Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

Medal of Honor Q&A Posted By EA

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jkz

Remember that trailer from the VGAs? Eh? Well EA posted up this Q&A on what they showed in the trailer. Nothing really groundbreaking here, but  some of the info, such as the fact that its 100% in-game, is kind of interesting. You guys skeptical of the new MoH, or are you giving it the benefit of the doubt for now?

Greg Goodrich, the Executive Producer on Medal of Honor, has provided answers to community questions regarding the Medal of Honor trailer.

Q: Is that all gameplay footage throughout the trailer?
    A:  Yep, the trailer is 100% in-game footage.

Q: Where is the “bearded guy” that is on the box cover?  I don’t believe I saw him in the trailer.
    A:  You are correct. The character on our box cover was not featured in our first trailer. But I can confirm that he is indeed a character in our game and will be revealed (along with his highly skilled and very specialized Tier 1 unit) in the near future.

Q: What exactly is a Tier 1 Operator? And what do they do?
    A: Tier 1 is a category. It is not a unit designation or a name given to a specific task force. It is a term that is used to describe the level at which these operators perform and function. It also refers to their place within the national command structure. The term “Tier 1” can also be used to describe a specific unit’s ability to carry out missions that require the most highly skilled, proficient and disciplined group of warriors within the U.S. Special Operations Community. There are only a handful of units within the U.S. Government that are considered Tier 1. We have been given the rare opportunity to work closely with members of these units during the development of Medal of Honor.

Q: There was an ATV and a helicopter scene in the trailer. Can we expect to see some vehicular gameplay?
    A:  That is the plan. At minimum, you can expect the ones that you saw in the trailer ;-)

Q: The ending scene with the guy with a bomb attached to him gave me chills. Can we expect this darker feel/tone throughout the game?
    A:  This will be the very first (M) rated Medal of Honor. However, we will always be grounded by our core tenets of authenticity and respect for the soldier.

Q: There are some doors that get kicked in during the trailer. Can we expect breach and clear gameplay?
    A: The player can do many cool things in the game, and kicking in doors is certainly one of them!

Q: Are you keeping the PC community in mind for this game? Please don’t do just a simple port!
    A: We take the PC version of our game as seriously as we do any other version.

Q: How much of the game is based on real life, true events in Afghanistan?
    A: Medal of Honor is  “historical fiction” set against the backdrop of the current war in Afghanistan. Much like “Saving Private Ryan” is a fictional story told through the lens of a small band of characters during WWII.

^Taken from the EA MoH site

RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By RisingRaiden

I like :D 

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I don't know why Jeff hated on the trailer so much and thought it couldn't have been possible.  I mean it looked nice, real nice, but not impossible.

Looking forward to this one.  I think a more grounded modern combat shooter has its place and its appeal, especially with how off the deep end Modern Warfare 2 went with the story in the campaign and also all the shit in multiplayer (tactical knife, dual wield, running speed, etc).  I could use something new.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

i'm actually kind of interested in it. i'm looking forward to what they do. 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield

KICKING IN DOORS. GET HYPE.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Wait, there are people that didn't think that the trailer was in-game quality?  Seriously?  This isn't Killzone 2, people.  It's a Medal of Honor game.  There wasn't anything ZOMG impressive about that trailer's graphics that go beyond many other games.  Maybe I should watch it again, though.  =  / 

As for the rest...doesn't give me any form of hype for the game.  I remember how the talk around Airborne and European Assault was like this...getting people hyped up for it...and then *pfffffffft*...shit on the floor. 

I'd like to think that DICE will give this game at LEAST a decent multiplayer, but man...I just can't get hyped for this.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dbz1995

I hope this game is good-medal of honour deserve it.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By nrain

may have been in game but I bet it was still on a sooped up PC. If it can do that on my xbox then I will be very impresed.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Rayfield
     @jakob187 said:

" but man...I just can't get hyped for this. "

@Rayfield said:

"KICKING IN DOORS. GET HYPE. "

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

My biggest worry with this is they'll focus too much on trying to make this a game that dethrones MW2 from the top spot of the shooter genre instead of trying to make it a game that breathes fresh life into the somewhat stale Medal of Honour series. Right now people don't need another game that does what MW2 did, we need something that will be enjoyable and fun to play alongside MW2. The quicker developers learn to stop trying to make players choose between their upcoming game and the current leading competitor the better.

As for everyone picking holes at the trailer, it may not have been a 360 version of the game the trailer was running on. But could have very well been a PC or PS3 version of the game instead. Just because the 360 is predominantly the platform most reveal trailers show the game running on doesn't mean this trailer was :)

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Jimbo

Do cutscenes made using the engine really count as 'gameplay footage'?

There are spots which look too good to even be that.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

"This will be the very first (M) rated Medal of Honor. However, we will always be grounded by our core tenets of authenticity and respect for the soldier."

Oh, so it won't be Modern Warfare 2?

And kicking in doors feature is AWESOME!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.