Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

EA Giving Medal of Honor a Break, Delays Fuse

• 113 results
    wchue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By wchue

I think we could do with one less shooter in general...

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By uhtaree

Wow Fuse looks generic as can be.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By YOU_DIED

@spilledmilkfactory said:

@Microshock said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Ugh, a Battlefield 4 sounds dreadful.

I don't have much hope for it. Battlefield 3 took all the teamwork out of Battlefield. It was a glorified re-skinned COD with vehicles. Fuck that noise. They ruined it. Voice chat GONE. Commander and RTS overlay? GONE. 6 player squads? GONE.

Totally agree. Battlefield 3 ruined almost everything I liked about both the core games and the Bad Company spinoffs, and while listening to Vinny talk about squadding up with his family on the Bombcast makes me want to be optimistic for a fourth title, I'm really not. I'd rather see a Bad Company 3, although either way it'd probably be all CoD-ed up. EA/DICE have a lot of backtracking to do with that series.

@Giantstalker said:

I wonder how many people actually played Warfighter here. In my experience, it really wasn't a terrible game at all. In fact, I'd dare to say I even had some fun with it. Not as good as Battlefield 3, but still, a decent infantry-focused shooter. The multiplayer was pretty enjoyable, actually.

There's no doubt that the market was over saturated, though, and that the game couldn't find any nice or specialty to call its own. As propagandist as Moore's statements were, I actually find myself agreeing with him in one way: critics were comically harsh on what was otherwise a solid shooter.

Also, the old Fuse (Overstrike?) looked like ass, and I'm glad that they're paying attention to that fact. Taking the time to visually & mechanically polish the game is a smart choice.

I played the game on that GameSpot live streaming event they did like a month before launch, and ended up on the winning squad. I had a blast, but it was mostly due to the intense cooperation and the fact that we were all right there next to each other shouting out orders. Removed from that context, the multiplayer was still pretty fun, but felt a little restricted by how closely they wanted to hew to the CoD formula. That, and I found the game to be glitchy as hell on PC.

Am I the only person who wanted to go back to Bad Company 2/Vietnam after playing Battlefield 3? I'm not sure I can identify why, but I had a lot more fun with that game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@YOU_DIED said:

Am I the only person who wanted to go back to Bad Company 2/Vietnam after playing Battlefield 3? I'm not sure I can identify why, but I had a lot more fun with that game.

I definitely liked BC 2 more than Battlefield 3. Played BC 2 WAY more.

But I just finally got a PC and I'm still interested to try the real version of BF 3 there. Still, on a consoles it wasn't even really close.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By BigBoss1911

I don't think Iv bought or even rented a MOH game since Frontlines.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By TheHBK
    This didn't resonate with gamers?
    This didn't resonate with gamers?

EA is straight up delusional.

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GunsAreDrawn

They should just send the entire team that made Medal of Honor over to DICE to ensure that they don't release Battlefield 4 in a similairly unfinished state that Battlefield 3 was released in, which it still is.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By GERALTITUDE

When it gets heaven, to St. Peter it will tell, One more Medal of Honor reporting in sir, I've served my time in hell.

RIP. Until, uh, 2015?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By WickedCobra03

It needed a break after the Medal of Honor: Linkin Park edition (the 2010 reboot). You could see they were starting to chase CoD, & now that it hasn't worked over the span of the last 2 games, now they are going back to reconsider their direction going forward.

greyfoxv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By greyfoxv1

Peter Moore really comes off as the worst kind of marketing shill.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By Sooty

R.I.P. Battlefield, and shortly after DICE.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#112  Edited By monkeyking1969

I just want MOH to center on the basics again. I'm not saying make the game the old way, used modern game techniques, but get back to the spirit of the series. That 'spirit' seemed to be to center center around a 'personal story'.

The last game, Warfighter, was gritty and realistic in parts, but wasn't a story. For a story to be a story, it must consist of a character being changed by events. It is not enough for characters to exist or events to occur to or around them. Those are not stories; they are merely characters and situations. They may be attention-grabbing situations with compelling characters thinking and saying interesting things, but they are just situations.

Someone please tell me the story arcs of Mother, Preacher, and Voodoo? You can't the didn't have arcs, they were characters around which stuff happened.

My advice to the good people making the next game - HAVE A STORY. Look at what you have now, if your main character has no arc or makes no change, then fix that. The litmus test for story is not hard, but most games fail because they never close off the circle of a story.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By MikkaQ

@Deusoma said:

@KittyVonDoom said:
    We’ll likely see Medal of Honour again, but probably not as a near-future military shooter (I hope) of the last two games. Medal of Honour: Warfighter was hardly the worst shooter ever, but its obvious mediocrity, combined with a botched and heavily scrutinized PR campaign, doomed the game. Good games have enough trouble these days

'Obvious mediocrity' he wrote, with a look of absolute disdain on his face.

"Absolute disdain" she wrote, with a look of smug superiority on her face. See how that feels? :P

"See how that feels? :p" they wrote, with their tongue sticking out, like a dog trying to cool off.

I don't know where I was going with that, but I felt the need to continue the chain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.