Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mighty No. 9

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 21, 2016

An action-platformer headed by Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune, and crowdfunded via Kickstarter. It is heavily inspired by Inafune's Mega Man franchise.

The new Mighty No. 9 trailer is dreadful

• 113 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I... I kind of loved the trailer because of how bad it is. It's so perfectly awful.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Play the trailer with the sound muted, the game looks horribly bland and boring.

gamehaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By gamehaver

The trailer is ironic. If people weren't hunting for a reason to shit on this project they'd see that. I can't believe that gamers, the group that is extremely intolerant of the idea of being 'triggered' (quite often post-traumatic stress episodes) by unwanted discussion of rape, are so offended over the "anime fan on prom night" line.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@gamehaver: The first time I watched the trailer, I really tried to thought of it as ironic... I really, really tried. But it doesn't work as an ironic trailer. Most of the trailer is about how cool the game looks, how cool the action is, and how cool combos (and "combos of combos") are, so unless they are really talking about all that mechanics as "ironically cool", it doesn't work...

If there was any inspiration, I would say it looked like the early 90s SEGA commercials, except with an even more out of touch attitude. Like a 50 years old that got frozen in 1991 and had absolutely no idea of how youngsters talk, except what he saw in Parker Lewis reruns.

In that sense, at least, the trailer is hilarious, if only because the writing is so terrible its beyond unbelievable.

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still a thing? Christ, how difficult is it to make a Megaman clone?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Solh0und

I should point out that the reception that it's getting so far for the full retail game.....hasn't been kind.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well at least they aren't charging $60 for it.

i feel a little bad for them. seemed like everything was just falling into their laps for them and they still managed to screw it up. not being a mega man fan i don't really care but it still seems pretty depressing.

as far as the ad they probably could have gotten away with a satire of 90s ads, but i don't think they were ever capable enough of that kind of parody.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By BradBrains

well at least they aren't charging $60 for it.

i feel a little bad for them. seemed like everything was just falling into their laps for them and they still managed to screw it up. not being a mega man fan i don't really care but it still seems pretty depressing.

as far as the ad they probably could have gotten away with a satire of 90s ads, but i don't think they were ever capable enough of that kind of parody.

I paid 60 bucks for it :(

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

I should point out that the reception that it's getting so far for the full retail game.....hasn't been kind.

Their probably named Vernon, don't like awesome things that are awesome and like anime though.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Might Number 9 seems like it should have the "Hottest Mess" category on lockdown this year.

The game not being very good was telegraphed a while ago, so that part doesn't surprise me. It's a real shame the guy who invented one of the most copied games of all time can't even hit the same quality level of most of the clones dropping on Steam on a near monthly basis.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think every trailer should insult anime fans

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm really curious about that quick look coming up. Have a strong feeling this will be a Dan and Jeff quick look and knowing Jeff has been pushed away from Mighty #9's controversy and terrible trailers, this ain't gonna leave a good impression.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.