Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Another Bioware employee attacked on twitter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Mass Effect series producer Mike Gamble posted on twitter that he had a hard day working on future Mass Effect 3 content, and was attacked by tons of people similar to how Jennifer Helper was attacked.

Oh internet.. you so stupid.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

Cool story, bro. Got a link, or what?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60

@Napalm: His twitter account? I dunno.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BonOrbitz

@CL60: Why was he being attacked? Is this just the typical Bioware/ME3 hate that we've been hearing or is it something else?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

Interestingly the Bioware social site has a pretty big message at the top of the page saying they have updated their policy so any personal attacks will result in a ban. I support them.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @CL60 said:

Well that makes this topic fairly useless if you don't have any concrete information. 

"I HEARD SOMEGUY GOT ATTACKED DUNNO WHO DISCUSS."
    spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spartanlolz92

poor dude

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

And the gaming community actually wants more respect. Ha! As if these kinds of assholes deserve it.

Critics don't internet bomb Michael Bay every time he makes a Transformers movie, do they? They don't chase him down and express their discontentedness, do they? So why on Earth must we gamers do this shit?

If you don't think that Mass Effect 3 is a good game, then don't buy it. That simple. Being a cunt only makes those of us that actually try to illustrate gamers as good people look like cunts. And I don't like being labeled that way.

Before this rambles on too long, I'll end by saying: Stop this shit, goddamn it!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Oh no, people saying nasty things on the internet.

Call the authorities.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

@believer258 said:

And the gaming community actually wants more respect. Ha! As if these kinds of assholes deserve it.

Critics don't internet bomb Michael Bay every time he makes a Transformers movie, do they? They don't chase him down and express their discontentedness, do they? So why on Earth must we gamers do this shit?

If you don't think that Mass Effect 3 is a good game, then don't buy it. That simple. Being a cunt only makes those of us that actually try to illustrate gamers as good people look like cunts. And I don't like being labeled that way.

Before this rambles on too long, I'll end by saying: Stop this shit, goddamn it!

Yes, actually, people do piss all over Michael Bay because he makes another Transformer movie.

http://www.screened.com/news/our-long-national-nightmare-continues-michael-bay-confirmed-for-transformers-4/3447/

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimbo

It would be more newsworthy if somebody didn't get insulted on the internet.

@CL60 said:

Jennifer Helper

Sick burn.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm
    @CL60 said:

@Napalm said:

@CL60 said:

Well that makes this topic fairly useless if you don't have any concrete information. "I HEARD SOMEGUY GOT ATTACKED DUNNO WHO DISCUSS."

Take 2 seconds and google it? I just did and got his twitter account and an article about it.

http://beefjack.com/news/mass-effect-producer-comes-under-fire-on-twitter/

Which you should have done yourself if you're going to start a topic about the incident? How does that not make sense for you to post context?
    Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Simplexity

People saying mean things over the internet? Well I for one am shocked.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I hope these words don't inflict any physical damage.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SSValis

It's only a story if he was attacked physically on Twitter

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By uniform

Just some white dude? Borring. That's not news. Is he at least gay? Can we spin this as a gamers hate gay developers story? Misogyny has run its course, we need something new!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BonOrbitz

It's not what you say. It's how you say it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dagbiker

@uniform said:

Just some white dude? Borring. That's not news. Is he at least gay? Can we spin this as a gamers hate gay developers story? Misogyny has run its course, we need something new!

Maybe hes fat.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@CL60: You seem really lazy, not even bothering to post a link. Do you work for Bioware?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo
    "Another (who later apologised for his outburst) said: “Very disappointed in the ME3 endings.”"

HOLY SHIT GUYS
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dagbiker

@Jimbo said:

"Another (who later apologised for his outburst) said: “Very disappointed in the ME3 endings.”" HOLY SHIT GUYS

Oh, shit, now its getting personal.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hamz

If you're going to post a topic then provide discussion value. If you can't take that step then don't create the topic.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Jimbo said:

"Another (who later apologised for his outburst) said: “Very disappointed in the ME3 endings.”" HOLY SHIT GUYS

Yep.

Also, FUCK! C'mon Bioware, stop acting like you're some kind of fucking victim just because people are expressing an opinion. When did "hey Hamburger Helper your stories are really bad" become "HURR DURR FUCKING FAT CUNT WOMAN MAEK ME SANDWICH" and when did "Hey Mike guy I was disappointed in your game" become "YO MIKE IMMA SHOOT YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE"

Stop being fucking retards!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Jimbo said:

Yep.

Also, FUCK! C'mon Bioware, stop acting like you're some kind of fucking victim just because people are expressing an opinion. When did "hey Hamburger Helper your stories are really bad" become "HURR DURR FUCKING FAT CUNT WOMAN MAEK ME SANDWICH" and when did "Hey Mike guy I was disappointed in your game" become "YO MIKE IMMA SHOOT YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE"

Looking at a couple of the comments and taking that as the only things that were said is silly.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I hope they didn't hurt his feelings

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vodun

@believer258 said:

Ummm, critics? I'm fairly sure these are just regular punters...and I'm very sure Bay gets a lot of angry e-mails and shit like that as well.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jimbo
    @CL60 said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Jimbo said:

Yep.

Looking at a couple of the comments and taking that as the only things that were said is silly.

It's one of the comments being reported as newsworthy by your source. Which it isn't, of course. None of the other comments in the article you linked are personal attacks either.

If you have a case to make then make it.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CL60

@Jimbo said:

@CL60 said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Jimbo said:

Yep.

It's one of the comments being reported as newsworthy by your source. Which it isn't, of course. None of the other comments in the article you linked are personal attacks either. If you have a case to make then make it.

Calm down. Jeez. I'll get the topic locked if it offends you that much. I just thought it was funny that the internet keeps raging at Bioware employees on twitter.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BrockNRolla

I think maybe Bioware should go a bit more quiet for a while. They aren't the incredible studio we might have thought they were at one time, and they don't need to be sounding off all the time about their ideas and goings on, because frankly, who cares? That being said, people need to grow up and stop being so spiteful all the time. I don't get it.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By VoshiNova

@Napalm said:

@CL60 said:

Well that makes this topic fairly useless if you don't have any concrete information. "I HEARD SOMEGUY GOT ATTACKED DUNNO WHO DISCUSS."

@Napalm said:

Cool story, bro. Got a link, or what?

@GunslingerPanda said:

@CL60: You seem really lazy, not even bothering to post a link. Do you work for Bioware?

I picked the wrong side.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jimbo
    @CL60 said:

@Jimbo said:

@CL60 said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Jimbo said:

Yep.

It's one of the comments being reported as newsworthy by your source. Which it isn't, of course. None of the other comments in the article you linked are personal attacks either. If you have a case to make then make it.

Calm down. Jeez. I'll get the topic locked if it offends you that much. I just thought it was funny that the internet keeps raging at Bioware employees on twitter.

I don't want you to lock it, I want you to stop being so mindlessly fanatical in your defence of Bioware, to the point where you'll happily conflate (what appears to be) legit criticism with unacceptable personal attacks. I don't think a hysterical knee-jerk reaction every time somebody slates Bioware is particularly helpful.

It is funny that the internet keeps raging at Bioware employees on twitter though, that much is true.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hamz

@CL60 said:

@Jimbo said:

@CL60 said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Jimbo said:

Yep.

I'm going to save you the hassle of messaging the mod team and lock this down now. While I appreciate you wanted to make a topic about the internet drama surrounding BioWare and it's employee's over twitter you didn't get off to a great start with your OP and people being people on the internet are going to call you out on that. Rather than let this divulge into five or more pages of bickering, arguing and general slandering I'll lock it now.

Lets all hug it out...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.