

I know these two characters have been getting a lot of hate and are called boring now, but Wolverine and Phoenix are pretty much the two characters keeping me on this game, lol

HATERS GONNA HATE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.