Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man Legends 3 Project

Game » consists of 0 releases.

A long-awaited third entry in the Mega Man Legends series, originally announced for the 3DS but later canceled.

Mega Man Legends 3 Launching First On...3DSWare?

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

No Caption Provided
    Capcom announced last week your first taste of Mega Man Legends 3 will be Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version, billed as a "launch title" for Nintendo's upcoming 3DSWare digital marketplace.

Capcom has been heralding Mega Man Legends 3 as a collaboration with fans since now-departed designer Keiji Inafune confirmed a third entry was finally coming. Capcom's taking that collaborative spirit one rather crazy step forward by releasing an incredibly unfinished version of the game to fans.

"No matter how large or small your idea is," said the company in the press release, "you have the chance to see it come to life and get your name in the credits of the game!"

Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version will include the "new close combat gameplay style," several playable missions, access to areas that are nowhere near completed, and a debug menu that can flip on "special moves and abilities." Seems like you'll be able to super-power your character pretty quickly.

The big question: will you have to pay up? Capcom US won't say. The company told me "pricing" (which doesn't mean this won't be free, but they won't say one way or the other) is coming later. In Japan, Capcom will be charging 200yen (roughly $2.40). Similar pricing wouldn't come as a surprise.

The 3DSWare marketplace isn't available on 3DS yet. Nintendo is expected to release an update soon.
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

No Caption Provided
    Capcom announced last week your first taste of Mega Man Legends 3 will be Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version, billed as a "launch title" for Nintendo's upcoming 3DSWare digital marketplace.

Capcom has been heralding Mega Man Legends 3 as a collaboration with fans since now-departed designer Keiji Inafune confirmed a third entry was finally coming. Capcom's taking that collaborative spirit one rather crazy step forward by releasing an incredibly unfinished version of the game to fans.

"No matter how large or small your idea is," said the company in the press release, "you have the chance to see it come to life and get your name in the credits of the game!"

Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version will include the "new close combat gameplay style," several playable missions, access to areas that are nowhere near completed, and a debug menu that can flip on "special moves and abilities." Seems like you'll be able to super-power your character pretty quickly.

The big question: will you have to pay up? Capcom US won't say. The company told me "pricing" (which doesn't mean this won't be free, but they won't say one way or the other) is coming later. In Japan, Capcom will be charging 200yen (roughly $2.40). Similar pricing wouldn't come as a surprise.

The 3DSWare marketplace isn't available on 3DS yet. Nintendo is expected to release an update soon.
    TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TimmyChaw
    Love it 
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Burn1n9m4n

Jeff loves it

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DaemonBlack

I really liked the first legends game. If i ever decide to get a 3DS ill maybe check it out.

INFINITE_CASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By INFINITE_CASH

cool

UsbCable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UsbCable

I loved Legends one and it's fancy mall music, this news makes me happy.

Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Olivaw

You jerks better buy it.

You better.

This game needs to get made!

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By TehFlan

I'm pretty excited for more Mega Man Legends, but I'll just wait for the full game (unless this does end up being free).

BlinkinCard41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlinkinCard41

A downloadable Mega Man Legends game unfortunately doesn't sound too promising, especially since it's on a handheld. I would be more comfortable if it were being released as a full fledged retail game. Hopefully they release the full game as regular retail. Even though I don't have a 3DS, I loved the first Mega Man Legends and it would be absolutely great if this game did well.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Julmust

I'm so glad to have Klepek on. I can't even force myself to read Nicholsons articles.

AncientMecha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By AncientMecha

Man... Mega Man Legends rocked. I'm gonna take some time out this summer and finally play through Legends 2, like I meant to all those years ago.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero_

So... they're blackmailing us? Cool. I'd do anything for Legends 3 at this point.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arker101

I don't care how I need to get it. I will get it.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

yay? I dunno. I love me some Mega Man Legends, but this sounds like they want us to pay to build a game for them. I doubt the final game will have this kind of mechanic and it'll spoil the exploration experience I loved in the first two....I'm out.

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By craigbandicoot

I'll wait until I've heard the official description....

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By ThaMilkMan

hhhmmm, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about getting your fanbase to do work for you, but I guess if it's like 2 dollars...and it's the full game unfinished that's not much of an issue, could be cool.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I love that I've been waiting 11 years for this game to be made, and now that it is, I don't even get to play it. That's fucking wonderful.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By xpgamer7
    I'm not sure how to feel on any of this.
    JoeRosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By JoeRosa

I dont understand why its on 3ds rather then a console system. Megaman legends 1 and 2 were on ps1 and there was megaman legends 64 which was on well 64. Lets put it on xbox and ps3 please.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel
    @BlinkinCard41 said:
    " A downloadable Megan Man Legends game unfortunately doesn't sound too promising, especially since it's on a handheld. I would be more comfortable if it were being released as a full fledged retail game. Hopefully they release the full game as regular retail. Even though I don't have a 3DS, I loved the first Mega Man Legends and it would be absolutely great if this game did well. "
    This downloadable version is just an unfinished prototype.  It's not a full retail release.  I imagine that the full game would actually be published on 3DS game cards.
    Serket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Serket

I'm not really that stoked about the fan collaboration, but it doesn't seem terrible, either. Plus, $2.40 sounds pretty cheap...

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Contro

The final game will be retail only.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.