Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

So I played as an Adept because the weapons suck...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

But it seems that the weapons have much more of a kick to them, so, did they say that you will change classes if you import your save or lose a bonus?
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cornman89

You can change your class and appearance when importing a save. As for bonuses, I don't see why changing classes would affect that in any way, so I think you're safe.

genkobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By genkobar

The bonuses come whether you change your class or not, so I don't think they'll be class-specific. They'll probably have to do with experience, accuracy or something like that.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moridin

You can completely remake your Shepard when importing. You will receive bonuses based on your level, Paragon/Renegade points, and the credits you had.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VanTesla
    @Kenobi:
    If you import you can change class and depending on the level you where at in the first game and missions you did you will gain starting bonuses like a bit of cash, exp, etc.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I hope the high level import doesn't make the game too easy otherwise it might be more challenging to start from scratch.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thehexeditor

ME2's adept is awesome. dont abandon it just because it can't use shotguns/sniper/assault rifles... a bit later in the game you can pick one bonus weapon type to be able to use
    Also, i find the SMG is a nice substitute for the assault rifle in terms of feel, though the range/accuracy is more lacking (though biotic range is really far; warp to soften them up and then unleash hell via shockwave, pull, lift, etc etc)

vonsoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By vonsoot

You can pick a different weapon "Advanced Specialization" as well mid-game. So it doens't matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.