Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Should I play online/with updates?

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just got MGSV for that PS Plus thing for October, and normally I’d download any necessary patches and activate online mode or whatever. Only this game both had *terrible* buzz around the online integration in single player AND the 1.1 update is only found in the Playstation Store as a free DLC? This all seems super weird, and I’ve enjoyed the first couple hours with the game just fine offline. Should I download that update in the store and turn on FOB invasions and stuff?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The devs have added some extra content and fixed a LOT of stuff with the game. The only issue would be invasions of your FOB, but to be frank, a strict NAT prevents that from ever happening.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.