Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGO Gameplay Demo from TGS

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Looks neat. Surprised there are only three classes. I was expecting a support/engineer type.

Also: PLUSH SNARE!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2 rmanthorp  Moderator

I'm going to play so much Ocelot...

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Barrabas

The most important part of this video can be seen at the bottom of the screen around 10:46. Cat hat!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@barrabas said:

The most important part of this video can be seen at the bottom of the screen around 10:46. Cat hat!

Alright, now you've got my attention MGO.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Looks like it could be pretty fun. But I also suspect this could end up as one of those games where one or two crack snipers just ruin it for everyone else, so we'll see what sort of legs it has for people like myself that are never great at online games.

Also, I wish you could use those cute little DD plushies in the story. And salute! I want to salute my soldiers when they salute me!

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This actually looks pretty great. Competitive shooters stress me out but I'm definitely going to give this a shot.

PLUSH SNARE!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope this game can give me a hit of the socom fix ive been jonesing for.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OurSin_360

Man i hope they can move the date up from January on pc. *edit* wait did he say october for EVERYBODY? I hope he didn't just make a slip up

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'll admit I lost my mind at those Ocelot ricochet shots. It'll be a damn shame if us PC players have to wait until January, although it's worth it if they fix some of the fairly rampant cheating that plagues the FOB mode.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This looks pretty cool. Haven't played CoD or any kinda of multiplayer shooter in years, curious how this shakes out.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just going to be like MGO2, where the people who can get the fastest headshots will come out on top.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fucking rad.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any word on taking your MGO character into single player? I would love to take on some bases wearing a cat on my head

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cat on my head.

Loading Video...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks quite good to me. Doesn't seem like an afterthought. And I think PP plays well so I can imagine this being a lot of fun.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ToySoldier83

Amazing how a game's presentations can change one's opinion. I saw the TGS stage floor demo and I'm not sure if it was because I didn't understand what was being said, the fact that the female avatars were half naked or that the action wasn't slow and methodical as it was presented in the above video, but this chaos with barely anyone taking cover or using their class to their advantage, I was turned off by MGO3 until I saw this TGS version of the game.

Still skeptical because both videos are supposedly the same game, but they seem so different and not sure what I will expect from gamers once this goes live.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Wow those ricochet shots.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

All of you guys don't know HOW MUCH crazy shit you missed if you skipped over Metal Gear Online on PS3. You could play as Liquid Ocelot and use his "Finger Guns" against people or play as Mei Ling and call for her battleship to blow people up. And just all the other goofy peripheral stuff that was in that game. Really really glad this is back and it looks pretty great. I do hope they just find excuses to just throw all kinds of random metal gear characters into MGO in future updates.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lanechanger
    @mirado said:

Yeah, I'll admit I lost my mind at those Ocelot ricochet shots. It'll be a damn shame if us PC players have to wait until January, although it's worth it if they fix some of the fairly rampant cheating that plagues the FOB mode.

This looks fun, I'm more worried about the cheating than anything at this point.

Worry#2: will grenade launcher and other knockdown weapons (shotguns) be OP? That strat makes legit FOB fights a joke.

Also, plush snare is totally going to be useless in game isn't it? Looks like you have to zoom in and focus on it for a bit for it to work which nobody's gonna do,.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks amazing! I'm happy that the salute returns. They should really add that to the single player as well so you can actually salute your fellow Mother Base comrades, i feel like such an asshole when everyone is doing it except Big Boss.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saft said:

This looks amazing! I'm happy that the salute returns. They should really add that to the single player as well so you can actually salute your fellow Mother Base comrades, i feel like such an asshole when everyone is doing it except Big Boss.

But instead you get to beat the shit out of them! That's worth a million salutes to them!

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lotta people talk trash about previous Metal Gear Online iterations, but I actually *really* really liked the MGS3 online in MGS3:Subsistence.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked what their going for on the stealth-action side. Very tactical. I only hope that people don't just lone wolf it and try to work together as a team. They had a live match going on youtube and people were running around like it was COD and not trying to play the game like it was intended. I kind of hope that they encourage not getting spotted in creative ways like how they encourage you to fulton rather than just kill targets. This whole thing falls apart me if they can't get people to play stealthy.

laxbro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the footage reminded me of what Rainbow Six siege was doing but without the coached dialogue. very tight, very tactical. MGO and Rainbow Six Siege both demand tactical play. I think MGO will have a better shot of being able to get people to play well together and be stealthy. Because your not coming to The Phantom Pain to run and gun and play the game like COD, or Battlefield. Your trying to be stealthy so hopefully people will have that mind set on a match to match basis of not just sprinting everywhere.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onarum

the dude narrating kinda sounds like Jason ;P

Ima play this at least for a bit at the beginning, before all the cheaters come.... the one downside of PC gaming I'm afraid....

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great!

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that this looks to be both potentially extremely tactical and a complete shit-show. Can't wait.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My worry is that this will be a tranq fest like MGS4's MGO was at a small point of time. Otherwise, this look fun as heck and I hope it sill gets support even after Konami self-destructs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.