Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

which game import will you bring in for you 1st play through?

Sick_Sick_Sick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sick_Sick_Sick

So i Know it's ages off but this is something that will no doubt eat away at me for the next year as it did with mass effect 2 which game import to bring into me3 for my 1st play through. i ended up importing one of my 2nd or 3rd plays into me2 and always had a feeling in the back of my head that i should have imported the 1st play through where i did not know the outcome of all my actions.

So now i don't what to do about me3 do i go in with my 1st play through with half my crew dead or do i use my perfect run and feel like i'v cheated again

Am i insane or do the rest of you suffer this dilemma too?  also sorry if this is all super confusing

s

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

I have 4 characters, 2 females - 1 renegade, 1 paragon and 2 males, each paragon or renegade 

Im going to go through my paragon female. She didn't hook up with anyone and still has liara as a romance( haven't done Lair of the shadow broker yet) so I would like to see how they do the romance in the final game

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hexx462

I'm going to play Paragon Lady Shepard Vanguard, had the most fun with that character on my three play troughs.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

My renegade one.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dingofighter

When I get done with my ME1 playthrough on Insanity, I will use that character for ME2 and I suppose that will be the one I use for ME3 as well. 
    Now the only problem is I still have to finish my Krogan and Quarian ally achievement playthrough, then a Hardcore playthrough, and lastly the Insanity playthrough before I can move on to ME2... 
    Then there's the issue of playing through ME2 on Insanity, which I've heard gets pretty rough... I guess the good thing is I'll have plenty of Mass Effect to play until ME3 comes out.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By FreakAche

Paragon, male Shepard. Ashley is dead. Wrex is alive. The council was saved. Everyone survived the suicide mission, I did the Tali romance, and screwed over the Illusive Man.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gamefreak9
    @FreakAche:  
    How do make wrex survive? Is it only by importing a ME1 file?? If not what do you have to pick??
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stinky

played through ME2 about 3 times. 
    not because i really really loved the game play, but to get the story i wanted.  
     i got Mornith as a crew member, and i hope she features into ME3,  could be interesting. 

long story short, create the story you want to play, nothing to do with cheating.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FreakAche
    @gamefreak9: 
    Your decision to save or kill Wrex gets imported from Mass Effect 1. I'm not too sure about how the default options work in Mass Effect 2, because I've only played the game with an imported save, so I can't really help you there. Sorry.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dingofighter
    @gamefreak9 said:
    " @FreakAche:  How do make wrex survive? Is it only by importing a ME1 file?? If not what do you have to pick?? "
    Wrex is dead if you don't import an ME1 save file where you didn't kill him. 
    There's no way to get him back without a save file as far as I know.  
    If only there was a resurrection spell in Mass Effect...
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FreakAche
    @MaFoLu said:
    " @gamefreak9 said:
    " @FreakAche:  How do make wrex survive? Is it only by importing a ME1 file?? If not what do you have to pick?? "
    Wrex is dead if you don't import an ME1 save file where you didn't kill him. There's no way to get him back without a save file as far as I know.  If only there was a resurrection spell in Mass Effect... "
    Wow! That means that all the new fans that the PS3 release will bring, will experience a Wrex-less Mass Effect. That just seems wrong somehow.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dingofighter
    @FreakAche 
    Aren't they going to get an interactive comic/movie thing where they get to make all those major decisions though? I thought I heard something like that.
    If they just get a short movie explaining what happened in ME1, without getting to make any decisions, though. That would be pretty bad...
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By DoctorTran

I lost my first original playthrough so, right now I just gave up on my second playthrough so I can play through ME1. I needs mah Wrex and Rachni Queen.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Azteck

Gonna make a whole playthrough of all the games to get the whole thing. It'll be awesome.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By benjaebe

Male Paragon w/ Ashley romance. Saved Wrex, spared Rachni, saved the council and nominated Anderson, blew up the collector ship, etc. I have a bunch of saves, but that's the one I did the first time I played through the game.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FreakAche
    @MaFoLu: Really? I hope that's true. I was afraid that because Mass Effect 3 was coming to the PS3, your actions in Mass Effect 1 would have little bearing on it, but if they give the PS3 users another way to make those same decisions that the 360 users made in ME1, then my fears may be unfounded.
    karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By karatetron

Renegade Male Shepard, with full crew alive, and wrex dead. First game romance was Ashley, second game was Tali.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bibledoctor

Paragon Male Shep, Ashley dead, full crew alive, Wrex alive, Council alive, Liara Love interest. That being said I have around ten different Shepards, i'll likely play them all in the sequel if given the chance.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aetheldod

First I will use my first ME2 play through which was my perfect femshep vanguard play through from ME1 , on the second playthrough I will use my first fem shep ME playthrough as a soldier , then my bad ass renegade male adept then whatever

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimbo

Dick Shepard (The Adventures Of):

Tiger1535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Tiger1535

My first import is going to be my renegade female shep who did every side quest in ME1 and in ME2 and kept everyone alive.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Femshep, Adept, Liara romance in first game and through Lair, Full crew survival, and a big fuck you to Cerberus.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Demyx

Gonna probably use my first or second. One romanced tali and the other romanced Liara and stayed with her. But once saved the collector ship and the other destroyed it.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By damswedon
    • Ladyshep
    • Alinement: 75ish% Paragon 25ish% Renagade
    • No Romance
    • Rachni : Alive
    • Left to Die:  Kaiden 
    • Wrex: Alive
    • Counsel: Alive
    • Counsellor: Anderson
    • Genophage: owned but not cured
    • Rogue Geth: Converted
    • Quarians: Told to colonise 
    • Base: Saved
    • Conrad Verner: Shot in the foot
    gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gamefreak9
    @FreakAche said:
    " @MaFoLu said:
    " @gamefreak9 said:
    Wrex is dead if you don't import an ME1 save file where you didn't kill him. There's no way to get him back without a save file as far as I know.  If only there was a resurrection spell in Mass Effect... "
    Wow! That means that all the new fans that the PS3 release will bring, will experience a Wrex-less Mass Effect. That just seems wrong somehow. "
    Hm well... i'm sure i can find a save file... ME1 was not fun for me... what happens with Wrex anyways?? Is he just sitting on the throne? Any nice extra dialogues??
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dingofighter
    @gamefreak9 said: 
    Hm well... i'm sure i can find a save file... ME1 was not fun for me... what happens with Wrex anyways?? Is he just sitting on the throne? Any nice extra dialogues?? "
    He pretty much just sits on his throne and there's different dialogue compared to if he's dead and there's another Krogan on the throne instead. I can't remember if there is any gameplay differences, but I don't think so, don't quote me on that though...  

I'm hoping the real impact comes in ME3 where you will get the Krogan's support much easier if Wrex is the Krogan leader, that is if you actually go around gathering an army to take on the reapers in ME3.  

Also, if you're playing ME2 on PC there's quite a lot of ME1 saves here: Mass Effect saves
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By fjordson

Shepard Prime for me is full paragon, all teammates alive at the end of ME 2, destroyed the collector base, Wrex alive, soldier class.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I am going to stay loyal to my original ME1 Shepard that I have imported to ME2, thank God I now have a perfect save.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jasta

I'm going to playthrough both the games again with all the DLC, so probably the outcome of that one.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Mrnitropb

I'm reallyhoping there is something like an xbox live/psn app that you can download and play to establish a new characte/world, and almost more importantly, remember what the hell you did with each save file.  
    Like a motion comic that runs through the stories and side missions breifly, getting you up to speed, and replaying what you did, or letting you choose A,B,C for a new character. 

I'd pre-order (actually probably will anyway) for an app like that. 

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'm going to replay one of my earlier saves so that I can finish the game with all characters (no casualties), go through all of the DLC and then import that one into Mass Effect 3. 

I'm so pumped for this...!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.