Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Help ease my mind - ME3 load screen freezing

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

So I'm hoping this isn't just me - does anyone else once in a while experience a complete system freeze when you're at the loading screen. You can tell right away as the little disc icon stops spinning. This is a relatively new 360 and I haven't had any issues for the first several hours or so but now I seem to experience it once per session. Anyone else experiencing this or am I looking at a cool new 360 purchase in the foreseeable future?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Happened 3 times to me. I was worried the first time cause the Saving icon was in the bottom corner but it didn't fuck up anything when I restarted my 360 so...

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Yeah, it happens. My 360 is like a year and a half old, I think, and it's the 360 S one. Both discs installed and it has happened to me twice.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

2 times to me.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Novyx

Have had it happen fairly often. Do you have a Kinect plugged in? Mine liked to freeze at the shooting range quite often. Have not had it happen since I unplugged my Kinect. Not certain that fixed it, to be clear; just hasn't happened again in ~5 hours play. Still froze once in Multi.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

@Novyx: Don't have a Kinect but it's the new 250gb S that I completely love after using the old 20gb Launch model for the longest time.

Although it's not good that this issue exists - I'm happy I'm not the only one affected by it.

For me it happened once on the citadel, once in multiplayer and once when I died and was reloading a save. This is over 20+ hours of gameplay but still.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Humanity said:

So I'm hoping this isn't just me - does anyone else once in a while experience a complete system freeze when you're at the loading screen. You can tell right away as the little disc icon stops spinning. This is a relatively new 360 and I haven't had any issues for the first several hours or so but now I seem to experience it once per session. Anyone else experiencing this or am I looking at a cool new 360 purchase in the foreseeable future?

Absolutely. I found a few times though that after I waited for 30 seconds or so it would actually kick back in. Not always, but sometimes. Pretty disheartening though if you've been playing for a while or are right in the middle of something that doesn't get saved.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Novyx

@Humanity: Yeah, that's way less than mine, so I feel the kinect must be increasing the rate. Seems to happen more the longer I play, but I had times that it was locking 2-3 times in an hour, and other times it'd go 5 without a lock. The shooting range was most consistent. Mine's a 4GB with a 320GB HDD. Both disks installed.

Mb246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mb246

Happened to me twice in my 30hr play through (on the PS3 by the way).

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By heavyplay

Happened to me a few times. Each time, it was the loading screen between the Spectre office and the shooting range that froze.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Happened once, during Thessia when the big flying dude 1shotted me when he came out of nowhere.
    Also seem to have lost all my credits when I restarted my xbox and reloaded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.