Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

What would you like to see in ME2?

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By freezerr

What changes or additions would you like to see for Mass Effect 2? I just finished my first play-through of the first game and a few things struck me:

-Co-op in which a 2nd player could play as one of the sidekicks. (Wrex, Ashley, etc)
    -substantial DLC. I would definitely pay for a campaign in which you could play as a member of one of the alien races.

-the ability to sort items by kind when you're selling to the merchant.
    -more accurate tags on dialogue options. Often, I found them misleading.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Co-op was rumored before from leaked info a while back...no idea if it will happen or not. They would need to balance how many players the co-op could be with the characters already in the game, because obviously in co-op the people playing with you would want to play with their characters...not as someone from the game already.

It doesn't really matter what I would like to see in ME2, I have an idea of what I am going to see already, and I'm sure its correct. We'll get a continuation of the narrative, and roughly other than that the same exact game we played 2 years ago.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

more sex

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Play as your teammates. It would be cool to see wrex just leave for a mission on his own.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The only thing I really need is a better inventory system because the current one in Mass Effect is broken as hell.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

Change up the control a little:

The B button is for cover, and the X button for melee.
    I wouldn't mind some pure melee weapons, either.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Blue titties.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sex with Wrex

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

A stable framerate?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better shooting. No vehicles.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ht101

I would like to see a new inventory system that is easier to sort through and see your new items and just for them to fix some of the frame rate issues.  There is not much that I would change because it's an excellent game with just a few miscues.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By KingOfIceland

aside from the obvious "Make the game work and play better" here's what I want:

- NO CO-OP! go play Gears or Halo for that, I think co-op in huge, long RPG's like Mass Effect is unnecessary and useless, so don't waste time and money on that.
    - Character specific "special" weapons. Take off all the weapons you and your allies are not trained to use and throw on special weapons e.g. Give Wrex a grenade launcher or Garus a high-powered sniper rifle.
    - A better look at the world besides just reading the codex stuff. Although I read all that stuff and found it captivating I want to see some of it in aktion pl0x, especially the quarians and the flotilla

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By maxszy
    • MAKO CONTROLS! Those seriously need fixing. I hated that thing with a passion. So hopefully they work on that.
    • Longer narrative. Though Mass Effect's narrative wasn't really short and was done greatly, I always like a longer story.
    • Better inventory. I heard they fixed it on the PC version and if so, lets go with something like that then.
    • More variety in side quest missions and/or planets.
    • No more texture popping, load times reduced etc. Those things didn't actually bother me on my first play through, but by my 3rd and 4th, yeah it was a bit annoying. The load times particularly.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Karmum
    freezerr said:
    "What changes or additions would you like to see for Mass Effect 2? I just finished my first play-through of the first game and a few things struck me:-Co-op in which a 2nd player could play as one of the sidekicks. (Wrex, Ashley, etc)-substantial DLC. I would definitely pay for a campaign in which you could play as a member of one of the alien races.-the ability to sort items by kind when you're selling to the merchant.-more accurate tags on dialogue options. Often, I found them misleading."
    Co-op in general would be fine, with another created character.
    Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Big_D

It come to the PS3

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
    Maxszy said:
    MAKO CONTROLS! Those seriously need fixing. I hated that thing with a passion. So hopefully they work on that.Longer narrative. ... [more]
    Mako controls are fine..

LiveOrDie1212 said:
    more sex [more]

This! AND HAWTER SEX!
    cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cc23574

-Better inventory system
    -NOOO ELEVATORSSS
    -Mako controls
    -More variety in sidequest
    -more variety in the optional planets
    -more and better sex.

The first was one is still a great game though, one of my favorite games this gen.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheKidNixon

So here's the list I finally put together:

-More exploration of different corners of the Mass Effect universe. I know that Omega and Cerberus are primary parts of the storyline, and I hope they explore them in depth. I think the Reapers are interesting and all, but I want Shepard to be confronted with serious consequences to her actions, no matter what they are. This is how you make moral choices interesting: have your choices have serious consequences in the world, and that no matter what you do, things aren't always going to go right. The last decision of Mass Effect handled this beautifully, and I'm hoping for more of that.
    -Varied team members. Though, between Thane and this mysterious "Clint Eastwood" Salarian, I think we're going to be fine on that front.
    -Interesting side-missions. The biggest let down of the first game, how boring these got and how quickly. Here's hoping they mix that up and make me want to go off on tangents, not resent them for being necessary.
    -Seamless integration with past saved games. I have multiple game saves from the previous game; I expect those to each be significantly different in their representation in the new Mass Effect. Give me reasons to play it multiple times again.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Mrnitropb

Im stoked to hear about a heavy weapons class, as that is turning into my biggest peeve with my current Insane Lvl 60 play though, of shooting dudes for three minutes with maxed assault rifles. Its becoming tedious. So would like the weapons to climb even higher up the power ladder, and more add on options.

Race/class specific weapon unlocks. Dual weild pistols or scope or burst fire, cryo-heat shield or wicked bad bayonet or double barrels for shotguns, afor mentioned grenade launcher or scope or silencer for assault rifles, and silencer or exploding multi-purpose ammo or heat cro thing.  You could further tailor your weapons to your perfered play style. Sneaky, or laying down lead, or blowing stuff up.

Better melee options.

Upgrade options for the Mako, or whatever replaces it. Not to have it nerfed at the begining, but to have a tree of upgrades to expand its usefullness. Er... make it useful.  Something like Guided Rocket pods would really help with ground combat. Like a ton.

Make it so I'm glad I played through with MY Sheperd three times, but double check with me wich choices it picks up on.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Longer story and not bland planets. I stopped exploring planets after the third or fourth one. Put some alien wildlife on them or forests or something.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By DrRandle

Godzillas. That's right. Plural.

I would also accept the Cloverfield Monster.

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By shulinchung

1. The elimination of disguised load time......and the elimination of load time.
    2. Players can actually pilot their own ship like a space sim. So the space feels like a true world, and the planets feels like individual cities/dungeons in fallout 3 or Oblivion, instead of a map with some teleport dot.
    3. Fleet to fleet combat and space dog fight!
    4. More action options, they wasted 2 button for drawing and holster weapon in the first game.
    5. A better interface for team/item management.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai
    shulinchung said:
    1. The elimination of disguised load time......and the elimination of load time.2. Players can actually pilot their own ship like ... [more]
    1. Possible.
    2. Maybe, though very unlikely, See #3. In interviews I seen so far, Bioware said that they will raise the quality of the side missions. 
    3. Casey Hudson Already confirmed on Game Trailers that space combat will not  be a gameplay element in Mass Effect 2 but it is a planed feature for Mass Effect 3.
    4. I am sure Bioware has done their homework and I can't wait to see how they will streamline the controllers for a smoother combat experience. 
    5. Very likely. they already did that for the pc version of Mass Effect and I am sure they will apply that for the console version Mass Effect 2. 

Personally for me I would like them to:
    A. stabilize the framerate.
    B. Streamline the inventory system.
    C. Improve the AI.
    D. Have a TMDS for the Mako. TMDS = "Thrasher Maw Detection System" 

I have feeling that Mass Effect 2 will be to first game what was Godfather 2 to the first movie, a masterpiece. 
    Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.  More repercussions for choosing Renegade or Paragon.  One of my favorite parts of KOTORII, which I realize was developed by Obsidian, was seeing how my actions not only affected dialogue trees and how NPC's reacted to my actions, but how my decision affected the decisions and morality of my party.  Characters would join or leave the party depending on my actions or In ME, and change the allegiances depending on how close of a relationship I developed with them.   I felt there that there were almost no consequences to choosing one action over another throughout the majority of the game that affected the world or the party.  I want the world to change in the wake of my actions, and not just at two key points in the game.  

2.  More aggressive biotics. 
    The biotic powers, even after being fully upgraded, felt pretty benign.  Knocking enemies over and making them float in the air never seemed that impressive.  Im not looking for chain lightning, but something a little more vicious would have been preferable, especially if thats your style of play.  I was ultimately disappointed that I chose the Vanguard class at when I realized this.

3.  Less of a penalty for using non-specialized weapons.  Most rpgs have weapon and armor restrictions based on class, but it just seemed ridiculous that my character, a vanguard and supposedly one of the human race's most elite commandos, finds it nearly impossible to use an assault rife and is completely inadequate when using a sniper rifle.  I like the idea of class based perks and handicaps, but this just seemed too severe.  

4.  Thrusters on the back of the Mako.
      I didnt mind driving the Mako at all, but the thrusters on the bottom were all but useless.  Id rather have them on the back of the Mako or at least be able to change the direction in which they fire  so I could use them to get up steep climbs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.