Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro 2033

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Metro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic first-person-shooter, set in the underground community built in the ruins of a Russian municipal train system, based on the best-selling novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Possible game breaking glitch

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

This happens after you get to the radio tower and send out the message. I've gone down the ladder at the side of the building, and gone back out the entrance to the building and walked round, but everytime I approach the gap in this fence my screen goes black and I get the game over screen. It's not like when you usually die at all; the guy still makes a noise as though he's been hit, but rather than going red and dropping to the floor the picture just cuts out. I thought maybe I had been sniped, but even crawling along the outside, out of view of anything makes it happen. Tried about six times now and it happens every time. Am I doing it wrong or is this a glitch?

EDIT: I quit and loaded the checkpoint back up. This time it saved after going down the ladder, but as soon as I walk forwards I die again.

w34ky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By w34ky

go around. this happened to me, but head back into that house. There is a way to go on top of house and slip down the side, so you dont actually have to go through that fence.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

Yeah, I figured it out eventually. There's a hidden staircase in the building that leads into the basement. It's just dumb that they made an obvious looking path that kills you if you go near it. Should have just cut that bit out and stuck a fence there so you couldn't actually go that way.

w34ky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By w34ky

yeah, it kinda sucks. im still not exactly sure what kills you in the first place.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @ElectricBoogaloo said:
    " This happens after you get to the radio tower and send out the message. I've gone down the ladder at the side of the building, and gone back out the entrance to the building and walked round, but everytime I approach the gap in this fence my screen goes black and I get the game over screen. It's not like when you usually die at all; the guy still makes a noise as though he's been hit, but rather than going red and dropping to the floor the picture just cuts out. I thought maybe I had been sniped, but even crawling along the outside, out of view of anything makes it happen. Tried about six times now and it happens every time. Am I doing it wrong or is this a glitch?  EDIT: I quit and loaded the checkpoint back up. This time it saved after going down the ladder, but as soon as I walk forwards I die again. "
    Spoilers dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.