Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Super Deluxe Edition: Am I stupid for wanting to buy this?

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So, I don't really get all the hate about Mass Effect: Andromeda. It's really different to its predecessors, but I was still digging my time with the trial version. And being a huge fan of the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3, I'm very much looking forward to playing the multiplayer in Andromeda as well. Which is why I'm seriously considering buying the Super Deluxe Edition, which, as far as I know, is only available via Origin for the PC version of the game. It comes with 20 premium crates for the multiplayer, one of them a week, and taking into account that those really cost a lot of in-game credits, I think it could be a worthwhile purchase.

But is it really? Because then again, I could get the base game for as low a price as 47,99 €, while the Super Deluxe Edition would cost me 80,99 €. That's... a lot of money and at least one more game I could buy this month. But still... my finger is hovering over the "Purchase" button of the Super Deluxe Edition all the time.

So this is really just my way of asking: Am I stupid for wanting to buy this? If so, how stupid and why? By the way, my free "Origin Access" trial ends in little more than four hours and then the Super Deluxe Edition would get even more expensive, so if I don't buy it till then... well, then a decision is definitely made.

Thanks for helping me with this really important issue, which is not at all a first-world problem that I should feel ashamed for even bringing up. ;)

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I....Depends on what you want man? I have in the past bought a PC and Console versions or Physical and Digital just because I was super hyped for a game but either my pre-order didn't show up or I was traveling and said machine wasn't with me. Yeah, you could buy two games with that amount of money. My issue with ME3 was always their loot system. Overwatch isn't perfect, but I enjoy getting my crates and I have only ever bought one. Unless you think the Multiplayer economy is whack, go for it. Otherwise it's your call. Sure you get Loot but the game shouldn't make it impossible to get those drops.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, paying for crates in a game that isn't F2P or even multiplayer focused seems crazy, but that's just me.

Johnny_Sailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Johnny_Sailor

I mean it's your money. Do what you want with it. I personally never buy anything above the base game (except the Forza series), and almost never buy any DLC. That's my choice though, and I'd never really begrudge anyone wanting to buy whatever super ultimate version.

Edit: oh and for what it's worth, I'm not touching this game for several different reasons.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its stupid yes but its also the best value, i bought it.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. But whatever man, follow your stupid dreams! :D

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean, before you invest deep- wouldn't you want to see how strong the online playerbase ends up being? i'd hate to drop a bunch of $$ only to have the pc playerbase drop off like titanfall 2.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

it says super deluxe soo.. it is super deluxe. (but yes.. if anything just get the deluxe) :)

That said, people are enjoying the co-op multiplayer.. so maybe the super is worth it.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mean it's your money. Do what you want with it. I personally never buy anything above the base game (except the Forza series), and almost never buy any DLC. That's my choice though, and I'd never really begrudge anyone wanting to buy whatever super ultimate version.

Edit: oh and for what it's worth, I'm not touching this game for several different reasons.

I also did this for Forza Horizon 3 and didn't realize that the Ultimate Edition didn't even contain the real DLC for the game. That's a strange way of defining "ultimate". I didn't like that at all.

@rethla said:

Its stupid yes but its also the best value, i bought it.

We seem to speak the same language. ;)

i mean, before you invest deep- wouldn't you want to see how strong the online playerbase ends up being? i'd hate to drop a bunch of $$ only to have the pc playerbase drop off like titanfall 2.

I honestly can't imagine that happening with a Mass Effect game, considering how strong the online playerbase was in ME3. But stranger things have happened.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bybeach

It's your money. If there is some kind of education that comes out of it, like you really enjoyed it, or something else proved to be greater value to you, so be it. It is wise though to ask yourself about the allocation of monies certainly, because some kind of greater need could have been foreseen or allowed for. I myself have deeply considered, and for the time being, rejected upgrading my home theater receiver and speakers, because I have what I need already (meeting a standard) considering I have a goal in another area that could use more allocation.

Except for once (Call of Pripyat) did I buy deluxe, but it only cost me 45.00us.

Oh yeah, last of the Halo trilogy also. It didn't mean much to me in the long run, there, but I was caught up in the hype. Enjoyed the game, though

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far be it for me to call anybody stupid for buying something they want, but man...don't do it!

I paid 47$ for the standard game, and am kinda regretting it already(as far as single player goes). They basically took all the bad stuff from Mass effect 1 and 2 (Mako, and Planet scanning) and made them even worse lol. Forget the wonky animations, mediocre story, and questionable voice acting....the planet scanning and traversal animation is sooo fucking long and tedious. Holy shit man, just clicking to scan a planet in a system you are in already takes damn near a minute just to do some over the top animation and get 1 fucking resource. The nomad is so fucking slow and terrible to drive and i still have no idea what it can actual get over, ughh

don't do it man, don't! If you buy it, buy cheap.

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and its because of the way EA will dole out the super deluxe packs. You get 1 per week for 20 weeks. With thew way EA did this with Ultimate Team, if you missed a week you wouldn't get that pack. So if you know for sure that you'll be able to sign in and not miss a pack then it might be worth it? Or you could buy $30 of in game currency and do it that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.