Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Need help allocating powers

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I rarely buy new powers from the Normandy med bay because eventually I lose one I want to keep and sometimes can't get it back.

Is there a way you can choose which power is removed once you reach the full amount and want to swap it for a new one?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Your class powers are fixed. Any time you learn a new squad member power from the Normandy, the previous squad member power you had will be deleted.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previous meaning bottom one on the list?

That really sucks. They make it easier to customize your appearance than your powers. I can understand having to stick with a class after initially choosing, but it they're going to let you pick from several powers to add, they should let you choose which one you want to remove.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle

Ohhh yes I remember getting confused with that too, think I just stuck with my own version of Tali's Chatika.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Well, you're not really removing a power, just swapping your bonus power.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MezZa

Yeah you don't lose anything by doing this. You just get a bonus power, and you can switch what that bonus power is at any time you want. The only condition is you can only have one bonus power at a time. Your class powers are separate from this and won't be affected.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Frag_Maniac

Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying. That makes sense then.

I picked Vanguard and I'm not even sure it was a good way to go. I've played on Insanity before but this will be the first time doing it with the Citadel DLC. The Shepard clone mission can be a pain.

I've only equipped an assault rifle and SMG, the latter with weight mod, so I recharge fairly fast, but Biotic Charge really drains you and leaves you point blank and the invulnerability doesn't last very long.

Thus far I've been using Carnage as a bonus power and don't really use Biotic Charge. I'm reluctant to get rid of Carnage, great for all ranges and powerful.

I may be OK if I choose my bonus power wisely for the final fight against Shepard's clone. The battle at Palaven was a lot easier than before when trying a fresh start on Insanity. The fast recharging really helped.

I have one more question regarding power use. I see people talking about the squad mates you pick playing into your recharge. Is this true? Does it make your powers recharge slower when you order a squad mate to use one of their own?

Reason I ask is if squad mate power orders DO slow your recharge, I may just use the general fire order more and let them choose themselves how they use their powers. It typically results in them using their powers more anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.