Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

My system specs

Roqlev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Roqlev

i am just wondering an opinion if i should get xbox or PC version

Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
    4 gigs of ram
    Geforce 275 1 gig of ram on it
    windows 7. 
    let me know if i need to add more.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Your computer meets the minimum requirements. What I'm wondering (and you too I take it) is if a PC that only meets the min-medium requirements would look better than the 360 version. Because if it only looks good on PC with Crossfire or SLI cards and 8 gigs or ram then what's the point?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

Should be more than fine. After playing a bit of it with a comparatively modest rig compared to what people can get these days (SLI 8800GT, AMD 5600+@ 2.8Ghz, 2 GB of RAM on XP) I was able to throw on Very High DX9 settings, which I'm sure look better than the 360 version, without issue.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Im almost similar to that

Quad Q9550 3.6ghz (OC)
    GTX 275
    4gb Ram
    WIn7 64 bit

Any thoughts on how far i will be able to push Metro?

PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PDC_Emulator

That PC should run it pretty well. I did some googling for some benchmarks, but the game just came out so there arent any available yet. If you want a more clear picture on how your PC will run the game, wait for the benchmarks.

Roqlev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roqlev

i got it on steam last night and it runs great! and it looks amazing, it auto-ed my settings to High for some reason so i just left them at that

dylanderoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dylanderoo
    @sodiumCyclops: pretty far,  i think but with that 4gigs and quad 3.6ghz you will almost run it perfectly.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Alphiehyr

@Roqlev said:

" i am just wondering an opinion if i should get xbox or PC version  Core 2 duo 3.0 ghz 4 gigs of ram Geforce 275 1 gig of ram on it windows 7.  let me know if i need to add more. "

If you get the PC version, there's a good chance you might experience issues such as: lag, fps dropping, crashes, etc. Depending on your systemperformance and game settings. The 360 version however, I believe you won't experience any of the issues mentioned earlier but at the cost of having the graphics preset.

@dylanderoo

said:

" @sodiumCyclops: pretty far,  i think but with that 4gigs and quad 3.6ghz you will almost run it perfectly. "

I'm pretty sure that his settings will run the game perfectly. Granted that he doesn't up the graphic settings on high or max.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.