Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft + Free time at school + Giant Bomb = :D

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Edited By aurahack

So, I put my Normandy project on hold (to wait for us to get mod tools back so we can make it a lot more efficiently) and decided to make a castle in the mountains. Which I did. I was building said castle during this week's TNT, in which Jeff was sporting the brilliantly brilliant shirt that fellow GB user buzz_clik designed. The design is totally sexy, so I decided to make it into a giant... well, I dunno. Floaty sign, or something, in Minecraft. Took me about an hour or two of total work.  

Thought I'd share with the Giant Bomb users since... well, you know, it's kind of maybe Giant Bomb related. 

Viewing it from some weird tower of wool I built to get the full thing in frame.   
    Viewing it from some weird tower of wool I built to get the full thing in frame.   

Shot from directly below it to represent how kind of big it is. 

So that. Fun stuff! Also, god dammit Cal that design was a genius idea.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By aurahack

So, I put my Normandy project on hold (to wait for us to get mod tools back so we can make it a lot more efficiently) and decided to make a castle in the mountains. Which I did. I was building said castle during this week's TNT, in which Jeff was sporting the brilliantly brilliant shirt that fellow GB user buzz_clik designed. The design is totally sexy, so I decided to make it into a giant... well, I dunno. Floaty sign, or something, in Minecraft. Took me about an hour or two of total work.  

Thought I'd share with the Giant Bomb users since... well, you know, it's kind of maybe Giant Bomb related. 

So that. Fun stuff! Also, god dammit Cal that design was a genius idea.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

That looks awesome. I should get back into Minecraft.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

holy crap. how do you even have the patience to make these things? i should probably play minecraft 
    also, i couldn't help but notice that you had a double pizza tab open. double pizza is the shit. 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

I love how pc users build these awesome rigs, then get addicted to games like Minecraft that have shitastic graphics.  

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aurahack
    @AjayRaz: Double Pizza is pretty good, yeah. Plus it's the only place I can order from online. Not having to talk to someone to get food = AWESOME! Though I guess Domino's also has online ordering but Domino's pizza sucks. Like, sucks hardcore. 

And it didn't take me that long. You should see the library I made. That shit took me like, 10 hours or something.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aurahack
    @ninjakiller: I also love that. Hardly my case, but still. My friend has a $3000 Alienware laptop that he uses to play LoL and Minecraft. Boggles my mind, really. 
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
    @aurahack: double pizza is real good if you don't have that much money. 2 large pizzas + fries and wings is like 30 dollars or something from what i remember, or i'm probably thinking of somewhere else. the last time i ordered online was with pizza hut a couple years back and they didn't even show up that night so when we called back in the morning, we got a bunch of free food.  

yeah, ordering pizza online is pretty kick ass
    mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mrfizzy

The title of this thread made me think back and wonder why it was that i have no memories of checking out GB while i was at school, then i remembered that GB didnt exist when i was still at school... now i feel old :( 

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aurahack
    @AjayRaz: Totally. And it's nice that DP humors me when I write "No exploding pizzas, please" in the delivery instructions.

@mrfizzy: It keeps me from drowning in sleep when I'm in college so yeah, I have very limited memories of GB but still.  

That said yeah, I feel old too knowing my high school memories of the internet was either with my SOCOM II clan or being in IRC chatrooms.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WickedCestus

Fantastic job! But.... the first character should have two dots and a dakuten.  It's  ジ not ソ.  Yeah, really nit-picky, but I notice things like that.  

Still a lot of good work there though!  

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it makes sense that you would do it like that, because if you did it the proper way it would cause that character to be bigger than the rest. 

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Epic stuff...I really need to get back on MineCraft...I have it on my PC and I need to get it onto my Mac so that I can enjoy it online xD

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Noodles
    @ninjakiller said:
    " I love how pc users build these awesome rigs, then get addicted to games like Minecraft that have shitastic graphics.   "
    I play Diablo 2 on a 46" TV. Yup.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aurahack
    @supermike6: Precisely why I didn't make it as it was ;) Believe me, I'm super finicky when it comes to that stuff but I'd rather take the hit and stay faithful to the original image. :o 

@shadowknight508: You should! Everyone should! :D 

@Noodles: The pixel/inch ratio on your TV must of been illegal.
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Noodles
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By aurahack
    @Noodles: That's where the industry needs to go. Fuck shaders, renderers and normal mappers. Bigger pixels is where we need to go. 
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @ninjakiller said:
    " I love how pc users build these awesome rigs, then get addicted to games like Minecraft that have shitastic graphics.   "
    I love that my shitastic non-gaming PC runs an addictive game like Minecraft. Go figure.
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Noodles
    @aurahack said:
    " @Noodles: That's where the industry needs to go. Fuck shaders, renderers and normal mappers. Bigger pixels is where we need to go.  "
    Hell yeah. I'm not even a fan of Minecraft but I absolutely love the way it looks. Pixels all the way.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman

Amazing. I still need to play Minecraft at some point. I have no idea how people make this stuff, but it has to be easier than I'm imagining.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By aurahack
    @JJWeatherman: What I posted above, very. It's just a bunch of blocks stacked ontop of each other properly.  

Far more difficult is the 1/1 scale Normandy SR-2 I've started to build.... now THAT is a pain in the ass.
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By aaox

I want whatever shirt was mentioned here. I will forcibly obtain one if necessary.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By DeeGee

I've lost the ability to be amazed by things made in Minecraft once I found out people just draw them in a program first and then import it into Minecraft. All the wonder of the time spent, the patience, the design work is gone.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#22  Edited By vigorousjammer
    @YoctoYotta said:
    " @ninjakiller said:
    I love that my shitastic non-gaming PC runs an addictive game like Minecraft. Go figure. "
    same here, duder
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By aurahack
    @DeeGee: That's pretty terrible. Was unaware tools like that existed, actually. I took buzz's design and re-drew it in Photoshop, then used the pixel grid to layout where I would place stuff in-game. Bummer that people would use tools like that, though. Takes the fun out of it. :/ 

@Aaox:
     UUUUGH me too. Pretty sure it's a subscriber-only thing.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn
    @DeeGee said:
    " I've lost the ability to be amazed by things made in Minecraft once I found out people just draw them in a program first and then import it into Minecraft. All the wonder of the time spent, the patience, the design work is gone. "
    Other than that star Trek thing, its not very commonly done. 
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By mikemcn
    @DeeGee said:

" I've lost the ability to be amazed by things made in Minecraft once I found out people just draw them in a program first and then import it into Minecraft. All the wonder of the time spent, the patience, the design work is gone. "

Other than that star Trek thing, its not very commonly done. And the community tends to single out people who do things like that. 
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ToxicAntidote
    @Axxol said:
    " That looks awesome. I should get back into Minecraft. "
    People keep saying that.
    I keep saying that.
    I should get back in to Minecraft.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By buzz_clik
    @aurahack: Awww, this is tops! Glad my design inspired you to get your creative on.

@mrfizzy said:

" ...i remembered that GB didnt exist when i was still at school... now i feel old :(  "

Dude, a usable form of the internet barely existed when I was in high school.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MikkaQ
    @YoctoYotta said:
    " @ninjakiller said:
    I love that my shitastic non-gaming PC runs an addictive game like Minecraft. Go figure. "
    Yep, Minecraft is actually holding me back from buying a better computer. What's the point, really, when the best PC game runs on crap machines. 
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By aurahack
    @buzz_clik: Hardcore so. I've been drilling for the past few weeks now about getting my own shirt design on and I'm having a tough time coming up with anything good. I need to look into more awesome game logos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.