Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Things you would have prefer not upgrade

Car_captcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello, I'm playing this for the first time and loving it.

But upgrading recently the intelligence section of mother base I realized things that take away some thrill, like the enemy nearvy advice or simply the meteorological info.

So are there more things like this that looking back you would have avoid to do?. Thanks.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would say no, especially if you try to be a completionist about unlocks/research. This game is well over 100hrs and not all content is unique. I ended up appreciating every piece of the arsenal/toolkit that helped speed up the process.

I think the bigger hinderance to my enjoyment was Konami's post-launch treatment. The amount of alerts/awards/etc that I began to receive for seemingly nothing became annoying. It's great to have more resources, but the amount of menus and screens I needed to button through was getting ridiculous.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Upgrading the balloons to the wormhole really bummed me out.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtb08: That is fair, the balloon animation is just so good

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rorie

@gtb08: That is fair, the balloon animation is just so good

Yeah, but getting stuff inside buildings was a huge boon, especially all the resources at the airfield!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You never have to bring it with you, Wormhole and balloons are different items. You can downgrade back to which one you like.

@gtb08 said:

Upgrading the balloons to the wormhole really bummed me out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.